Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

Oooh!! that could hit barry then with a bit of luck, let's hope it's lots of snow. If I stand at the bottom of my street you can see Weston-Super-Mare acrross the Bristol channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Just had a heavy shower in Exeter, but unsurprisingly it was of sleety rain- temps are rather more marginal now. Still, it was good to see the showers remain as snow this morning.

Still think SW England is looking good for a marginal snow event on Thursday/Friday with the cold air currently progged to push right the way down the western side of Britain before the rain (sleet? snow?) clears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Lynxus..BBC latest I just saw..looks like they are stilll going for heavy snow for Central UK and WALES for Thurs/Frid 24/36 hrs worth poss

Ah cool.

Well lets all keep our fingers crossed then :D

I just hope if it does happen that the temps are low enough for it to settle ;)

Posted
Lynxus..BBC latest I just saw..looks like they are stilll going for heavy snow for Central UK and WALES for Thurs/Frid 24/36 hrs worth poss

Yes it is looking quite good at the moment for our area, rob m saying some big snow amounts lets hope it wont change........ currently have a thin covering of snow here from a heavy snow shower about 20 mins ago lasted half hour nothing in chelts.

Posted
Yes it is looking quite good at the moment for our area, rob m saying some big snow amounts lets hope it wont change........ currently have a thin covering of snow here from a heavy snow shower about 20 mins ago lasted half hour nothing in chelts.

Grr started to watch teh weather on the BBC's site and now its down :D Will have to keep trying!

Posted

Nick.F still going for the poss of snow M4 north wards.....and maybe the cold air from the north will win the battle with the mild air from the south.....Could be some nice snow fall thurs/fri....

Posted

Ah ha, Dogs just watched it.

Looks good :o

Shame its over night. Wont get to watch it lol But lets wait and see , from the look of that band i cant see how it could miss. but im sure it will lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just had a very light flurry go over head which was why i never replied lol

hardly worth watching but hey.

The next batch of interest does seem to be tring to veer away from out direction :o

the other concern is i have a thaw setting in as well with temps now up to 0.7c now and thats at 290m so it must be getting marginal lower down.

If its not going to snow i hope it clears and gets frosty.

Has the BBC made an error showing rainfall on the map with a temperature of 4C to 5C along the South of England when the Met Office forecasts minimums of -2 to -4C with a frost and ice quite widely, which is the opposite of BBC weather forecast as seen below showing rain at 5C by 03:00am Wednesday morning?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/charts/uk/uk_...in_09020402.jpg

We have just had a shower of ice-pellets not hailstones - very unusual. I think it was sleety!

Posted

Large area of PPN just breaking away from Brest, but 'm not waiting up for that lol. A dusting by morning would be nice, but milder air increasingly pushing in with the stuff from the south now, I fear.

Posted
Large area of PPN just breaking away from Brest, but 'm not waiting up for that lol. A dusting by morning would be nice, but milder air increasingly pushing in with the stuff from the south now, I fear.

Yeah looking quite beefy but wont be here for atleast another hour, better get bed soon

Posted

Excellent - thanks guys.

Hmmm. Looking more marginal again for us on that weatherview forecast, but nothing certain yet.