Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

SP1986

Posted

The sunshine lifted the temperature to 3.1c but since the sun has begun to set it's dropped quickly to 1.9c and there are some pretty, colourful cumulus drifting down from the NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

First day it has got above 0c since sunday , after a low of -5.3c last night the temp rose to the dizzy heights of +2.1c today but it has already started falling and currently it's back down to -0.1c, the skies are clearing and it looks like it's gonna be a cold one again tonight

Posted

Has felt like Spring today with a bit more sunshine, a slight melting of the frost etc. It seems like the warmest day for some time although I know it was mild up to CHristmas Day, a few ice days fooled me into thinking I was in a big freeze

Posted

Well I experienced the first bit of proper precipitation overnight in Newcastle for 2 weeks, quite surprised with the intensity of the rainfall, even more pleasantly surprised to see dusting of snow on many of the fields on my return journey back to Newcastle. Most notably between Hexham and Haltwhistle and again near Shap where the tree still looked encased by frost.

However, today definately feels alot milder than anything since Boxing Day, the frost is still there on the grass but not on pavement surfaces, however, I'm expecting a preety cold one tonight possibly -5 degrees and tomorrow temperatures are really going to struggle to get much above freezing here in the weak sunshine so that frosty glean will be everywhere again.

I saw some people ice hockeying today ona small patch of frozen water in a local field, also some of the streams around Shap looked frozen. This is great winter weather for getting out and about, I can't remember the last festive period which has remained so dry possibly 2001 but its been great for outdoor activities... couldn't have been more perfect weather apart from the freezing fod and low cloud that plagued many spots yesterday and wednesday (expecting those in the north east to disagree here as they have seen much much cloud during the festive period).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just great...all this cold dry weather and it just rained! Boring old rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Light Drizzle for a time this afternoon, clearing clouds and cold now. +1c

Posted

Been a sunny and clear afternoon with a light E/NE wind still some rime left on some of trees,which most of it has fell off leaving some underneath which won`t be thawing,gone cloudy now at 0.5c with a max of 1.6c looks to be a clearance coming back in from the east.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

I do not believe it - we may actually have a touch of frost in Norwich tonight! Anything to get rid of this endless cloud and temps above freezing. We even had rain today! I bet anywhere else in the country it would have fell as snow. Grrrr!

I think we are in a bit of no-mans-land when it comes to winter - close enough to the coast that temps can stay higher than inland, yet far enough away to miss any costal snow showers.

Anyway lets see what the next few days/weeks bring. I can't get a grasp of our prospects from the models so maybe just wake up, open the curtain with fingers crossed for some snow.

Posted
First day it has got above 0c since sunday , after a low of -5.3c last night the temp rose to the dizzy heights of +2.1c today but it has already started falling and currently it's back down to -0.1c, the skies are clearing and it looks like it's gonna be a cold one again tonight

Temp dropped to -0.7c earlier now it's back above freezing at +0.1c...whats going on? :doh:

Posted
I have pnn coming out of the sky at the mo but it is so light i do not know whether it is snizzle or drizzle. temp 4 deg C Dewpoint 0 deg C

Same here,was sleetish i think,but surface is very wet so if the old temp takes a tumble later its going to be like a skid pan out there :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A light shower of grain snow early this morning, other than that it's been a dry day with sunny intervals.

The temperature rose slowly overnight and all the rime below 300m had thawed by 0900, the remainder lasted until about 1030.

At 1800;

Temp', 1.0c

Max' today, 2.3c

Min' last night, -0.9c

Grass min', -1.4c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine today, 2.82 hrs

Mean wind speed, 10 mph NE

Highest gust today, 25mph NE at 1221

7 oktas stratocumulus

Vis', 50 miles.

Posted

Temps about 14.00 today varied between 5-8oC, in both Derby and Nottingham area. Warmest day for a while, and rather pleasent.

Temps back down to 2-3oC at about 17.00pm.

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

Considerably milder than the last couple of days here, and somewhat brighter as well. Currently 2.7 deg C, maximum 6.1, minimum last night -0.7. So far I have yet to experience an ice day in the 6 years I've lived in Reading, but it's come close a few times, including New Year's Eve when the maximum was 0.7.

Edited by Stargazer

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Cold, dry and cloudy here now, however we did wake up to a dusting of snow this morning - which was nice :doh:

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 5c

Outdoor humidity 90%

Pressure 1033mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 21mph

Cloud Height 632ft

Wet Bulb 4.4c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 0.0mm

Dew Point 3.5c

Wind Chill -3c

Weather Cloudy dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature rose 0.1c

Pressure rose 20.5mb

Humidity dropped 3%

Average wind speed 21mph

Dewpoint dropped 0.4c

Average wind direction South East

Moon age 5 days 33%

Sunrise and Sunset 9:02am - 4:07pm

Moonrise and Moonset 11:06am - 11:11pm

Posted

It's certainly not gona go down to the forecasted -5c here , currently it's 0c and cloudy, i predict -2c at best :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

+2c temperature rising. Clear spells