Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Just back from actually doing some work, and read that! Nothing is going to beat Monday night but some more would be great.

Now, the BBC are usually my last resort for a forecast (well, after Sky and ITV) so I think I'll have to go and do some investigation for myself :lol:

look at the map on the bbc weather website (the new beta version) and cycle through till the early hours of friday morning!!!

Posted
Yeah. Saw the charts posted in the 'midlands and c.southern england thread'. So ignore my reply to Michael just now! Maybe we're going to get hit again; right in the firing line by the look of those precip charts :rofl:

Yep mate, snow mostly melted here now. Would be VERY nice for a new layer lol. :nonono:

Posted
Yep mate, snow mostly melted here now. Would be VERY nice for a new layer lol. :p

Hi yeah ours has all gone one day of fab snow then nothing bk to rain B) ... I have looked and looked but i cant see where us in the north of devon and cornwall are going to get anymore, to far south and east. And before i get shouted at again i was right last night :nonono: ... Oh so good to be right for a change, wish though that i was wrong could do with some more as its all gone :rofl::doh: ..

kaz xx

Posted

Had one of the best days of my life today, who needs sledges when you can use plastic sheets :nonono:

There were 7 of us on this massive sheet going down a steep hill, you did well if you can stay on it the whole way down. :rofl:

Dont wanna sound greedy but I hope we get some more this winter!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Had one of the best days of my life today, who needs sledges when you can use plastic sheets :nonono:

There were 7 of us on this massive sheet going down a steep hill, you did well if you can stay on it the whole way down. :rofl:

Dont wanna sound greedy but I hope we get some more this winter!!

Well you're not being greedy because don't forget we need last winter's snow too. :doh:

Posted

4-5 inches here at 70m asl last night, up to 7 inches where yesterdays snow still remained

Went up to cleeve hill, theyve had over a foot up there, and drifts of 4ft deep. I have a picture of a 3ft snowdrift with me in it which i shall upload shortly

Dogs as for tonight looking very borderline to me from bbc forecasts....altho the precip to the south is far further north at this stage than predicted by the BBC, but it could simply mean its just moving quicker

Very much a case of watching the radar, i think we may miss out with shelter from the cotswolds whilst wiltshire get hit hard

SK

Posted

we are in the warning zone for more snow,but I cant see how or why,,,,,Im too far North

Yes SK,The only thing in our favour is that its moved more North than expected

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Still snowing here, been allday. Its starting to ay again now. Thinly, but laying

woody

Posted
True that

I've just seen the met office, is there really much of a risk of more snow?

Its just going to be watching the updates and BBC i THINK..LOL....

UPDATE....NOT HERE.

BBC now

MET say different at 16.00

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Spells of mostly light snow and sleet much of the day, some moderate attempts too, tried hard to lie but never really succeeded with the temperature around +1c. Still have the existing covering going strong though. Been for a spin higher up (c.350masl) where the snow from today had put down 1-2cm, and there has not been any real thaw yet so its still around 5 inches up there - a winter wonderland! Thats snow lying for 3 days now.,

Posted

Is it me, or does that precipitation coming out of Brittany look a long way west? Is it this that's supposed to give tonight's snow to central southern England? If I didn't know better, I'd say that was going to affect areas further west than previously thought. Any thoughts?

Posted

UPDATE....NOT HERE.

BBC now

What happened in the update? My freeviews lost reception and the website stream is lagged massively in picture

SK

Posted

Does anyone think there might be an outside chance of S. Devon getting any snow here tonight. I have been watching radar and that huge mass would appear to be coming our way. As usual I suppose our temperature will be too high. It is currently 4.6. I am assuming that this is far too high for any precip to be snow. I will continue to dream!!

Posted
What happened in the update? My freeviews lost reception and the website stream is lagged massively in picture

SK

new up date really wasnt any different from earlier apart from 10 inches predicted..........Also we and Bristol scraping the edges of the system..........

new update from Met says a different set up with us also getting a dumping...

Also it does look as though its further West than predicted.can only be good

Posted

Met office has all of wales in orange (be prepared) for today and tomorrow!!!!! What's all this about then? massive upgrade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

UPDATE....NOT HERE.

BBC now

All we can hope for is the snow heads further NW that expected.

Posted
Is it me, or does that precipitation coming out of Brittany look a long way west? Is it this that's supposed to give tonight's snow to central southern England? If I didn't know better, I'd say that was going to affect areas further west than previously thought. Any thoughts?

Ben, I've been looking at Meteox for some time now and thinking the same thing mate. IF it takes the route suggested by them, I would guess it will indeed be the west again - and heavy. But then who am I? LOL

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Met office has all of wales in orange (be prepared) for today and tomorrow!!!!! What's all this about then? massive upgrade.

Ice though Powys could now be in for some snow as well as the West Midlands though it may not but much more possible now.

Posted

dont forgett Orange can also mean ICE..mate

Edited by dogs32

Posted

That Met update is for icy roads at the moment...

woody