Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports.

Greyowl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Small t-storm in the last hour, torrential rain and a few flash's but with an almost continuous rumble. Skies are still quite dark so potential for more hopefully...

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

Torrential rain and much thunder and lightening, directly overhead Brighton at present. Rainfall is almost tropical in intensity. Radar suggests it won't last long though.

Posted

Fantastic light display going on to the North, North East and North West!!! Absolutely no sound though and no rain at all.

Flashing every 10 to 15 seconds now

Posted

Awesome storm here, constant thunder and lightning and still more on its way coming up from the south, I am in heaven got some stunning shots! Its running just slight east of me

Posted
I am in heaven got some stunning shots!

:p Damn! can't get a constant fix on anything here, I will get something tonight Lou!!!! :p

Posted

One cell has passed by here, about 3 miles I guess, some wonderful lightning, CC, CG big rolling thunder,rained very hard briefly. Can see more lightning to my SW

Posted

Very strange weather at the moment, lightning coming from all directions in the past hour with no thunder. Phoned my son who is just down the road with his friends he said there were balls of lightning coming out of the sky, told him he must be seeing things :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms
Very strange weather at the moment, lightning coming from all directions in the past hour with no thunder. Phoned my son who is just down the road with his friends he said there were balls of lightning coming out of the sky, told him he must be seeing things :p

Agreed, Maidstone is getting one heck of a battering right now, it's amazing!

Caught one on my phone...

http://vids.micra.org.uk/view/34/lightning-strike/

Edited by Lightning James

Posted

Having an absolute scorcher of a storm at the moment in Kent.

We have had periods of heavy lashing rain and the sky is a patchwork of electric light blue!

Posted

storm started here about 10ish,, dyed off slightly for about hour ,but now another storm approaching

Rain was unbelivable and so apparently was the lightning-didn't watch as hate it!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Storm for Norwich- the lightning declined somewhat in frequency as it came overhead, but there was a very impressive display just to the south as it approached.

I had no storms at all during my fortnight's holiday in the Argentat area of France (normally an area which gets a lot of storms, and has been getting a big one tonight). I've had three since returning to Norwich a week and a half ago!

Posted

Good lightning display here in Colchester last night from 10 pm-ish through to gone 2am. Thunder never loud but at times continuous rumbling around. Rain moderate throughout.

The spectacular thing about this was the lightning, very vivid, often no thunder with it even though the actual discharge itself seen, spider lightning, sheet lightning, CG, all seen. By 1am skies were clearing and soon after a starlit night apart from out to the East over the North Sea, where from points North through to South almost continuous lightning could be seen in the clouds out to that area, the lightning was never longer than 5 seconds apart and at times only 1 or 2 seconds apart.

This area of Colchester (East) I am pretty sure didnt get an overhead hit, although difficult to tell due to the lightning being all around a lot of the time, I tend to think one cell was an A12 chaser, so not sure how the North and West parts of Colchester faired, my guess if the case is Sudbury and Hadleigh will have copped it as they often do due to topography. A second large cell was a Coast Hugger, passing by to our East out towards Mersea Island and running into the Clacton/Harwirch/Walton/Felixstowe area?

Very much a storm which I would say is more "80's" style in its lightning intensity with its rumbling thunder, not quite an all night rumbler though!

Posted

Awesome show here in Brighton last night and then later on I enjoyed watching it to my east in the distance for a good few hours. Constant lightning every few seconds, lighting up the whole sky with beautiful colours, yellows, pinks etc. So pretty and spectacular!

News report here in the local paper ~ The Argus

Posted

A thunderstorm here for about 20 mins just now with lots of thunder and lightning

but not much rain.

Posted

Counted and Videoed 6 seperate parts of the MCS That hit the South East last night, 1st Visible Cg was at 925pm and was still having the bedroom lit up at 2am in the morning.

An MCS Of old with 4 and 1/2 hours of Storms!

2008 all is forgiven :)

Posted

good storm ne lincs, frequent C to G lightning, roads flooded, quite impressive really.

Posted

Sitting in Cambridge at the moment getting a lot darker, with a few rumbles of thunder, and small power cuts.

Hopefully it will develop into something more...