Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
I'm finding it difficult to believe I'm down in the tropical area of south Devon at the moment- it's snowing and settling again in Exeter!

Hi TWS. Bet you're glad you not back up here in Norwich.... we have been so unlucky! Nothing on the ground at all. Had 3 cms on Monday - which was washed away Monday night and 1cm this morning which melted by 11. I have already givenup on getting anythig tonight. Do you think we may be better placed up here next week? Cheers....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
clint mate have you snow.your not far from me

Yup very light and it's started in the last 2 minutes

Posted

Just had a look at Meteox radar and i reckon the really heavy stuff is going to pivot east N.E. as it hits N.E. Bristol. :D

Posted
Thanks Steve. What an amazing spell of weather we're having. Snow 4 days in a row here, and now it's pelting down with snow again. It's been many many years since the south-west saw anything like this.

omg i cant believe your getting snow when all ive got ls drizzle not even proper rain :D .. What is going on??????? apart from the obvious :D . have a look at ex32 it is meant to be snowing :D .. HI by the way sorry forgot that bit ..

lol kaz x

Posted

Happy days here in North Wales, we've had nearly 10 hours of light snow, absolutely no thaw!

Took a trek up to the hills around me, there were drifts of snow with depths of well around 4-5ft.

I will be going back up there tomorrow, I will take some photos :D

Hoping for a little from this front, doubt it will reach this far north however, good luck tonight people!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

If the direction of the ppn keeps like it is then the spinning low looks like it will keep throwing us line after line of heavy ppn.

I wonder how this ppn will move. Looks like its heading more N wards than NE or NW at the mo.

This is going to be interesting and quite stressful to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry
All melted here.

i know but north of the M4 its still hanging around.

Posted

we had a party on here in the early :D hrs.now another one

I MUST CALM DOWN.........in all of my yrs 42.of them...I cant remember snow after snow after snow in 5 days

Posted
On a different note....who was it who broke Net Weather server....come on own up, you know who you are.... :D

Nick i work in ilminster, is it in for the night

Posted
we had a party on here in the early :D hrs.now another one

I MUST CALM DOWN.........in all of my yrs 42.of them...I cant remember snow after snow after snow in 5 days

LOL its funny, Look at us all. ( Most of us Grown men / women ) acting like kids . Tehehehehehhehehe Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa /me jumps about

Posted

just started here in redwick on the coast of severn estury between severn bridge and bewport quite fine wetish at the moment.

Posted

Yeah I agree, its just starting to snow in Stroud where I am. Temp. +0.9 but expect this to start falling now the snow has arrived.

Looks like another day off school tomorrow if that radar can continue nudging northwards!

Posted

Looking at the Meteox radar this will hit Swansea and I think ill get a nice covering from it. It seems to playing in our favour at the moment.

Posted
omg i cant believe your getting snow when all ive got ls drizzle not even proper rain :) .. What is going on??????? apart from the obvious :lol: . have a look at ex32 it is meant to be snowing :) .. HI by the way sorry forgot that bit .. lol kaz x

Well Kaz it shows rain here and we have snow so I'd totally ignore the precip type tonight as it's struggling.

The heaviest by far seems to be heading across Somerset and Devon moving Northwards, unless the radar movement deceives my eyes.

Is that frontal activity going to be dragged Eastwards overnight to bring the heaviest across East Somerset into Wiltshire/Bristol/Bath/South Gloucs area?

Posted
LOL its funny, Look at us all. ( Most of us Grown men / women ) acting like kids . Tehehehehehhehehe Yeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaa /me jumps about

lol...i dont care...i have an addiction its called the weather :) ....

temp here 2.0...slightly higher than last night

Posted
Nick i work in ilminster, is it in for the night

Its about 1" -2" and still going....if it keeps up then we are gonna be cut off..LOL...about the same we woke up to on Tuesday morning and we have had that in an hour and a half.!

So I suppose it depends on if the temps stay low and it does'nt melt..

How is it in Yeovil?

Posted

very heavy snow in Bridgwater now and everything has gone white in the last 15 minutes - temp holding at 0.7!

Much better than last night and if it continues like this then we'll be digging out in the morning! :)

Posted
Well Kaz it shows rain here and we have snow so I'd totally ignore the precip type tonight as it's struggling.

The heaviest by far seems to be heading across Somerset and Devon moving Northwards, unless the radar movement deceives my eyes.

Is that frontal activity going to be dragged Eastwards overnight to bring the heaviest across East Somerset into Wiltshire/Bristol/Bath/South Gloucs area?

I think once it meets with the air coming down from the north this will cause the system to stall again and start to shift eastwards.

Posted
no mate.......its down the road in south glos

With any luck then we should here the first reports coming in from stroud soon?