Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports

Mesosphere

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Post your storm reports here

i'd just like to report two rumbles of thuder here this morning from a cell coming off the north sea. The rumbles were at 6.00am and 6.45am , no lightning was recorded in this period. Intense Heavy Rain was recoreded

Edited by Calum

Posted

7 rumbles of thunder heard in the last 30 minutes but no lightning observed,the storm passed to my west and all I received was about 5 minutes of heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I keep hearing thunder now, but it's passing to my east, over my house where i'll be in about 30 mins!

Looking dark with no rain here yet.

Posted

Single flash of lightning/thunder within few seconds in heavy shower here at Keele just now.

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

short t-storm in ST19......1230-1310...10 strikes and rumbles..

edit.....2nd cell passing over currently.....2 flashes and 5 rumbles heard in past 10 minutes accompanied by torrential rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer

I've had about 20 rumbles in the last 15 minutes and a torrential deluge which I was lucky enough to get caught out in :) ! It's stopped now and I went out in my garden which is now about 2/3rds underwater! Crikey!

Posted

Couple of rumbles of thunder and a short spell of heavy rain. Surprised we got anything apart from rain as the temp has dropped to 15.1c from a high of 21.6c at 13.08 today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A couple of distant rumbles at UEA earlier- not really a proper storm, but they all count!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Couple of rumbles of thunder and Dad saw lightning to east yesterday about 1700 in Coventry. 10mm rain fell in less than an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Thought I heard some distant rumbles of thunder this morning but nothing distinctive! Now it is very sticky and from sunshine a couple of hours back the sky is now very gloomy and has a milky look to it, a sure sign of a brewing storm! :D

Posted

Starting to go very dark here :) . Hope it's a storm to end ths misersble summer :D

No sferics detected near here yet.

Edit: Sferic dected SW of here :D . Finally :D

Edited by storm12w

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Same here- it seemed that an area of torrential rain was heading for UEA, then a gap appeared in the middle, and then closed back up again once it got to the north! I'm not complaining though- some spectacular cloud displays and thunder and lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

4 rumbles of thunder here between 14:23 and 14:28, very little rain. Thunder not overhead, sounded to be in the distance. Cloud cover is Low Based Cumulonimbus, small gust front to my East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

2nd storm report of the day, small cell to my East produced a flash and rumble during its pass at aproximately 20:30pm.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Two heavy showers so far this afternoon each accompanied with a couple of loud claps of thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Had a very heavy shower just now, with hail, several flashes of lightning and some very loud thunder. It was quite shortlived but it was good while it lasted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

35 minute thunderstorm here in Penkridge Staffs....plenty of fork lightning, with the cell moving rapidly off to the east