Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club' 2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds
Look at my signature and you can see that for the last few years I have been really lucky thunderstorm wise. I'm well and truly still a member of the club this year though!

I'm no longer a member of the club today :D

Posted
I'm no longer a member of the club today :D

Im very confident that i'll be the last person to leave this club :D

Posted
Im very confident that i'll be the last person to leave this club :huh:

We certainly didn't have anything even remotely overhead. Best we had today was two storms with distant thunder :huh:

Posted

Im joining up in protest after at least 2 thunder storms blew over today.

So close but yet so far, sat here and listened to the distant rumbles that could have been just over our head if the wind had not been so strong.

Dull grey clouds overhead and nothing interesting as far as the eye can see ( in east anglia the eye can see a very long way)

Janet

Posted
We certainly didn't have anything even remotely overhead.

It's the damn storm shield mate :huh:

Posted

This lack

of storms

in

my

area

is beginning

to

get

on my nerves.

56% risk and nothing but one rumble, awesome..

What really gets me though is they all slipped by, as checking the detectors and looking at the clouds througout the day they was missing my area by the distance of a bullet grazing your ear. This theme is what has been happening all year for me and I have not seen one storm.

When is the next storm spell set to come around?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Had a couple rumbles of thunder and seen a few flashes of lightning but, it was in the distance and not overhead

Posted
Had a couple rumbles of thunder and seen a few flashes of lightning but, it was in the distance and not overhead

were not getting much luck are we? :lol: Plenty of storms came close to me then decided to either die out or

move in a different direction :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
were not getting much luck are we? :lol: Plenty of storms came close to me then decided to either die out or

move in a different direction :rolleyes:

I know lol Maybe next time we will get our turn :p

Posted
Here no rain, no thunder and no lightning, can anyone match that.

Happy enough with the sunshine though.

No rain, no lightning, but distant thunder for a short while in one of the many storms i missed today :D

Posted

Absolutley nothing AGAIN! no clouds just warm sun all day, no distant rumbles, no rain NOTHING. Im starting to get a bit worried now everywhere but here seems to have got something so far this year but me. Blackpool is such a boring place to be :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
Here no rain, no thunder and no lightning, can anyone match that.

Happy enough with the sunshine though.

The South Shields area matched it and was also one of the dullest parts of the country due to North Sea haar- beat that!

As for Blackpool it has a similar issue to South Shields. The Irish Sea coast can act as a storm shield- as I know from my experiences at Lancaster.

Posted

A cracking storm just missed me at about 4:30pm, great lightning show to the north and some members posted images of white-out hail storms!

A little while ago there was a thunderstorm approaching quite readily before it changed direction and then died, leaving only light rain and distant thunder.

Yet to have a proper overhead storm this year...

Posted
Absolutley nothing AGAIN! no clouds just warm sun all day, no distant rumbles, no rain NOTHING. Im starting to get a bit worried now everywhere but here seems to have got something so far this year but me. Blackpool is such a boring place to be :(

Finally somebody else is having the same amount of bad luck as me :D I bet the grass isn't yellow around your area

due to lack of rainfall though :D

Posted
Finally somebody else is having the same amount of bad luck as me :D I bet the grass isn't yellow around your area

due to lack of rainfall though :D

Youre right the grass is plenty green enough round here but only through BORING rain if you know what i mean :(

Posted
Youre right the grass is plenty green enough round here but only through BORING rain if you know what i mean :D

It just won't rain around here which is why my area has the nickname "sunny scunny" i suppose :D

Posted

after waiting over 10 months for a storm, it seems mother nature finally delivered at 3:10pm yesterday afternoon. OK it wasn't the best of storms, and i would classify it as weak but hey I'm very happy that i heard some thunder for the first time in 10 months!

20 mins of torrential rain and small hail mixed in, with 10 booms of loud thunder. Sadly no lightning whatsoever but certainly very interesting to watch, especially the mums getting soaked as they picked up their kids from the primary school round the corner :rolleyes:

I've enjoyed my time in this club, but it's time for me to move on. I am officially no long a member of the 'No Storms Club' :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Well, here we are - the day after the thunderstorms - feeling fed up, let down and disappointed now that we have to probably wait for another month before there is another crack at having an opportunity. It would be too much to hope for an unexpected or surprise thunder event which were so abundant in the 1980's.

Just because a few members are no longer in the no storms club after yesterday, 2009, in my opinion is still an extremely poor performer with a complete lack of suitable synoptic setups which are too few and far between. This is reflected in the low number of 'thunder days' (days on which any thunder - overhead or distant, was reported) this year and in the second half of 2008.

It has been a long time since I have felt this frustrated and deprived. Having been patient and tolerant over the last few months, especially after a 'good' winter which has been enjoyed more than this summer, it has reached the point where patience is running out. :p :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Well here we are in sunny Plymouth, where we now have the "honour" of being one of the only places in Devon and Cornwall who didn't copp a packet yesterday..... In fact the last big storm I can remember here was back in October 2006!

Posted

I've been waiting for a storm since around September last year, I really thought I would get one over the weekend, the 'Will it thunder?' page said like 56% for my area. And I was forecast 500-600j/kg of CAPE and -3 LI.

But nothing, the clouds came in dark, but there was only light rain, nothing else interesting :unsure:

Over the past 9 months I have had a few hail showers, but that is about it :p

But since it is June, does that mean I'm garaunteed to get a storm? I'm in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne.

I can't wait until I can leave this club :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I have been in the no storms club since 2006.

I have had a couple of storms pass by in the distance,could hear the thunder and see some lightning, but not had a storm pass directly overhead since 2006.

Posted

I should`nt really post here as theres already been a decent storm last week,but yesterday was a very poor show for Wales for thunder,looking at the strike maps,I think North Wales had the best activity but not much thunder but a covering of hail,those were some huge stunning CB clouds I saw yesterday up that way.

Yesterdays clouds were beautiful especially later on when the twilight sun was shining on them,but not much rain fell out of them which were also some very reasonable CBs indeed.

I only found today that last week lightning has struck 1 of our ash trees ripping right through the thick bark :closedeyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

B****r All!

One rumble in February... :closedeyes::rolleyes: <_<