Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
Whats all the fuss about lol, here in Cardiff nothing has happened. :wallbash:

To be honest you were never predicted to have heavy snow due to Cardiff's elevation etc - most of the Welsh snow is north of the M4 in higher elevation.

I was up Heads of Valley towards Merthyr at 7 tonight and it was a whiteout with roads awful.

Heavy snow here in Bargoed - wind starting to pick up a little and temperature dropped to +0.3C

Jay, unfortunately, you will probably only get a trace of snow very late as the fronts die out if you are lucky.

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted

This is insane I have nearly 2cms level snow all within the last hour huge blizzard here never seen anything this feroucious before wow :wallbash:

Posted
To be honest you were never predicted to have heavy snow due to Cardiff's elevation etc - most of the Welsh snow is north of the M4 in higher elevation.

I was up Heads of Valley towards Merthyr at 7 tonight and it was a whiteout with roads awful.

Heavy snow here in Bargoed - wind starting to pick up a little and temperature dropped to +0.3C

Jay, unfortunately, you will probably only get a trace of snow very late as the fronts die out if you are lucky.

JK

Thats bloody stupid lol... BBC showed snow over Cardiff.

Posted
Still snowing 'persistently' and settling on all surfaces, producing a nice fresh cover in areas of previous melt and topping up the other bits... so much for getting the car out tmrw. Its nothing like thursday night though. Its now -0.1C with a DP approaching -1C.

Lovely Jubbly!

Edit: Feels bitter out in the fresh northerly wind

http://www.dartcom.co.uk/index.php?pageID=7 im awaiting tomorow morning to see this then

Posted
This is insane I have nearly 2cms level snow all within the last hour huge blizzard here never seen anything this feroucious before wow :wallbash:

yes Blizzard like conditions with wind.dont know what makes a tru blizzard..though they have been reported in the cotsworlds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

We got as much chance of getting any real snow here as I have winning the ruddy national lottery.

I'm gonna cry

woody

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
Thats bloody stupid lol... BBC showed snow over Cardiff.

BBC had 'some' snow over Cardiff - but your best bet is your local forecaster who knows the chances within your topography etc.

They were still not sure earlier tonight and this snow for Cardiff was always an outside chance.

JK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
http://www.dartcom.co.uk/index.php?pageID=7 im awaiting tomorow morning to see this then

There was still about 5inches up there anyways! Im sure it will continue to look very pretty, but Dartmoor at night is impressive to! haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Yeah. Chucking it down here and i've got to put the bin out for tom morn...any old excuse, eh?! :)

But i guess temp is hovering just above freezing, as my neighbour's broken drainpipe is still throwing water down

Anyone in north BTL got a weatherstation for current temp?

Try martynhicks.co.uk, I always refer to that website to check if unsure.

Snowing heavily here. Nothing still on the roads but about 1cm on the lawn and cars.

Posted

Quite abit of wet snow here, still comming down quite heavy, not blizzard like conditions yet. I wonder how long this will last!