Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

The Net Weather radar is already showing some of that precipitation to be sleet on its northern edge! And I'm not seeing much eastwards movement- looks due north to me!

Posted
Hopefully plow on into Wales :D:clap: That would be my dream.

Mine too! I think it will bear east at the last moment and miss us. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice
Any see the BBC news forecast then?

"2-5cm quite widespread, which is about 4 inches"

:clap:

Sorry to be pedantic but 5cm is just under 2 inches

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
Is that ppn actually going to start moving east, or is it going to plow on into wales :clap: and miss most of the south completely?

As soon as the front coming down from the north hits it it will start to push it east. The point that they meet should hopefully be right across the SW.

Posted
The Net Weather radar is already showing some of that precipitation to be sleet on its northern edge! And I'm not seeing much eastwards movement- looks due north to me!

Still a long way to go yet folks, it will move eastwards and then south-eastwards overnight, but how far north it gets before that occurs is still up for decision....at the moment id still say it will scrape southern warwickshire and worcestershire at its furtherst north, perhaps also into the southern tip of wales......wouldnt be suprised perhaps if glamirgan and monmouth got a visible covering

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

ummm. very fine here now. Hope it doesnt turn to drizzle now :-(

woody

Posted
Any see the BBC news forecast then?

"2-5cm quite widespread, which is about 4 inches"

:D

Yes I saw that too! also apparently Exeter which had snow falling over it is in Dorset.. :clap:

I would like the temp and dew point to drop a bit more here... slowly falling away though

Temp: 2.5c

Dew: 1.0c

Posted
As soon as the front coming down from the north hits it it will start to push it east. The point that they meet should hopefully be right across the SW.

Not sure there is a front coming down from the north.

The South West Wales snow front of today is moving very slowly north west. I know it's against 'the forecast', but ATM I really do see this heading much further west than progged. Obviously the precipitation will develop/spread further east than it currently is, but I see no reason why this won't follow a similar path to today's snow!

I'm happy to be proved wrong. Just thought i'd get down from the fence!

PS Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit lampost watching...

Edited by benb

And then BAM more snow!

This really is quite amazing!

Posted

I have found something I don't like about snow (!). The ignorant, stupid little boys who thinks its funny to throw snowballs at me (they don't even know me) and at the buses. If I was driving the bus I would honk the horn and scare the bejesus out of them. But honestly I think I am all snowed out! The virgin snow is still holding up quite well, only a slight melt. Really though more snow into friday and saturday is a bit much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Lamppost watching is like "insert something your addicted to here "

Edited as im not a crackhead lol

Edited by Lynxus

Me and you both! Let's not jinx it though! THERE IS NO WAY THE PRECIPITATION IN THE CHANNEL WILL REACH WEST WALES AND GIVE A GOOD DUMPING. There, that should do it!

Indeed I can confirm that there is no way that massive area of snow is heaving into West Wales. :lol:

Or East Wales and any part of the region, that's everyone happy. :doh:

Heavy snow in the Centre of Swansea for most of the morning, which refused to settle at all, there was heavy snow here when i left this morning, and a light blanket of snow, this continued up here again for the morning, to give at least of couple of inches to all surfaces, but this has thawed a bit now.

It is amazing really by Sketty Hall there is not much Snow, but even in Tycoch Square , not that much up the road, there is quite a bit, certainly in the shade side on the road.

Now had 4 Met Office Snow days in a row, and another seems likely for the morning, even without any further snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Indeed I can confirm that there is no way that massive area of snow is heaving into West Wales. :lol:

Or East Wales and any part of the region, that's everyone happy. :doh:

Heavy snow in the Centre of Swansea for most of the morning, which refused to settle at all, there was heavy snow here when i left this morning, and a light blanket of snow, this continued up here again for the morning, to give at least of couple of inches to all surfaces, but this has thawed a bit now.

It is amazing really by Sketty Hall there is not much Snow, but even in Tycoch Square , not that much up the road, there is quite a bit, certainly in the shade side on the road.

Now had 4 Met Office Snow days in a row, and another seems likely for the morning, even without any further snow.

Oh god no! please DONT let that nasty snow head this way! I couldnt cope.

Posted
Not sure there is a front coming down from the north.

The South West Wales snow front of today is moving very slowly north west. I know it's against 'the forecast', but ATM I really do see this heading much further west than progged. Obviously the precipitation will develop/spread further east than it currently is, but I see no reason why this won't follow a similar path to today's snow!

I'm happy to be proved wrong. Just thought i'd get down from the fence!

PS Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit lampost watching...

Yeah I agree with what your saying looking at the latest radar. Wales does seem to be in the running at the moment.

We could both be wrong but I see where your coming from. :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
The models certainly had the main snow too far west for last night, but the NMM Did forecast some heavy snow over wales, so that wasn't too bad.

It was quite a suprise here today, plenty of fresh snow, even though the roads are clear now

I have found something I don't like about snow (!). The ignorant, stupid little boys who thinks its funny to throw snowballs at me (they don't even know me) and at the buses. If I was driving the bus I would honk the horn and scare the bejesus out of them. But honestly I think I am all snowed out! The virgin snow is still holding up quite well, only a slight melt. Really though more snow into friday and saturday is a bit much!

That's Bristol for you!

Some bloke was there for itv local news and some idiots were throwing snowballs at him when he was doing a live piece to camera. They should have pointed the camera at them and humiliated them by doing something live on air!

Posted

with a dew point of 2c and temps 3c there is no way in gods heaven this is going to fall as snow.. sleet at best.

NW radar is wrong the lump i had over me just a bit ago was showing as snow but was infact rain pure rain not sleet.. :doh:

kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
That's Bristol for you!

Some bloke was there for itv local news and some idiots were throwing snowballs at him when he was doing a live piece to camera. They should have pointed the camera at them and humiliated them by doing something live on air!

From very personal experience I can tell you that is exactly what they want ... to be on TV. Whilst it may seem funny on It'll Be Allright etc, it's really very annoying when you have very limited time to get that done and on air.

woody

Posted
The models certainly had the main snow too far west for last night, but the NMM Did forecast some heavy snow over wales, so that wasn't too bad.

There was a good covering AM in Pembrokeshire with many schools not opening and the rest shutting at lunchtime as the snow proceeded to become heavier and more wide spread. To my mind, this wasn't predicted, with the Flash Warning only being released at lunch time. Just goes to show what low 850s and a light wind off the sea can do for coastal areas. It was a similar story with the snow here on Tues morning.

Posted

Bristol is having all of that ppn as a streamer :doh: :lol:

Seriously, if you look at the wind chart that somebody posted a page or so back, it looks like the winds send it to the east as it makes landfall. However, still does look a bit more west than what the BBC are making out. It seems very slow moving also now.