Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch Thread For London, Ea & Se England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Im alot more optimistic now, the higher temps worried me...but they are plummetting here still a barmy 7oC in South Essex tho but they should keep coming down. As long as the ppn hits our region Im confident it will readily turn to snow...further west starting as snow too. Some places have the potential to be walloped...upto 10inches in the bets places, but snow for many if these temps continue in the same trend for early tomorrow into afternoon

Posted
I know I shouldn't say this but quite frankly I've had enough!!! :nonono: I can cope with the 'deep and crisp and even' stuff, but this sludgy mush is terrible stuff...

Roll on tomorrow when we can get out to repair the snowman!!!

Snorbens definitely seems to be the place for snow at the mo....we seem to be getting everything going! :rofl:

Herts highways are terrible with them being on their last reserves of grit!!

Do you think we will get much snow tonight?

Posted
hey i have had a thought! When everybody is shivering and wondering where the heatwave has gone we in the SE will be on a winning streak. We are lucky that we live in such a warm place in the country. See Glass half full not empty am looking on the bright side here or trying to.

Yes there is an upside to living in the south east of england, but we just dont want it now!! :nonono::rofl:

Posted
Im alot more optimistic now, the higher temps worried me...but they are plummetting here still a barmy 7oC in South Essex tho but they should keep coming down. As long as the ppn hits our region Im confident it will readily turn to snow...further west starting as snow too. Some places have the potential to be walloped...upto 10inches in the bets places, but snow for many if these temps continue in the same trend for early tomorrow into afternoon

Hope so mate. but the way things have gone so far I'd have to bet against any snow for this part of Essex. Go 10 miles down the road and I bet it's a different story. The story of winter so far unfortunately...

Posted
Yes there is an upside to living in the south east of england, but we just dont want it now!! :nonono::rofl:

Is this the South East that had a foot of snow at the start of the week? Get a grip!

Edited by Jason H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Here at midday today temps were around 4C and snow cover although worn was largely intact despite the rain. By 2.30pm temps had risen to 7C and a rapid thaw was taking place with a lot of melt off the fields. The outlook has transformed from mainly white with green patches to mainly green with a few white patches in just a couple of hours or so!

Strange because this more rapid melt has only just started here, though it would be getting colder by now, but in fact my snow is going slushier and is melting! :nonono:

Barely 1-2 inches now left and more bare patches showing up.

Posted

was very surprised to wake up to a few inches of snow this morning here in NW Norfolk.

gfs snow risk yesterday gave us a 22% chance of snow today and we got it!

very foggy now, just hoping the temps drop below freezing to conserve the snow we have left.

currently 1-2 degrees.

as gfs gives us a 70% chance of snow tommorow i expect to see nothing

what realistic chance do we have here for snow?? got a feeling we're going to be well north of this system that might possibly affect us tommorow.

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :nonono:

Posted
Do you think we will get much snow tonight?

Looking at the BBC it looks as if we'll get a fair amount...I have to say, each time there has been a snow event close, we do seem to get something (is it to do with the proximity of the Chilterns? I don't know), so I'm quietly optimistic!

Posted
Looking at the BBC it looks as if we'll get a fair amount...I have to say, each time there has been a snow event close, we do seem to get something (is it to do with the proximity of the Chilterns? I don't know), so I'm quietly optimistic!

We are quite higher than most area around i think.

Posted
Is this the South East that had a foot of snow at the start of the week? Get a grip!

Just because the bbc hyped it up, no we DIDNT. Surrey yes, London yes- BUT NOT ALL THE SOUTHEAST got a foot. I got 2cm from Mondays event, as did alot of East Kent etc!

I keep seeing endless posts saying we had our lot, not to moan, but no we havent. I saw heavier better snowfall every year for the last 4 years

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Some parts have done well.

