Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

Very fine cold rain / sleet mix out here in Winterbourne. Hope that might turn to snow if it gets heavier.

Posted

heavier now - ice pellets lol.

Fatter flakes in with sleet now - it might turn - just!

definite wet snow! :rolleyes:

Posted

You must be right on the western edge. I suppose I'm a couple of miles east of you??

Nice proper snow now but looks too wet out there to stick. Still.. makes the radar watch worthwhile to get even a small payoff :)

As I typed that it stopped lol. Oh well off to bed!

Posted

Yes - Two big lumps coming out of NW France. Just had heavy hail here - given a new bit of whiteness to the ground. I'd wouldn't be surprised if that stuff later was just rain though. We'll see in the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

Yeah just had rain in north devon. Alot of snow still laying in the gardens though.

So going by bbc there could be a another snowfall in north devon tonight. Would love to get up to exmoor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

some rain here this morning still icy though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

We had a couple of inches overnight, which made the trip into work interesting.

Posted

Morning All,

no more snow for us in Bridgend overnight, looks like it may have rained a little.

Interesting day coming up tomorrow when this Northerly comes down and hits us. Will it or won't it snow is the question.

What are people's opinions on the prospect of another snow day tomorrow?

Posted

local weather forecast this morning shows Bristol well within the snow zone for tonight. 5-10cms they are saying into tomorrow.

Posted

Raining down here in Plymouth... The air is just not quite cold enough down here for anything exciting, I just know that Thurs night is gonna be the same with further North getting an absolute hammering, unless someone can tell me this Easterly is gonna get colder???

Posted
local weather forecast this morning shows Bristol well within the snow zone for tonight. 5-10cms they are saying into tomorrow.

Not convinced. I think the milder air is going to catch up pretty quick thru' the night. Mixture of rain, sleet and snow me thinks!

Just looked at the meto radar and that precipitation is already showing up in south west. Ahead of schedule? Any thoughts?

The temps were always predicted to be marginal.

BTL's best situs like this, in winters past, have been where day temps have been at freezing point from a couple of days of biting easterlies and whereas it hasn't been exactly mild the last few days, it has not been a 'classic old school' event, as i've just described.

Edit: Fax chart at 36 hrs shows quite clearly 528 dam line thru' mid-Wales. Sorry don't know how to attach from NW chart viewer!! (plus i'm in work so can't post all day :) )

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I think this one will go down to the wire.

It's a case of waiting now and seeing what falls from the sky later.

Posted
Not convinced. I think the milder air is going to catch up pretty quick thru' the night. Mixture of rain, sleet and snow me thinks!

Just looked at the meto radar and that precipitation is already showing up in south west. Ahead of schedule? Any thoughts?

The temps were always predicted to be marginal.

BTL's best situs like this, in winters past, have been where day temps have been at freezing point from a couple of days of biting easterlies and whereas it hasn't been exactly mild the last few days, it has not been a 'classic old school' event, as i've just described.

Edit: Fax chart at 36 hrs shows quite clearly 528 dam line thru' mid-Wales. Sorry don't know how to attach from NW chart viewer!! (plus i'm in work so can't post all day :) )

Morning.

Going by the posts of the model thread, plenty of rain for us around the Bristol area. The snow seems to have gone north.

Posted
Morning.

Going by the posts of the model thread, plenty of rain for us around the Bristol area. The snow seems to have gone north.

3 inches of snow just to east of BTL last night, early hours. Chippenham, Bath etc got 'hit' in early hours. (one of our bosses just arrived) Seems like East side of BTL just missed it! Must have been that snow over salisbury plain that came up!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Very interesteing 5 day (and 24hr forcast) for Bristol................

Meto still have their warning out for Bristol...............

Could it all end in tears................

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
3 inches of snow just to east of BTL last night, early hours. Chippenham, Bath etc got 'hit' in early hours. (one of our bosses just arrived) Seems like East side of BTL just missed it! Must have been that snow over salisbury plain that came up!

Yeah we got it in Stroud, although at lower levels it was a non-event really