Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th January 2004 (3)

Tim B

Posted

Clear sky moderate to strong wind (seems N-NE), snow on the ground has now frozen solid.

Hoping we get some more :D

Guest ChaserUK

Some quite big flakes in there too! Temp drop amazing. 5 minutes ago I showed 8c, now 5.7c and still dropping (I think my sensor adds a couple of degrees on hehehe). But its snowing - thank god for that!

Posted

a great day was had driving around the minor roads in my mates 4x4 here in the northeast. several blizzards with much drifting :(:D:( .anyway still the odd snow shower here in newcastle with strong winds and a temp of -2 just wish the wind would tilt a little more to the east and we should catch some of those storms brewing just out to sea. frustrating as i am watching the clours rush down the coast :x :x :roll:

Posted

Been below freezing since 12 o clock. The snow isn't frozen solid here, apart from where it has been trodden down.

Posted

:shock: Sideways blizzards at the moment. Drifting seems to be the biggest problem up here, any treated roads are just rendered useless :roll:

Posted

In Derby there was snow last night which left a covering this morning, then a heavy snow shower around 0900 this morning and further flurries until midday, then it all melted with sleet and rain then this afternoon around 1400/1500 there was very heavy snow and blizzards giving a very good covering. Frozen solid now.

City was in gridlock this evening, bus journey in the evening to city centre takes normally around 10mins but it took 45min today

All the salt was washed away in the rain period

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

snow is frozens solid bout 3 inches and moon is shinings like baby bum and temp is -3.2c. very cheeely. anymore snows for the lootons tonites????

Posted
ITS SNOWING IN JERSEY!!!!!!!!

Just had to comment here Chaser, its rare to see snow in Jersey, so this is quite special. Make the most of it mate and keep us informed! :D

Posted

At about 5.30ish had a complete white-out. I ve never seen anything like(if that makes sense), but my god it messes with your senses. I couldn't see anything, hear anything because of the wind and i was absolutley numb with cold. Absolute quality.

About 2 cms of snow left now, frozen solid, trechourous conditions wether driving or walking :shock:

Guest ChaserUK

Indeed - they have not had lying snow for 9 years! Anyway it has stopped now with nowt lying but at least I can join the snow club hehehehe

Posted

Heavy snow shower for about 20 mins here in liverpool before. Wet ground from rain and hail beforehand so it didnt stick, freezing cold now, bout -5 and everywhere frozen, everywere covered in black ice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

:( Well what a cool day here in Swindon,disappointed at first then BANG!! it all went crazy.Seeing the lightening (7 flashes) in a snowstorm is a first for me..........and my 70 year old dad. :D

This is my 'poor' car!!

bmsnow2.jpg

Posted

The snow action has calmed down a lot up here. Temperatures are below freezing with a stiff wind (not as strong as it was during the afternoon) We are just getting the odd snow shower now, but each shower adds a little and will even whiten the roads.

The radar shows it could be like this for much of the night

Posted

I am absoloutely amazed to say the least. Heavy snow (maybe the odd blizzard-like conditions) was falling from the school for around 20 minutes if that, but we have a covering. Absoloutely amazing, I live next to the highstreet and for around 10 minutes the cars were barely moving, snow covered straight away. I will remember this for the rest of my life, even a few snowboarders :D Probably snow on the beach for a while too :)

I've had a lot of fun, I will remember this date: 28/01/04 :!:

Currently -3 with clear skies, still a few cm's, patchy in parts though

Posted

Also the very rare occurance of thunder and lightning with the blizzard-like conditions and very strong winds, for around a minute i could not walk down the road, it was too dangerous :D

Posted
I am absoloutely amazed to say the least. Heavy snow (maybe the odd blizzard-like conditions) was falling from the school for around 20 minutes if that, but we have a covering. Absoloutely amazing, I live next to the highstreet and for around 10 minutes the cars were barely moving, snow covered straight away. I will remember this for the rest of my life, even a few snowboarders   :D  Probably snow on the beach for a while too   :)  

I've had a lot of fun, I will remember this date: 28/01/04  :!:  

Currently -3 with clear skies, still a few cm's, patchy in parts though

Your lucky the ground was dry there! I wish it was dry here, we had the same as you but something always goes wrong when it snows here, soaked ground so it all melted!