Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Evenin all,

According to meridian and south today the south will be hit badly again 2moz!! This includes the IOW but I cant c it myself!! We did get some mon and tues but ive a feelin thats our lot!!

Does anyone know what the charts/radars are showing 4 us??

Many thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
we in thanet are 6c with a dewpoit of +6 !!
Unfortunately the BBC are now showing this band of snow further North, cerainly North of the Thames looks ok, but fizzling out to sleet as it moves SE in the afternoon. :wallbash:

Also temps are way too high SE of London, dew points are marginal, upper air way too high as well at only -1/2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I'm confused....

Just been to http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/ and seen a facility I've not seen before where you can plug in your area and see the projected radar picture for the next four days.... Herts doesn't look like getting any snow apart from a brief spell around 9am tomorrow. Sunday into monday looks much better....

Posted
i recomend you maybe go to the Chilterns, they are probably the highest point in herts/beds and maybe parts of bucks and get some decent snow!!

We are quite high so that will help.

I see you were thinking about going back to Surrey, i think you should stay here.

I've decided to stay put as it does look much more risky over there.

10cm's would be nice tomorrow, maybe we can get it to stall over us for longer and try and double that! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia
  • Location: lootons, bedfordshires, somewheres in SE Englands & E Anglia

LOOKS OUTS!!! SNOW IS ON WAYS AND WE IS ENTERINGS ICE AGES AND 20CM IS FORECAST FOR RISK FOR LOOTONS TONIGHTS AND THE ME IS CANNOTS WAITS! FANTATSEEC WINTERS THIS YEARS AND THE ME IS HOPES WE IS STAYS STUCKS IN SNOWS FOREVERS!!!!!!

YIPSEEEEEEEE MORE SNOWS ON WAYS GET U'S SKI'S SLEDGES AND TOBACCONS OUTS!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY SNOWMAS!!!

Posted

Now, now, I know you're excited but no need to SHOUT quite so loud!!!!!

On the BBC 6pm news forecast, Luton was right bang in the middle of the large white blob....... looks like I may have another day off - ho hum!!!!

:wallbash:

Posted

Evening Everybody,

Just hoping Portsmouth Gets some snow, we had some on Mon and tues but i hope theres more to come!!!...?

anyone know?

Posted
I've decided to stay put as it does look much more risky over there.

10cm's would be nice tomorrow, maybe we can get it to stall over us for longer and try and double that! :wallbash:

Look at this--

http://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/41052...rdshire_roads_/

it's gonna be a nightmare if it turns out like it does, even herts highways are saying the worst is to come tomorrow with low salt stocks, they probably won't grit any road in St Albans. lol!!

Posted
LOOKS OUTS!!! SNOW IS ON WAYS AND WE IS ENTERINGS ICE AGES AND 20CM IS FORECAST FOR RISK FOR LOOTONS TONIGHTS AND THE ME IS CANNOTS WAITS! FANTATSEEC WINTERS THIS YEARS AND THE ME IS HOPES WE IS STAYS STUCKS IN SNOWS FOREVERS!!!!!!

YIPSEEEEEEEE MORE SNOWS ON WAYS GET U'S SKI'S SLEDGES AND TOBACCONS OUTS!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY SNOWMAS!!!

ouch im now deaf! :wallbash::clap:

Posted
Now, now, I know you're excited but no need to SHOUT quite so loud!!!!!

On the BBC 6pm news forecast, Luton was right bang in the middle of the large white blob....... looks like I may have another day off - ho hum!!!!

Was North west london in the white blob?

Posted
Look at this--

http://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/41052...rdshire_roads_/

it's gonna be a nightmare if it turns out like it does, even herts highways are saying the worst is to come tomorrow with low salt stocks, they probably won't grit any road in St Albans. lol!!

Yikes, we're just up the road from St Albans....!! Going to be the same here then!!!! Looking forward to a call at 6am asking me to update our school website again!!!!!

Posted

Oh we're back :blush:

Kaddy said that no-one really knows whats going to happen tomorrow, despite the graphics saying rain for some, she said anyone could potentially see sleet or snow.

ITV have just plain snow symbols out, with not a hint of sleet - good news? :drunk:

Temp slowly falling 4.9C, Dew 3.8C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Oh we're back :blush:

Kaddy said that no-one really knows whats going to happen tomorrow, despite the graphics saying rain for some, she said anyone could potentially see sleet or snow.

ITV have just plain snow symbols out, with not a hint of sleet - good news? :drunk:

Temp slowly falling 4.9C, Dew 3.8C

its itv. wouldnt rely on it too much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
A couple more pics of todays snow.

post-1766-1233861331_thumb.jpg

post-1766-1233861355_thumb.jpg

We had snow very much like this in Brighton on Monday, maybe not so deep though!!! I just want jump in these pics :blush:

I am hoping that we get something tonight but I reckon its a no no...!!!!

Posted

were back agen...

bbc london local forcast did not look good at all from where I am, the graphics had me down for rain, I think its just a case of wait and see as itv have me down for snow(which did not goto adverts when the weather was on) :drunk: ...dont think anyone knows where it will fall as rain/sleet or snow at the moment..,,

temp now falling to 2.5c looking a bit more better :blush:

Posted

Yep this going to be a nowcast situation - as if we didn't already know that. Still, some of the best snowfalls in history have come from marginal events. Not to say that this event will, in any way, be historic, but something to bear in mind nonetheless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Kaddy has to one of the hottest weather girls on TV, we moved from Hastings to Cambridgshire last year and we miss her on TV - she is also quite clued up when it comes to explaining things!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW
Evening Everybody,

Just hoping Portsmouth Gets some snow, we had some on Mon and tues but i hope theres more to come!!!...?

anyone know?

:blush:

Hi,

According to meridian weather we r!!! also south 2day r predicting snow!!

Im not sure i think it will probably fall as rain on th IOW, U may be ok tho!!

Fingers crossed 4 us both :drunk:

Posted
Lets face it herts highways take two years to mend a pothole so their gritting operation is not exactly spot on

Lol very true. :blush:

Even the AA in a press release said St Albans was dreadful with the main road being gridlocked and dangerous due to snow this morning.