Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Temperature is 1.1C and it is now snowing, heres hoping the temperature will fall lower and give the snow a chance to settle earlier rather than later on.

Posted

sorry been out in it, and wow that is really heavy snow at times, think it's good in bishops cleeve because it's a bit of a wind trap where i live, settling too slowly on cars and areas which arnt to damp, no turning back now this is going to be hours of snow

Posted
sorry been out in it, and wow that is really heavy snow at times, think it's good in bishops cleeve because it's a bit of a wind trap where i live, settling too slowly on cars and areas which arnt to damp, no turning back now this is going to be hours of snow

Don't be too sure about that. We had heavy snow for an hour before it turned back to rain and we are a lot higher up here

Posted

Well just as it turns to snow lighter precip moves in (typical) but some heavier stuff spreading up from the south in the next hour i think......starting to settle a bit on the cars, but needs to be far heavier really to settle

In some ways though the fact its still snowing even with lighter precip is good news and bodes well for the rest of the evening

Sk

Posted

There's about 2 inches of snow on the mountains around me, snowing there fo 3-4 hours. But just 150m or so below here it's only now turning to wet snow.

Posted
Turning to snow NE Bristol. :)

Im in winterbourne thats also NE bristol and its only sleet where are you from.

Posted
Well just as it turns to snow lighter precip moves in (typical) but some heavier stuff spreading up from the south in the next hour i think......starting to settle a bit on the cars, but needs to be far heavier really to settle

In some ways though the fact its still snowing even with lighter precip is good news and bodes well for the rest of the evening

Sk

trying to settle on my car here.

temp 2.2

moderate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry
Real snow in Cardiff now.

what are you on about? no its not.

Posted
Don't be too sure about that. We had heavy snow for an hour before it turned back to rain and we are a lot higher up here

too true yido but temperatures are now set in and the north easterly can be felt, you had snow earlier due to your elevation, but thanks for your realism

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

I can't tell whether it is raining or sleeting too much glare from the window and my glasses >_<

Posted

I'm also in Winterbourne. Just been out in it and its really trying to turn. Half an hour ago it was pure rain. Now its definitely icy. But yes, still sleet really.

Posted

I think it's now looking pretty grim away from high ground for this event. Some places might get a little covering but nothing significant, rather dissapointing to be honest.

Posted
ok snowing nicely now starting to settle on cars :rolleyes:

Been watching the forum since last weeks snow and I love it... So I had to join... Based in Gloucester and waiting for the snow.... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry
Lol, why argue when i can see with my own eyes white snowflakes falling?

Because i am 210meters above sea level. I just got back with my mam from picking my dad up in Llanishen.

It wasnt even sleety. I am on high ground and futher inland and its falling as sleet mate. So i find it extremely unlikely for you in the city.