Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 01st - 08th February 2004

thejailender

Posted

The 11pm radar had red colours in it, denoting maybe thundershowers and probably heavy snow? You should be getting this now, unless it's fragmented very quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Either it's fragmented just before it got here (DOH!) or it has stalled somewhere just to my north. The sleet beefed up at times but nothing particularly heavy.

Posted

Something wierd happened over night. As I said in an a post last night we had about 5" of snow and it was still snowing when I went to bed about 11.30. I got up and had a look out the window about 4.30 this morning and it had all but gone, there was still a bit of slush around but next to no snow, so tucked myself back in bed, then when I got up about 8am there was another 2" of fresh snow on top of what was now frozen slush.

We must have had a slight warm spell during the night with rain, before it turned cold again..

Very bizarre

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Same here mate! :x

Did you have that blizzard yesterday evening? It was quite something wasn't it? :shock:

I was half expecting to see deep drifts this morning. What a shame, eh? :cry: :cry:

Posted

PT - I was travelling up from Kirkcauldy last night and from Dalwhinnie onwards got no faster than about 30 mph, the snow drifts were closing in on the A9 - I wouldn't be surprised if it was closed overnight. But we came through that blizzard you mentioned. My wife was stayed home yesterday and she said from about 5pm-8Pm they had the blizzard, which dumped about 5" of snow...

Nioce and clear now though, but still very cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I've been caught-out on the A9 before - it can be pretty hairy can't it? It's almost impossible to see where you are going.

We never got 5" in Inverness; but, I think it had thawed/refrozen a couple of times before midnight. It was like walking on Rice Crispies! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Just had a few flakes in the air, getting cloudy from the West

Posted

Had 2 heavy snow showers up black mountain today (800m approx). Pen-y-fan (886m) is completley white, as it most of black mountain (down to about 600m). It was pretty cold up there, and very windy. :D

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

last night the wind is picked ups like mad temp is droppeds from 5.2 to 4.4c and heavy heavy rain is starteds at 11.00, by temp is droppeds to 2.3c and 11.30pms it is turned to heavy heavy snow for 7-8 mins in juicy fat flakies and then it is went bacvk to rains!! :cry: gusty gusty winds! drivings torrentials rain iswells! awful weathers and the me is was glad me is was not outsides!!!!!!

Posted

we had about 4 inches :shock: of lightly falling snow with no wind (the trees were amazing) :shock: :shock: on Saturday night, come Sunday moring it had all gone :cry: :cry: and it was very windy.

We have now had a few snow showers and a light covering which is lying.

:D