Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Bristol extremely close to the snow - any slight variations and we could well recieve some of this.

Remember last night. On the edge at this time forecast yesterday, on Beeb, then the 10.35pm national forecast called it for Bristol.

Same again please!

The fact that it's already snowing in parts of western Cornwall, indicates this forecast is already going wrong as far as position of this next event is concerned. Parts of that precip in western Cornwall is actually edging north-westwards.

Looks like very heavy snow could be affecting parts of northwest Pembrokeshire at the moment.

Problems with the Fishguard ferry perhaps? Certainly wasn't forecast this far west into Wales!

FutureRadar, which I don't usually trust as far as movement is concerned, certainly has this band moving NNE.

Edited by Thundersquall

Posted
The fact that it's already snowing in parts of western Cornwall, indicates this forecast is already going wrong as far as position of this next event is concerned. Parts of that precip in western Cornwall is actually edging north-westwards.

Looks like very heavy snow could be affecting parts of northwest Pembrokeshire at the moment.

Problems with the Fishguard ferry perhaps? Certainly wasn't forecast this far west into Wales!

I made that call several hours ago and I've seen nothing to change my mind!

Posted
I made that call several hours ago and I've seen nothing to change my mind!

Yeah I backed you all the way mate. Could be a good call. We will see. :wallbash:

Posted
Re my post earlier, Michael, he was spot on last night. But yes, i do agree about Beeb normally. I still think this is a nowcast event...radar watch time plus reports from our NW members further south, just like last night.

3 things to look out for Dewpoint Radar Temps if you dont have NW radar and want to find out your DP go to the wind map and look at your local station ..

I can tell you though that if this does turn to snow it will be over the moors not at lower levels, im not sure why NW radar is showing snow when it is infact rain! hope this helps

kaz

Posted

yes I was just going to say there looks like a push for it to go more North,,,,Confused BBC seem confident of it going East....on THE LOOP it is making straight for Bristol...Well it looks that way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Re my post earlier, Michael, he was spot on last night. But yes, i do agree about Beeb normally. I still think this is a nowcast event...radar watch time plus reports from our NW members further south, just like last night.

Oh I see I didn't realise. Well as you say we just have to wait and see. It's already looking good with the precipitation as far west as Cornwall so we're in with a chance but let's not get too carried away.

Posted

2nd day this week with freezing fog snow and rime on trees, it`s like the good old days. :wallbash:

That hasn`t happened this decade as I can remember.

Still snowing here.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Heavy snow in abbeywood , bristol.

( just off the M4 to M5 Junction )

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
3 things to look out for Dewpoint Radar Temps if you dont have NW radar and want to find out your DP go to the wind map and look at your local station ..

I can tell you though that if this does turn to snow it will be over the moors not at lower levels, im not sure why NW radar is showing snow when it is infact rain! hope this helps

kaz

It's funny how you mention dewpoints. I can't measure here, because i don't have the equipment.

BUT what i do know is that the snow is still thawing and it's nearly 7 o'clock. The air here in North BTL is raw, cold, but not v.cold. It doesn't seem quite cold enough for any precipitation to fall as snow.

Anyone else with any thoughts on this? Someone who's a bit more weather techie than me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

0.1C here with DP below freezing, and a whopping 99% humidity... if only for some shower activity...

Posted

Shaun looks like you've nailed this, I have light snow falling here in Glanaman? Where is it coming from and the band is movind directly north with a slight north west movement, NOT EAST. What's happening? I'm not in school tomorrow anyway mother has said i can have the day off? Beeb and Met may have a lot of explaining to do again?

Posted

It seems to be heading fairly North at the moment and (wishful thinking) looks good to clip Cardiff. Must slip more east later if BBC have got this right. Its due to remain south and east of bristol channel but looks a little further west at the Mo.

Suppose just have to watch a little longer and see what it does when it meets the colder air which might be why it progresses east later.

If i was a betting man i would put money on this at least hitting Newport which would be good for everyone East of that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

How far north could this ppn move? looks like a poor show on west tonight weather for anywhere north of glastonbury in somerset :blush:

Posted

Cannot quite believe it but David Braine predicted snow for us tonight on his forecast, he actually mentioned snow in the SOUTH HAMS which is where I live, with temps at 4.0 and dewpoint currently at 3.4 I find this hard to imagine. However right now there is nothing I would like more than some lovely snow, would be so great for the snow deprived kids. Am checking temps every 1/2 hour and they are slowly dropping, can they drop quick enough??? PLEASE PLEASE SNOW!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Paul the site owner has just posted in the model thread. He said the snow could be further West

Posted
Cannot quite believe it but David Braine predicted snow for us tonight on his forecast, he actually mentioned snow in the SOUTH HAMS which is where I live, with temps at 4.0 and dewpoint currently at 3.4 I find this hard to imagine. However right now there is nothing I would like more than some lovely snow, would be so great for the snow deprived kids. Am checking temps every 1/2 hour and they are slowly dropping, can they drop quick enough??? PLEASE PLEASE SNOW!!!

where a bouts are you.

Net Radar is saying south Devon sleet and snow and Cornwall

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

At this moment nothing is happening here. Snow stopped about an hour or so ago. Temp was rising but now steady. I would LOVE to see more here in Milford, and I also backed Ben earlier, but I have a fear it aint gonna happen tonight.

woody

Posted
where a bouts are you.

Net Radar is saying south Devon sleet and snow and Cornwall

I am near Totnes, What would be the highest temp & dew point that it could actually snow be?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
thats echoes what Sky just has predicted

Lets hope so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

I can confirm from deepest darkest devon, that it is now snowing, and settling... lovely jubbly!