Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North Sea Low Cloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hmmm miserable morning tomorrow, east winds suck!, have got a few specs of it now but well broken, but change tomorrow no sun at least until 1pm

Posted

Watched it rolling in last night, surreal. Clear blue sky to light, whispy grey stuff, then an hour later whole sky is drab grey; still the same this morning and I reckon this will take some time to burn off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

South Shields is still sunny at the moment. Apparently it covered Tynemouth yesterday (yesterday being one of those days I was familiar with at school- fog in Tynemouth but sunshine in Cleadon even though Cleadon is only a couple of miles inland)

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Its inevitable that the low cloud, mist, haar, fog whatever you want to call it is gonna be pestering the east coast particularly

north of the wash but not exclusively as i can see from the satellite image that north Norfolk is currently being affected but not

as bad as eastern Scotland...! What we need is a huge wind farm all the way down the east coast and blow the muck back to the continent...!!

Sat24.

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Seems to be thinning out a little here already. Sky getting brighter and it feels a bit warmer.

Mandy x

Edited by amanda_langlands

Posted

Sun i now out here on east coast of scotland. Really warm it is too.

Mandy xx

Posted

Thick fog throughout Edinburgh at 8am this morning - wet pavements even. Caught the train to Dundee and after going over the Forth the fog quickly lifted into low grey cloud at Inverkeithing all the way through Fife, over the Tay and into Dundee and it is only now that patches of blue sky are appearing. Subsequently not so many seals basking on rocks/sandbanks this morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looks from the satellite imagery as if it's only a matter of time before low cloud starts lapping onto the coast of Tyne & Wear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Can see the vile stuff drifting into NE England now - even at this time of day. Suspect we may end up under stratus tomorrow morning. Damn strong easterly winds!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

No sea fret here yet :lol: Cooler than yesterday though, and a little cloud is visible in the distance from time to time.

Posted

Interestingly it seems here, parts of East Anglia and NE Scotland are affected at present but almost the entire North-eastern coast of England and south-eastern Scotland arent! It wont be long now though, remarkable how different it feels once it arrives.

Edited by reef

Posted

The low cloud has just arrived here in Tyne & Wear my neighbour started panicking running around getting her

washing in saying it looks like its gonna 'chuck' it down until i told her its not going to rain but just low cloud

coming in off the sea..! Oh how i love the east coast...NOT..!!!

Looking west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Low cloud on the horizon over Lincolnshire is beginning to spread to the eastern side of the Peak. Only fragmented at the moment and covering 2 oktas of sky but you can tell it's on it's way. I'm anticipating a cool and foggy start to tomorrow.

Posted
Interesting read-outs from the Edinburgh University weather station for the last 24 hours....guess when the haar appeared and disappeared!?!

Very interesting RS.

No sign this evening though - unlike this time last night when the horizon out to sea had disappeared by 7.30pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

The vile stuff has arrived here now - and very suddenly. Changed from a sunny, pleasent (albeit breezy) evening into a windy one with alot of cloud. The feel is very different - suddenly it no longer feels like summer. This is why I'll never be a fan of easterlies! Sure they *can* be nice but all too often they aren't.

Posted

The dreaded low cloud has started to filter in over the last few hours. Still fairly scattered at the moment but expecting a grey sheet soon.

Posted

Low cloud has been lapping onto the Suffolk coast for most of the day, but come a few miles inland and it was fine and sunny. However, the low cloud is now sweeping inland readily.

Posted

Low cloud here now, probably be in the hill fog in few mins.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

Just got it here as well now, I thought it would stop at the Pennines but it has continued westwards and what was a lovely evening is now dull, breezy and cool. Just hope the cloud is gone by tomorrow morning.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted

Well, I have to eat some humble pie here- I said that the low cloud would start coming in tomorrow (so late today isn't far off) but I also said it would stay largely confined to the east coast, and it clearly isn't doing that... d'oh!

Posted

Low cloud has affected here since around 4ish, felt quite cool at times especially in the wind. Went down to Skegness this evening where there was low cloud over the wolds and even a bit of drizzle! Had to put head lights on at 9 on the way home, pretty dark!!!