Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

woooooooooooooooo just opened my bathroom window and got clumbed on the head by a giant snow flake . it is now snowing in bath :D :lol: no work tommoro

Posted

Not sure where you are james, been dry snow here last hour, theres been a bit of a collision down the road from here.....the gritted road is snowed over again, and the heaviest is still heading up from the south

0.6c with dew still heading towards -1c

SK

Posted
Not sure where you are james, been dry snow here last hour, theres been a bit of a collision down the road from here.....the gritted road is snowed over again, and the heaviest is still heading up from the south

0.6c with dew still heading towards -1c

SK

same here real snow.road is now white/lawn and roofs

Posted
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl
  • Location: Chepstow - Where The Wye Meets The Severn ... about 0m asl

snowing moderate/heavy here :o shocker.. not sticking to anything at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

I looked...

I saw...

I conquered...

It is now officially snowing! Thats 9 days in a row with snowfall. Awesome..

In a cruel and ironic twist of fate though, its not snowing very heavily... which after 30mm of rain in 8 hours takes the p1ss!

edit: the info - 0.5C with a DP of -0.1C winds coming from the North at 18knots... allegedly. Did seem a little breezy out I suppose. Pressure 977mb

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted
Hi

just arrived at message board..so first question....whats Somerset got in for it tonite? Snow/Rain...50/50 ..0r 20/80...lol

snowiing here nick :o

Posted

stories of giant snow flakes about tonight, WOW just seen one the size of a huntsman spider ...theres another ,,and another !! giant snow flakes !! huntsman spiders everywhere!!! NOT

Posted
snowiing here nick :o

South West England: Devon

Dorset

Somerset

Heavy Snow 2100 Mon 9 0500 Tue 10

Rain is likely to turn to snow at times tonight bringing the risk of accumulations between 5 and 10 cm over higher roads. Slushy deposits of 2 to 5 cm are possible over lower roads. Rain and snow will clear eastwards in the early hours of Tuesday. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2025 Mon 9 Feb

Edited by blackdown

Posted
I know! As for winter storms, I've seen better storms in a tea cup! rain is just what it does up here, nothing out of the ordinary... Pah! :o

I know very sad after all that build up ive not even got a leaf moving here where is the storm force 9 that was forecast .. very embarrassing for the met and bbc.. I cant even find the low anywhere where's it gone.. ??

last time i will take any notice of the weather warnings should have gone with my gut feelings

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Been falling thick and fast here as snow and settling on cars, roofs and nearly on the grass but not the roads yet. I will give it time.

Posted
same here real snow.road is now white/lawn and roofs

really heavy SNOW here at the mo settling on cars fast proper fine snow brilliant, flakes getting bigger :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

RedDragon FM just said Heavy snow on the suburbs of Cardiff.

In Newport, Caerphilly, Merthyr, Pontypridd. He said schools will be closed tommorow in the region.

Keep listening for updates. He said sleet in Cardiff Bay

Posted

amazing how the snow has hung around through all that rain we had today still got a covering and the new stuff is pitching on the cars :o

Posted

SK........everything now is pure white........will take a walk around at twelve.looking forward to the wind conditions..

could be a long night

now below freezing

smarty its gouing to be a long night mate

Edited by dogs32

Posted
SK........everything now is pure white........will take a walk around at twelve.looking forward to the wind conditions..

could be a long night

now below freezing

Very dry snow here now, still settling on gritted roads, smaller flakes consequently however....that heavier stuff currently causing problems in gloucester edging slowly this way

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

It is snowing hard outside, still a little wet but its sticking to the ground already.

Took 5 mins of snow before it started to settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Settling in Stroud - seen from window cars travelling from all directions have inches of fresh snow on them, must be good just outside town.

Posted

could be a long night

now below freezing

I might drag the dog out with me later, it's stating to pitch just about now on paths :yahoo:

Posted

From the forecast I wasn't expecting anything other than heavy rain today and boy that's what I got. It got a bit gusty and chilly earlier but the rain just kept coming. My back garden is the most flooded I've ever seen it. Had to laugh cause there is a little frog out in part of the garden making the most of it ....... he's sitting in a pool of water right next to the remnants of my daughters snowman (which is all the snow that is left now).

I'm watching this thread to see how the Country File forecast for this week pans out as last week they had it pretty spot on.

Edited by Karen Ann

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Raining here

Posted
South West England: Devon

Dorset

Somerset

Heavy Snow 2100 Mon 9 0500 Tue 10

Rain is likely to turn to snow at times tonight bringing the risk of accumulations between 5 and 10 cm over higher roads. Slushy deposits of 2 to 5 cm are possible over lower roads. Rain and snow will clear eastwards in the early hours of Tuesday. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2025 Mon 9 Feb

I keep looking now like a mad old person peering out of the wooden blinds, STILL NO SNOW only rain.......hang on......going outside to brave it :yahoo: