Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
I keep looking now like a mad old person peering out of the wooden blinds, STILL NO SNOW only rain.......hang on......going outside to brave it :yahoo:

God it's cold dropped in Temp. It is heavy Sleet...heavy....please no more else the culverts won't cope. Desperately trying to turn to snow now...Old bob at no 23 swears its heavy snow, but I say just sleet :yahoo:

Posted
amazing how the snow has hung around through all that rain we had today still got a covering

I know what you mean. Still a good half inch to inch on the grass and somehow it hasn't been washed away.

As for right now : torrential rain and some icy bits.

More importantly there's been over an inch of rain and flooding has closed one of the main routes around here ( the A350 between Westbury & Trowbridge ).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Yes!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It is snowing hard outside, still a little wet but its sticking to the ground already.

Took 5 mins of snow before it started to settle.

Hi. Just out of interest, what's the snow like up there after a day's rain? It's amazing how much of the snow up near Dundry has survived unscathed!

Posted

Intensely heavy right now bigger flakes pitching fast :yahoo: nr blizzard conditions now huge flakes

Edited by smarty81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Hi. Just out of interest, what's the snow like up there after a day's rain? It's amazing how much of the snow up near Dundry has survived unscathed!

You just would not believe it had rained today all minor roads are still white. and now everything is white! sticking to roads and paths very fast but then ground temp here must be low with so much snow surviving the rain of today.

Only thing that concerns me is that heavy ppn might miss mid somerset looking at radar?

Edited by mullender83

Posted

It's official.....SNOW (THICK FLAKES) in Ilminster, although very wet on the ground as flooding in places, not sure this will settle. But at least it is the real white stuff only dreams are made of. Hurrah for the gift of Winter.

Posted

Main road has a covering on it now here in Frampton North Bristol. Cars moving very slowly. Hardly any wind here yet although it is snowing quitre heavily.

Posted
not far away from real heavy snow conditions here.......wind really picking up here a bit now,

White out here now..

going out for a walk :yahoo:

V.Heavy snow now in north BTL/south gloucs.

about an inch of snow here. Wind also getting up.

Posted
V.Heavy snow now in north BTL/south gloucs.

about an inch of snow here. Wind also getting up.

what a winter.i CANT believe this many snowfalls

here I go out to the Artic blizzards :yahoo:

I just might get stranded :yahoo:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

looking at radar the best looks like its an hour or so away yet. nice ppn in cornwal/devon moving this way.

Once that clears is that it or is it going to keep forming because it doesnt look like it could last into the morning?