Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted
Its a sign the temps are falling, the problem for your area though is that the temps higher up in the atmosphere will be a bit too high for snow to fall, you may find you get sleet, but whenever we have situations like this it is difficult to predict.

Yeah, sometimes it snows in petersfield which is in the south downs and not in portsmouth. So its can be very hard to predict like you said.

im not getting my hopes then :D

Posted

I think with all these random reports of snow from places that didnt have it forecast. Just goes to show how much of a nowcast situation this is.

I am now hitting the sack hoping to wake up to a covering. But I dont hold any hope for this part of Essex. It's just not happening this winter, which is quite incredible really.

Posted

Ok guys what chances has surrey got for seeing snow tonight? very ice"y here at the moment with cloud cover. Chances look bad? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun
hi guys - i have been SULKING since the snow event missed us in comparison to everyone else. can someonw - MW maybe - enlighten me as to what the current state of forecasts are. I dont know why I bother getting my hopes up tbh, but I just cant help it. I want six foot of snow - thats all :D

please can someone tell me if se kent is ever going to get anything substantial out of all these 'significant' events. I can't bring myself to watch the news anymore :)

yeah i know what u mean but we did even worse we had a dusting but soon went we ended up comming over your neck of the woods to make a snow man!!!

Posted
Yeah, sometimes it snows in petersfield which is in the south downs and not in portsmouth. So its can be very hard to predict like you said.

im not getting my hopes then :D

I expect from Alton northwards it may be more likely to be snow falling overnight, your best chance will be for snow on the back edge of the front as it clears away tomorrow - maybe after about 3pm tomorrow you will see some.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It's raining :D

Posted
The lower it is (ie below freezing) the better chance of snow in simple terms.

If your dewpoint is above freezing its likely to be sleet or rain.

thanks for clearing that up

Posted

This goes to show how wrong BBC have got it so far. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/24hr.shtml?id=3524

Note the temp was forecast to be around 4/5c at 9pm this evening, with a Southerly wind.

It is actually just below 1c with a Northerly wind at the moment. A big difference.....

I think the front is making slower progress than they thought and this could bode well for us in the extreme SE, if the precip actually makes it here now!!

Could it even pivot further south and give us snow on the northern flank? Hmmmmm....

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
I expect from Alton northwards it may be more likely to be snow falling overnight, your best chance will be for snow on the back edge of the front as it clears away tomorrow - maybe after about 3pm tomorrow you will see some.

Okay that seems resonable :)

still, would of like a good covering overnight.

Aparently monday is shaping up well?

if not Pompey has had its fair share for this year :):D

Posted
Oh dear, oh dear, :) oh dear,poor John Hammond :) ,[WARNING] swearing.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8d1_1233832009

Haha, reminds me of the time my team leader at work said 'incest' instead of 'interests' :D

On a more on topic note... looks like it's stalling over the SW, some places will be in for a great dumping!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

In terms of snowfall thus far this is probably the worst year for snow on the ground for sometime ( north east , east kent ). I had more snow on the ground last year and the year before that we had deep snow in april

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

It's all happening in the southwest guys..............................

"BREAKING NEWS: More than 100 motorists trapped on the A38 in blizzards near Exeter." ~ From Richard (WIB).

Foggy and freezing here atm..........with DP's below freezing. Just need some precipitation now! :(

Seasons

Posted
probably - hasn't your gritter friend said anything? :(

Yea he said earlier but tbh looking at the beeb forcasts im not so sure but just checked the meto warnings i am well inline with the be prepared area. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Evening, just in from work and its cold out there tonight, puddle that had formed from rain earlier in our company car park was frozen, temp here in Bas is: 0.9C and dewpoint is -0.2C.

Posted

Tbh it isn't looking great for those of us in the SE now. It looks like the low is slightly further north and making slower progress eastwards than expected. This is allowing milder air to feed into the SE quadrant, as is evident by the temperature increase in the last hour or two.