Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
Met office has all of wales in orange (be prepared) for today and tomorrow!!!!! What's all this about then? massive upgrade.

Lol just noticed above

Edited by Matt00011

Posted
Looks like a win/win situation tonight.

fri1zu3.png

If it doesn't snow, it proves once again how bad the GFS has been lately. If it does come off as it shows, well then its more heavy snow.

good point mate...Its on trial tonight :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind
Met office has all of wales in orange (be prepared) for today and tomorrow!!!!! What's all this about then? massive upgrade.

Hi

If you read the detail, that warning is for widespread icy roads until 10am tomorrow morning.

Dave

Posted
oh yes - that's me getting carried away sorry!

no it does mention snow.....but Im just saying best to read the write up as well.

UK regions:

East of England

Wales

South West England

West Midlands

London & South East England

East Midlands

Heavy Snow Fri 6 Feb

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern and eastern England and southeastern Wales. Periods of snow may give accumulations of 2 to 5 cm over large areas and up to 10 cm over high ground.

THIS IS PROBABLY ANCIENT NOW THOUGH..MADE TOO LONG AGO...........bUT THE MAP IS OR WAS UPDATED AROUND 4..SO GOOD NEWS

Issued at: 1148 Thu 5 Feb

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Is it me, or does that precipitation coming out of Brittany look a long way west? Is it this that's supposed to give tonight's snow to central southern England? If I didn't know better, I'd say that was going to affect areas further west than previously thought. Any thoughts?

I thought that. I hope it continues north before edging East so then there is chance of a dumping here :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Ok Guys,

What we need to do now is just bee quiet and not shout too loudly if it starts to head our way.

I think the slightest noise may scare it off.

Not sure if you should go by the wind vectors or not? But it looks like the west would be in for it aswell going by the looks of things.

bristolox2.jpg

If this was true then we would be in for a LOT!!!

Fingers crossed.

Posted
Ben, I've been looking at Meteox for some time now and thinking the same thing mate. IF it takes the route suggested by them, I would guess it will indeed be the west again - and heavy. But then who am I? LOL

woody

Hey Woody- did you get the day off the Tues?

I got sent home from Pembroke School at 12pm today- that's a day and a half off this week!

There was only a smattering of fresh snow here, but the further West I got the thicker the over night snow had been. It must have just been clipping that western tip.

It's been snowing on and off in Pontyates all afternoon, pretty hard at times. A return to full cover and a couple of cms on top of what was left from Tues.

Here's hoping for tonight. Don't think it will, but who knows? After today's miscast, not the Met Office...

Posted

I've got to say that great clump coming across the channel looks like its heading straight up towards us!

If this is the case then I dont think any of us can predict the outcome of this cold spell more than 12 hours ahead!

This time yesterday I was expecting rain overnight and nothing else for the forseeable future, now we've got a menacing looking low heading straight towards us with the potential for another dumping!

Happy days indeed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
Is it me, or does that precipitation coming out of Brittany look a long way west? Is it this that's supposed to give tonight's snow to central southern England? If I didn't know better, I'd say that was going to affect areas further west than previously thought. Any thoughts?

I think this could well be the case. Have had a good look at all the forecasts and it does look as if we could be looking at snow further west than Dartmoor. How far north this extends will be a case of nowcasting, though I'd be surprised if it got much further north than the Bristol Channel/Bristol in our region.

I can see I'm gonna annoy the mrs by radar/lamp post watching all evening

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Being self employed I took Tuesday and part of today off! LOL.

Is that Bush School or Pembroke? My Neice Holly goes to bush. Shell be happy!

That "Win Win" chart previously isnt win win for us in Pembs. Hope its wrong! Still laying here again now.

woody

Posted
I thought that. I hope it continues north before edging East so then there is chance of a dumping here :D

Me and you both! Let's not jinx it though! THERE IS NO WAY THE PRECIPITATION IN THE CHANNEL WILL REACH WEST WALES AND GIVE A GOOD DUMPING. There, that should do it!

Posted
I've got to say that great clump coming across the channel looks like its heading straight up towards us!

If this is the case then I dont think any of us can predict the outcome of this cold spell more than 12 hours ahead!

This time yesterday I was expecting rain overnight and nothing else for the forseeable future, now we've got a menacing looking low heading straight towards us with the potential for another dumping!

Happy days indeed!

heres hoping ian, its not very often Bridgwater sees snow!!! lol

Posted

Well the BBC certainly pushing the snow risk further and further north with every hour that passes - it wouldnt suprise me if the southern half of warwickshire and worcestershire were to be hit too

On the radar its going to be a very close thing, currently much further north than previously forecast, however this could simply be it moving faster as opposed to the precip making it further north

Another truely nowcasting scenario.....at least night away from the immediate south coast the temperature marginality isnt such an issue

SK

Posted
Snow stopped in swansea about an hour ago

Just hints on the radar of a little more moving up across the Bristol Channel. May pep up a little before landfall?

Posted
heres hoping ian, its not very often Bridgwater sees snow!!! lol

it certainly is Ozzy - although being old and growing up in the 70's and 80's this just seems to be back to the good old days!

Posted
Being self employed I took Tuesday and part of today off! LOL.

Is that Bush School or Pembroke? My Neice Holly goes to bush. Shell be happy!

That "Win Win" chart previously isnt win win for us in Pembs. Hope its wrong! Still laying here again now.

woody

Bush. It was tumping it down when I left and you look to have had a snowy afternoon!

Posted
Is that ppn actually going to start moving east, or is it going to plow on into wales :D and miss most of the south completely?

Hopefully plow on into Wales :D:clap: That would be my dream.

Posted
Any see the BBC news forecast then?

"2-5cm quite widespread, which is about 4 inches"

:clap:

hw far north they going for now then? the forecast on the website says as far north as london, which isnt great for me lol