Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted

Alright lads!

Seems like i havent been seeing some of you in the last week due to the separate threads.

This is turning into an epic event.

Got my first lying fall today, mos appreciable fall since 2001.

Posted
Hi again.

Tbh i think we will see snow in the morning and then in the afternoon we could well have similar depths to Mondays event.

Local BBC radio going for 5-10cm in the morning about 4 inches!!

By the way i like the pic on your profile. :wacko:

Thanks mate. I'm going to upload a few I took on Monday in a bit.

Do hope that we'll get that again here tomorrow! I'm still going to just wait and see, but I think we're not in a bad location for it.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
will it not just fizzle out though, or has it got energy through the whole period ?

It will tend to fizzle out tomorrow evening but I don't think that will prevent the majority seeing something out of this. A lot of nowcasting will reveal all over the next 24 to 30 hours :wacko: .

Posted

I think its a look out the window situation again

No snow down here today during daylight hours but was a bit wintrier last night than expected and the snow pack wasnt reduced as much as I thought it may be by the rain and sleet, and was a little snow too, with the day temp only about 2-3 degrees when it was estimated to be 5 or 6. On the recent forecasts we are about on the boundary for it starting as snow, I think though judging by recent events and the potential over estimating of temps in some areas by the beeb for today, I would think that Kent it will start as Rain, maybe east surrey sleety to begin with, but as the band sinks slowly southwards many people should see snow west of east kent at least falling

Am hoping that there will not be too much rain first, as I dont want the snowpack we still have here to be eroded, if it stays any snow which falls should settle more readily. Should be interesting...as it is think the forecasts are subject to change, suspect it will be modelled a bit further south in the event, London may well be in the firing line

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)
The new fax chart for tomorrow indicates that those of us in the SE corner might well get our turn as the day goes on, right on well into late tomorrow evening and night. The front is just off the SE coast by midnight! There could be a very slow moving SE'ward band of ppn which increasingly turns to snow as the day goes along and crawls its way across us. There could lots of snow in places I think as this is so slow moving - and everywhere could be in the action I think later tomorrow :D .

I love this optimism :wacko:

Sarah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Lol i live west of central London but my school is east of central london!

Depends how far East, though if North of the Thames mainly snow I'd say. :wacko:

Posted
Alright lads!

Seems like i havent been seeing some of you in the last week due to the separate threads.

This is turning into an epic event.

Got my first lying fall today, mos appreciable fall since 2001.

Hi, MM glad to see you have got some of the white stuff!

you wouldnt want to be here in the barren waste land of Thanet :wacko:

still waiting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

the latest n24 forecast shows the snow a little more patchy around the south east/london. also showed the boundary between snow/rain a little further north. looks like a knife edge for here

Posted

Looks like it could be a repeat for me tomorrow morning according to the BBC East lunchtime forecast

Current temp 0.8c and falling

A long weekend would be most pleasant

Posted

hey guys been at work all day so not kept up with the latest have tried catching up on the thread.

is there still a chance of any snow for Essex in the next few days??

Braintree still have plenty of ice and snow despite the rain

Posted
we in thanet are 6c with a dewpoit of +6 !!

i dont know why you're surprised at this ,or your lack of snow - you're by the sea which has a moderating influence. Its less than 1 deg C here in inner London.

Edited by jimmyay

Posted
we in thanet are 6c with a dewpoit of +6 !!

Not much of chance of snow then :D

but there is a upside it means i wont be called out, me and my brother are members of

The Isle of Thanet mountain rescue team :D

Posted

just watching the bbc news weather, looks like it could be snow, then turning to rain, anywhere north of essex north london looking good in the morning :D

Posted
Thanks mate. I'm going to upload a few I took on Monday in a bit.

Do hope that we'll get that again here tomorrow! I'm still going to just wait and see, but I think we're not in a bad location for it.

i recomend you maybe go to the Chilterns, they are probably the highest point in herts/beds and maybe parts of bucks and get some decent snow!!

We are quite high so that will help.

I see you were thinking about going back to Surrey, i think you should stay here.

Posted
Not much of chance of snow then :D

but there is a upside it means i wont be called out, me and my brother are members of

The Isle of Thanet mountain rescue team :D

Hope you havent got a sledge and a team of husky dogs, otherwise youll be selling them on ebay as unused items for this winter :D

Posted
temp dropped to 2 deg with dp 1 - getting there slowly

bbc not giving much detail for far south east so looks like they are unsure! wahts the betting we all end up with a covering again tommorrow in the south east!

Posted
just watching the bbc news weather, looks like it could be snow, then turning to rain, anywhere north of essex north london looking good in the morning :D

mentioned it turning sleety as it clears...not sure about that, there is colder air coming in behind the system

as it is, think most of us west of kent should see something :D

Posted
bbc not giving much detail for far south east so looks like they are unsure! wahts the betting we all end up with a covering again tommorrow in the south east!

Very slim where i am :wallbash:

local news are going for sleet and snow tomorrow and again on sunday!

that means it will rain.