Others such as the Essex/Suffolk coasts, have had pretty much naff all in the way of lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Currently the precip that is forecast for you seems further West than thought and is still going in a more North direction than North Easterly meaning its brought places like us back in the game for the time being imo. :nonono:

Posted

Its all very well for you up ther near London BUT us down in south east kent only had 2cms thank you very much, I am trying to get a grip ON SOME OF THE HEAVY SNOW THAT IS CONSTANTLY MISSING ME!!!!!! :rolleyes::nonono:

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
Currently the precip that is forecast for you seems further West than thought and is still going in a more North direction than North Easterly meaning its brought places like us back in the game for the time being imo. :nonono:

Whats this, evryone not in the SE of england or EA popping in to moan about our lovely snow? The area you can see off the cornish coast will move in a NE / NNE direction once the front starts to unwind from the main low centre. It ain't going to make a be line for for the NW midlands im affraid. Same senario as last nights evolution only this time more areas further south and around london possible seeing snow due to colder temps. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

So are you guys in the South East expecting snow tonight and tomorrow morning? GFS says forget it, BBC says be alert, which one will be correct?

In Harry Hill fashion... THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT... FIIIIIIIIGGHHHTT :rolleyes:

For what it's worth my prediction is it will start off as snow in Berkshire, Oxford, Bristol etc... Possibly North London and parts like Aylesbury. Then rain for South London and Kent and East Anglia near the coasts like Ipswich, Colchester etc... As the day wears on though and the precip moves back South East in the evening that is when I think it will turn to moderate/heavy snow for the South East and East Anglia. Not too sure about it settling though as a few hours of rain in the far South and East may make the ground soaked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Whats this, evryone not in the SE of england or EA popping in to moan about our lovely snow? The area you can see off the cornish coast will move in a NE / NNE direction once the front starts to unwind from the main low centre. It ain't going to make a be line for for the NW midlands im affraid. Same senario as last nights evolution only this time more areas further south and around london possible seeing snow due to colder temps. :rolleyes:

Lol, we get it all the time though and to make things better im not really in the NW Midlands... :D : :nonono:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Not sure that is called for :rolleyes: . As stated there are some who haven't seen much snow at all since Sunday. Even regionally this spell has proved very hit and miss, so I suggest you should take that into account. Your area was fortunate enough to see huge amounts of snow, I saw a reasonable share as well although nothing like the enormous quantities around London, The Thames and parts of Surrey. However the one's in question to whom you are 'addressing' have been much less fortunate than either you or I.

So lets wish them well too, eh?

Posted

I agree with you Andy, altho temps here are lower than expected already, so who knows? Heavy snow will lay on wet ground regardless if it is heavy enough...so laying snow shouldnt be a problem! Deffo going with sleet/rain to start like yourself however, but signs are encouragin.

Posted

Some parts of the south east have had hardly any snow, and are still forcast not to have any!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)
So are you guys in the South East expecting snow tonight and tomorrow morning? GFS says forget it, BBC says be alert, which one will be correct?

In Harry Hill fashion... THERES ONLY ONE WAY TO FIND OUT... FIIIIIIIIGGHHHTT :rolleyes:

For what it's worth my prediction is it will start off as snow in Berkshire, Oxford, Bristol etc... Possibly North London and parts like Aylesbury. Then rain for South London and Kent and East Anglia near the coasts like Ipswich, Colchester etc... As the day wears on though and the precip moves back South East in the evening that is when I think it will turn to moderate/heavy snow for the South East and East Anglia. Not too sure about it settling though as a few hours of rain in the far South and East may make the ground soaked.

That seems to be a decent prediction. I am hoping that the cold will spread slightly further south, just so Central London is sure to get another pasting!

Posted
Not sure that is called for :rolleyes: . As stated there are some who haven't seen much snow at all since Sunday. Even regionally this spell has proved very hit and miss, so I suggest you should take that into account. Your area was fortunate enough to see huge amounts of snow, I saw a reasonable share as well although nothing like the enormous quantities around London, The Thames and parts of Surrey. However the one's in question to whom you are 'addressing' have been much less fortunate than either you or I.

So lets wish them well too, eh?

Thank you very much for your support NSSC, Heres hoping!!

:nonono:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Some parts of the south east have had hardly any snow, and are still forcast not to have any!

Hopefully your luck will change :nonono:

I think there are too many specific predictions and detail being given for a set up that is basically knife edge and a loose cannon. I would just stick to what I said earlier, that anywhere could see snow by the time all this ppn has cleared away late Friday, early Sat. But as the Met Office are uncertain, of 'who, what time and where' so I doubt any of us are qualified to know any better!

I would ignore some of the speculative predictions being made, not get disheartened and take things as they evolve. Relative to this situation there is an awful long way to go yet :D .

Thank you very much for your support NSSC, Heres hoping!!

:rolleyes:

Your welcome :)