Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Yeah I backed you all the way mate. Could be a good call. We will see. :blush:

Not nailed on yet, but everything looking good-so far...

Current temp -0.1 degrees. 850s -6. Pembrey dew point (nearest to here) 0 degrees.

It will snow. Won't it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

If Meteox is to be believed (same one as Daisy refers to), the mix of north /south airstreams wll occur roughly inline with the bristol channel.

woody

Posted

This is so virtually identical to last night it's silly :lol: !

Temperature, under 100% cloud cover, has fallen to 0.7c before 19.25 and this after a slow drop over the previous 3/4 hours. Precipitation is edging up from the S/SW and as last night I fully expect a further slow drop in temperature followed by a faster drop once the precipitation (snow) arrives at around 22.00 - maybe nearer to midnight though this time.

Posted

Nothing here in Dorset yet but im radar and lampost watching and ready to report :lol:

This may go a little more west and north but not much than reported, not as far as wales anyway. As soon as it hit that cold air its going east.

Posted

do you have anything there...snow/rain/sleet

[/quot It is now unfortunately raining, I guess that is it then. :lol: :lol: :( :lol:

Posted

I reckon for Paul to post that he must be confident

yet another postponement of the double glazing :lol:

Rodney

plenty of time Jazzy

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I am in the process of 'Teach myself how to read weather radars and forecast the weather' I am not doing very well, but I try. It's amazing how much I have learnt since I joined here. My daughter is also addicted, one of us has been on here all day.

Thanks to all :lol:

I still can't work out if light blue means light snow/sleet and the darker it is the more likelihood there is of snow.

Posted

Got to say, watching this develop is ace. Especially as it seems almost anything could happen. Somebody's in for a dump. I'd love some more snow, but I've always felt the will it/won't it is half the fun! Even better with the NetWeather radar- £3.50 for the month- bargain.

Edited by benb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

just started raining slightly at the moment.Hopefully it might change to snow later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If that front moves in its current direction and speed that snow will be in mid somerset in less than 20 mins. richard seemed to think it would just clip south until early hours??

I may have to change avatar if we get a pasting again. lol :lol:

Posted

Very similar to last night here in Bridgwater - temperature this time last night was 2.2, its now 1.8 but dry.

I never expected to be sat here this evening contemplating another snowfall, but it just proves how quickly things are changing at the moment!

Very exciting and more to come in the next week or so I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

If that front moves in its current direction and speed that snow will be in mid somerset in less than 20 mins. richard seemed to think it would just clip south until early hours??

This is so virtually identical to last night it's silly :lol: !

Temperature, under 100% cloud cover, has fallen to 0.7c before 19.25 and this after a slow drop over the previous 3/4 hours. Precipitation is edging up from the S/SW and as last night I fully expect a further slow drop in temperature followed by a faster drop once the precipitation (snow) arrives at around 22.00 - maybe nearer to midnight though this time.

You should have seen it last night lol. Started at 10:30 and carried on for around 5:30 hours, moderate snow all the way, how about you?

Isn't the ppn supposed to be moving further east, or is that later on when it hits the northerly flow?

hoping it isn't a let down, i'm getting greedy now :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

I think this is changing quickly as he said himself the graphic wasn't right.

Posted
it does, but i expect it to change and miss us
Still think the track of the weather front hiting south wales.

Posted
also heavy sleet in wincanton, trying its best to turn to snow! temp 0.7c

Does anyone have dew points in the areas receiving sleet? Only ones i can see on XC weather are around 2c, which shows that the dew point barrier for snow will be a marginally higher tonight, im guessing largely thanks to the favourable 850-1000hPa thickness levels. The other thing this will mean is that the flakes falling in quite a lot of areas are likely to be rather large tonight which could lead to some swift accumulations

Keep watching temps too to see what effect downdrafts play tonight

SK

EDIT: Would expect some flash Met Office warnings shortly as that precip will hit south-western areas long before the warning currently out across Glos, Wilts and Swindon for 0200 to 1500 tomorrow

Edited by snowking