Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 01st - 08th February 2004

thejailender

Posted

Not snowing here YET!, but we just had a Thundershower, with lightning and extremely strong gusts of wind, wet snow being blown horizontal, just a shame it wasn't really heavy snow, it would have been a whiteout for sure. The nights only just begun :wink:

Posted

Yep if you look at the 6pm radar http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/r...adar/index.html , the small blob of red about 7 miles East of Manchester represented the Thunderstorm we had here :o very localised but brilliant while it lasted. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Extremely heavy hail shower in Lancaster.

As is usual in areas near the sea when a cold wind is blowing off the warm sea, the temperature fell dramatically as the shower passed through, but will probably warm back up again in the clear interval following. The temp started at 4.8C and fell to 1.4C. Having said that, it's snowing and 1.8C now.

If temperatures can just fall overall by 1 deg C then Lancaster will see some settling snow. But coastal warming is a temperamental feature- I'll just have to wait and see, in excited anticipation.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

weve just had graupel and ice pellets in a very heavy shower

Posted

Just had a breif period of wet snow, but it's not cold enough for it too settle. The wind is blowing it sideways though!

Posted

:o We too have just had a short snow shower but it was snowing sideways :shock:

It's not settled but the temps are dropping I'm sure any more we get may stick :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

just had a very heavy hail and snow shower giving a temporary light covering.

Posted

Well the sleet has turned to snow now with larger flakes falling but the intensity has eased off and it's very lights at the moment, infact the flakes are almost dancing in the wind and can't seem to make up thier mind to fall down or go back up lol :o

Posted

not really Evan although I may have been wrong about the front. I cant actually remember what I said but it's not settling to any great effect but there is more in the way of snow.

Posted
not really Evan although I may have been wrong about the front. I cant actually remember what I said but it's not settling to any great effect but there is more in the way of snow.

oh well it was only a joke, we'll see i guess. Im still quite confident of seeing some snow(maybe not settling) in hertford tonight.

Evan

Posted

From the met office .. :o

Severe weather is expected in the next few hours, for:

Northern Ireland: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 19:00

The Midlands: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 19:00

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 19:00

North-West England: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 19:00

Northern England: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 19:00

South-West Scotland: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 17:00

North-West Scotland: Blizzards, Heavy Snow & Severe Gales at 17:00

Where's da humble pie? :wink:

Posted

Sounds like its on its way here :D just had lightning, hail, snow and now sleeting. Had a covering due to intense hail before and is blowing a gale! Wintry showers rock for NW England :o

Posted

WOW, Blizzard even better than last weeks. The wind is whipping it round and round back into the air and everywhere :shock:

Posted

the met office really need to realise that it gets colder at night. They seem to oversee this until it happens and then they think, oh no its suddenly cold enough to snow, bloody Muppets.

Evan