Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's weather (aka General weather chat)

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Grey it may be but it's a simply gorgeous night! Still almost 21c at midnight - you can really enjoy the outdoor life when it's like this. Drinking a beer in the pub garden in your shorts without getting chilly later on is just lovely and something I've not done since July 2006! Always the best part of these grey, humid days - the stunning summer nights. It's rare in the UK to get many nights when you can totally relax outside without that evening chill getting you. When they come, especially on a weekend night, they must be relished! Shall enjoy tomorrow eve's offering too... perhaps the last one for many months.

Posted

Was a cloudy start but the sun has just made an appearance so i guess temps will rise fast.Currently 16c with a stiff breeze.

Posted

Dull and cloudy once again for me today after a bright start.

It's not the most enjoyable of weather types imo, but at least I have had a few dry days recently

Wind Speed 6.5 mph

Wind Gust 7.8 mph

Wind Direction 137.0 degrees

Outside Temperature 18.9 Celsius

Outside Humidity 66.0 %

Outside Dewpoint 13.0 Celsius

Atmospheric Pressure 1016.0 mbars

Inside Temperature 24.0 Celsius

Inside Humidity 54.0 %

Rainfall Today 0 mm

WindChill 17.5 Celsius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Cloudy

Temp: 16.0 °C

Wind: E (6 mph)

Relative Humidity (%): 99,

Pressure (mB): 1019, Falling,

Visibility: Moderate (improving)

Thick patchy fog at midnight with a temperature of 19.0 °C was slightly surreal to be out in. Sun is trying to break through the high cloud and it feels much warmer than the 16.0 °C recorded.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Well , having returned back from South-East Spain yesterday after 16 days of near perfect weather (Sunny and temps maxing at between 29c-33c), i was hoping for a bit of nice weather to ease me back into reality , but all i see is anti-cyclinic gloom, i have kept in touch via Sky News whilst out in Spain and i know the the weather has been pretty poor over the past couple of weeks (and the summer in general up here in the NW)... as far as i can see there is no prospect of any settled weather unless you really journey into F.I.....Ah well i'd better go and cut the jungle down that has appeared in my back garden..and dream of the 27th October (when we go to Egypt for a week!!! B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

19.3c the low - definitely an all windows open all night job!

Think it was brighter earlier (8ish) as I remember waking up to something brighter and can see a little lump in temperature graph! Now grey once more and a temp of 19.5c.

Todays max so far was at 0044 with 20.4c.

Although grey - it is nice eating your breakfast outside in your pj's!

Posted
19.3c the low - definitely an all windows open all night job!

Yeah, I had a terrible nights sleep last night because of the heat; I'm having a real struggle to wake up today B)

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 14.8c

Outdoor humidity 81%

Pressure 1011.8mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 3mph

Cloud Height 409m

Rain in last hour 0.0mm

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall 29.0mm

Dewpoint 11.6c

Windchill 14c

Weather Cloudy misty dull dry

Posted
Yeah, I had a terrible nights sleep last night because of the heat; I'm having a real struggle to wake up today B)

I was ok actually heat wise if not crazy dream wise! Just kept all windows open upstairs which are almost all skylights including one just above our bed kept a nice flow of air coming through. Think this new house I've moved to doesn't get so hot as my last place since that was a small terrace and this is detached. Not sure how it'll be in winter though... colder no doubt!

Still slate grey but looking here we may be in for some sun soon: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_uk_vis.html

Can see over past few hours the cloud being eaten at from the south quite quickly - just hope it keeps going at it so more of us can enjoy the sun!

20c now with signs of it increasing more rapidly after almost flat lining for past 6 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Morning all,

Another sunny morning. Fancy waking up to that view ! Thats the view of the valley that links Munchen to Venice, via the A10 auto route. Venice abouts a days drive away from here. Temperatures well into the 70s today.

C

post-3489-1220091782_thumb.jpg

Edited by carinthian

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

The day dawned overcast and humid after yet another very warm night, the warmest night of the year, with the minimum temperature only falling to 18.1c. At reading time, dull and overcast with a little more breeze than yesterday.

Readings at 10:00 – 09:00 GMT

Sky Conditions, 8 Oktas, Stratocumulus.

Temperature 18.5°C

Barometer 1016.0mb, falling.

Wind Force 3 easterly.

24-hour extremes

Maximum temperature 22.6°C

Minimum temperature 18.1°C

Minimum temperature on grass 17.0°C

Rain = 0.0mm

Yesterday, 28 August 2008

The day dawned warm, overcast and calm, minimum overnight of 17.3c, equaling the warmest night minimum this year on the 28 July. Conditions up to reading time were mostly calm and saw the cloud thinning slightly allowing for a brighter sky. The rest of the morning and in to the early part of the afternoon saw bright periods, however thicker cloud spread to the area later in the afternoon, feeling very warm and humid throughout, maximum temperature 22.6c, maximum wind gust 10mph from the west.

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well at the start of the day it looked possibly that the sun may sneak out. Soon dashed as thick grey cloud rolled up before ten. Max temp 18.9C at 9.39am so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A poor start to the day with lots of cloud, fairly mild temperatures though, currently 20.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Quite warm (20Cish), rather cloudy, breezy and humid.

Posted

Hazy sunshine coming through and increasingly warm with temps now rising fast. Currently 21.7c - I can see 25c if thicker cloud doesn't return...

Posted

Dissapointingly cloudy dull start to the day, currently grey skies, come on sunshine you can do it.... , this is turning into perhaps the dullest week of the summer so far by a long shout..