Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (1)

Tim B

Posted

oh yeah that photo was taken in north east england in countydurham just outside newcastle.

2 inches of extra snow in thirty minutes

45 schools closing in county durham and tyneside

Newcastle Vipers vs Fife Flyers ice hockey match called off

oh yeah thunder and lightening with this as well

starting to ease off now - signs of sun

Posted

At 11.58am it was 2.2c, cloudy, fairly calm. All of a sudden a 40k/mh gust brought a blanket of snow down, in literally 1 second. As I type, its 12.12pm, total and utter whiteout, and the temperature is -1.8c. The temperature has dropped FOUR DEGREES in 14 minutes.

Oh, -1.9c now.

Posted

Heavy Accumulations likely over the next 24 hours for Sheffield, Mansfield, Nottingham and Lincoln.

Severity Risk sporadically transferring to Peterborough and Camborough as the systems move through.

Stayed at Pickering in North Yorkshire last night, measured the snowfall accumulations to be 5 - 7 cm on average.

I'm in York City at the moment and I'll be heading south, next stop Lincoln, anyone have any advice on where their is currently the heaviest accumulations already in any of the places mentioned above.

Kindest Regards,

[Keith J David]

Posted

Well no snow here on the south coast. A few cars have a light dusting where it fell inland overnight. It's sunny and clear here but a tad cold.

THE MET OFFICE have issued an severe weather alert for East Anglia at 12.09pm saying an area of heavy snow is likely to arrive this afternoon. Accumlations in places. Have checked radar and it seems to be heading that way. N-NW direction. Looks like it'll miss us in the south east completely.

Is the cloud thickening there anyone?

Posted

Moderator Edit: (By Tim :( You cannot link to pictures on you're hard disk, You need to send them to a webserver and link them from there.

Posted

No south east will get snow as well. Met Ofiice has put warning of south east as well saying that there could be several cms in places. Will gradually die out this evening.

Weather fan.

Posted
We have gad around 3 to 4 inches hear in Cambridgeshire, very good night. More snow to come perhaps for this afternoon, its turned cloudy.

Alot of roads were blocked.  

Matt

Hi Matt,

I read with interest your snow report for Cambridgeshire.. Where abouts are you in Cambs as I'm in South West Cambs, close to the Beds border (16 miles from Cambridge) and we only got an inch :(

Not sure if we're due for any more, any thoughts..?

Im in South East Cambridgeshire mate, the levels of snow varied in different parts of cambridgeshire. I got quite a bit more snow than expected :wink: 3 inches, very good night !

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

It is starteds at 11.20 in leetle flurries. Pressure trend is dropped and temp is starteds to rise from 0.0 to 0.6 and suddenlys snow istrateds to gets heavy and non stops. Wind is was pretty strong iswells! Then by 12.30pms it is got mad like blizzard and sometimes u is not ables to see past u's windows!

Very wickeeeds man! The me is managed to films it iswells! Me is took some snappy shots when snow is starteds but too blizzardy for digi PCs later ons!! Blizzard is goes on for hour or so (temp is dropped badlys again to -0.5c) and then after whiles snow is got lighters! Me is had coverings of bout 2cms within 20 mins! It is was awesomes to see first bleezards after such long times! Lot of peoples is got its last night innits!!

Mr baldie u is got u's snow yets? Surely u isn't missed outs? Snow is steel settled outsides and last night min temp is was -3.2c till 8am thees mornings! Sunny mornings but snow not melteds. Temp is 0.9c right nows and the me is forecast more snows!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! Good lucks verybodys, the me is hopes u is all had mega load of snows and schools is shuts and day of works for alls!!! Me is will post me's snow piccies on board tonite!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, dry in summer.

Yes as said in Northumberland & Co Durham we had a real snow storm lasting about 1hr or so and dropping another 6-8cm on top of already lying snow. Blizzard like for a while and even had thunder and lightening.

This band of snow moving south now so someone will get it!!

More to come may be?

John

Blackwell - you must be quite close. I'm working on tanfield lea industrial estate.

Posted

Well done craaazzzzzyyyyyyyyyy glad that the lllloooooootttttooonnn got sheeeeetttt loads. I got between 3-5cm as a rough estimate last night. Was beautiful watching those white fluffy flakes dancing down from the sky!!!!!

Posted
Currently snowing in Northwich!  Yippity doo dah day!

Started off as rain then sleet and now snow!

Yeh Baby!!!   :D

You live in Cheshire! Ack, its almost comin' for me then, i live in West Cheshire, you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Weather Report in Hertford Hertfordshire

Snow is melting fast :D

Temperature 2.5c / 36.5f

Wind North West at 7mph

Humidity is 83%

Barometer 1001.8

Dew Point -1c / 31f

Wind Chill -1c / 31f

Wrap up warm its cccccccccccccccccold out there.

Posted
Currently snowing in Northwich!  Yippity doo dah day!

Started off as rain then sleet and now snow!

Yeh Baby!!!   :D

You live in Cheshire! Ack, its almost comin' for me then, i live in West Cheshire, you?

You best change your Signature then MSL

Posted

Hewavy snow here in Bury. Was looking highly unlikely for any more snow earlier when it rained/sleeted for around 20 mins! Now snowing hard, and accumulating where snow hasnt melted slightly.

Posted

Heavy snow this morning :D will load up pictures later- a few cm's now starting to drift in the wind :D

Posted

:shock: Currently white out blizzard conditions. It started with really high winds, swirling around but has now settled in to a steady dumping of snow

:? Hmmm, think I better phone hubbie & tell him to get home

p.s. Snowy - glad to hear you got some or I would never hear the last of it :roll: :roll: :wink:

Posted

It seems that teh third band of snow has now cleared us here, it lasted just short of 2 hours, but dropped loads of snow, but because of the wind there is only about 2-3" of snow with deep drifts against buildings/fences etc.

There seems to be a few other showers following on behind though, Can't wait to see the 1300 radar picture to see if we are in for more

Posted
No south east will get snow as well.  Met Ofiice has put warning of south east as well saying that there could be several cms in places.  Will gradually die out this evening.

Weather fan.

The warning doesn't mention East or West Sussex so I'm not really expecting anything. Shame. I live on the coast too so my chances are even lower I guess. That warning wasn't on there when I last posted. Seems that they are sure where the snow is actually heading. Most of it seems to be heading to the north / north east of me. :cry:

Posted
same here right now katie!  unbelievable, not seen this in years!

mega mega heavy and building up fast!

:D   :D   :D

Good luck MSL, i can;t see here im in College clasroom, and the windows are steamed, was snowing few mins ago though.