Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Freeeeeeeezing Fog

Posted

Just a few pictures to share with you of the Freezing fog shrouding the North West of England this morning from high up in the Pennines. Luckily its crystal clear at my house, a different world to when I left work this morning, where its much lower down & you cant see a had before you! The tower block in the pictures is the Oldham Civic Centre poking through the fog, looked quite spooky. Hope you enjoy.....

post-3616-1227952205_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1227952222_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1227952246_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1227952264_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1227952278_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1227952293_thumb.jpg

post-3616-1227952306_thumb.jpg

Posted
Just a few pictures to share with you of the Freezing fog shrouding the North West of England this morning from high up in the Pennines. Luckily its crystal clear at my house, a different world to when I left work this morning, where its much lower down & you cant see a had before you! The tower block in the pictures is the Oldham Civic Centre poking through the fog, looked quite spooky. Hope you enjoy.....

Great pictures - what a lovely part of the world you live in.

Regards,

Mike.

Edited by Winston

Posted

thanks for those photos, lovely examples of valley fog and hills being clear, a nice part of the world, lucky you.

Posted

Pretty pictures. They look like something straight out of fiction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Lovely pics there.

I forget what clear blue skies are like, it's been so dark, dreary and miserable down here in Suffolk recently.

Great pics though, welldone.

TA :lol:

Posted

Thanks for the comments, still freezing here, but thankfully not as much fog about! Hard to believe that the metropolis of Greater Manchester is under that thick blanket of fog. Makes you glad to be high up, because its even colder underneath it!!

Well done Storm Animal, photos like this are not the easiest to take imo.

I like them all too, if I needed to choose one, id say the first one for me, “The Mist-ery” of what lays below.

Thanks Storm