Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club' 2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
Absolutely nothing here.

Has been muggy and warm all day, although the cloud has cleared over the last couple of hours, so it might spark some storms off.

Surprinsgly (for me anyway) we've had no storms so far this year (I dont think anyway)...or maybe the odd small one.

Ditto here SB1. We missed out on a couple of severe storms a few weeks ago by only 4-10 miles and another by 2 miles.

Posted
Ditto here SB1. We missed out on a couple of severe storms a few weeks ago by only 4-10 miles and another by 2 miles.

Thats how things have been going here lately :nonono: always close but not close enough :doh:

Posted

We've had quite a few storms rumbling around in the distance here, over the last week or so, but it wasn't until yesterday that we had one overhead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
I want thunder ... I want thunder ... I want thunder ... *Dancey Dancey Dance*

What's the link to the monthly lightning strike maps on the beeb?

I'm not aware of a place on the Beeb where you can get them, but maps using the Met Office's ATD system are freely available here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/anomacts/#

"Lightning Strikes, Actual" are the two options you need.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

If I don't get a storm by tonight I will definitely be surprised. :nonono: The sky where I am has had the best convection I've seen for years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
I'm not aware of a place on the Beeb where you can get them, but maps using the Met Office's ATD system are freely available here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/anomacts/#

"Lightning Strikes, Actual" are the two options you need.

Hi..new poster here.

I would like to put myself forward as a prospective member of the no storms club. No storms this summer at all...in fact not so much as a single rumble.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I've had one storm here which I managed to sleep through, does that count? I've got such a great view from the back of my house, I can't wait to see my first storm rolling in. Have been here for a year and a half and haven't seen one flash of lightning.

Posted

Looks like I could get storms on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, but my guess is only on Wednesday I will actually get a storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Temp dropping, zero convection, just a dull blanket of cloud here. No chance of breaking out of the club today.

Posted

This is the met office warning jinx in action...again!!! 2 days running they've got us under a warning and nothing happens. Don't be surprised if the breakdown when it comes will be nothing more than the odd spot of drizzle while all hell breaks loose further east!

Posted

The weather warnings for lincs are a joke. There's nothing happening anywhere in lincs and there

wasn't yesterday when the met office had warnings out. what storms??? :oops:

Posted
I have a bad feeling about not seeing any storms. Thursday looks like the best bet for here, but even that is too far out to be more than 20% sure there will be some storms.

MEMO TO THE MET OFFICE :

Would you please kindly refrain from issuing any warnings for my areas for the forseeable future, as you have issued warnings for the last 2 days and we have had jack I need to control my languaget!!

Posted
MEMO TO THE MET OFFICE :

as you have issued warnings for the last 2 days and we have had jack I need to control my language!!

Same here. No doubt when there isn't any warnings we will see a storm :lol: there pretty hopeless imo

and it's getting annoying that there always wrong :oops:

Posted

Blinking non storms :lol: I am even beginning to doubt what the rest of the week will bring now . :oops: :lol:

But we must stay optimistic grrrr lol

Posted

BBC guy saaid something interesting not long ago......Tuesday in the early hrs thundery rain spreading upp through the west country in the early hrs....

GFS charts still look good for us...

Tomorrow is better for us in glos than the last 2 days............today i wasnt expecting any..

BUT THIS WEEK I AM ..Better deleiver or I give up....

Sky weather girl saying intense SEVERE storms a re on the way for many by Thursday

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
BBC guy saaid something interesting not long ago......Tuesday in the early hrs thundery rain spreading upp through the west country in the early hrs....

Tomorrow is better for us in glos than the last 2 days............today i wasnt expecting any..

Sky weather girl saying intense SEVERE storms a re on the way for many by Thursday

Afternoon Dogs32

i know the feeling

nigel

Posted

and i hate typing...and this keyboard :oops:

Nigel...

Im too lazy to correct my typing errors....it started in my childhood...lol...

no this week will deliver...i promise :lol:

NOT 10 BANGS 4 FLASHES...A proper storm...known as a Thunderstorm....Supercell would be nice.but Im not greedy

Edited by dogs32

Posted
So whats it like with no stroms? :lol: :lol:

I'm joking, hope you all get some!

I have only had 2 or 3. :D

ONLY 2 or 3? Hell fire I'd be doing cartwheels at having had that many!

What makes me feel even worse if the fact is that the last time we here had a thunderstorm truly worthy of the name was the classic of July 3rd 2001...8 years is a long time.

Oh dear...the dreaded so-called thundery rain which turns out to be just rain with perhaps a single rumble if your lucky :oops: ......noooooooooo thank you.

Posted
ONLY 2 or 3? Hell fire I'd be doing cartwheels at having had that many!

What makes me feel even worse if the fact is that the last time we here had a thunderstorm truly worthy of the name was the classic of July 3rd 2001...8 years is a long time.

Oh dear...the dreaded so-called thundery rain which turns out to be just rain with perhaps a single rumble if your lucky :oops: ......noooooooooo thank you.

:lol: ...yes I know what you mean.havent had a proper TS this year let alone 3..UK that is

7 bangs 2 flashes doesnt mean a TS in my book....just a weak shower

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Oooh noooo, not in the early hours !!please let it be in the morning about 9 lol I don't want a storm in ma tent in the early hours :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Ahem what is a flipping thunderstorm?

Nothing here but a couple of rain showers today- no convection, nothing within miles.

Tuesday well the Met Office promise storms from the South, but hey they'll head towards Dorset and therefore miss us by miles. Frankly not a hope in hell.......

(oh and if you think it's bad here for Thunderstorms- don't get me started on snow :D . Even that missed us by a few miles during "the coldest February for years".

Posted
Ahem what is a flipping thunderstorm?

Nothing here but a couple of rain showers today- no convection, nothing within miles.

Tuesday well the Met Office promise storms from the South, but hey they'll head towards Dorset and therefore miss us by miles. Frankly not a hope in hell.......

(oh and if you think it's bad here for Thunderstorms- don't get me started on snow :D . Even that missed us by a few miles during "the coldest February for years".

And Plymouth used to be so good for storms too.I remember some real good ones! Maybe tomorrow night for Plymouth :D