IGNORED

The 'no Storms Club' 2009

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Did you see one of the comments at the bottom of that video -

"I just s**t out a pine cone" - LOL! What an expression :rofl:

Edited by Harry

Posted

Im 99% confident i will still be a member of this club tomorrow night :)

Edited by sufc

Posted
Im 99% confident i will still be a member of this club tomorrow night :lol:

im 100% sure i will be in the no storms club by tomoz.... I cant believe all these storms are again marching passed me about 5 miles away :lol: ... trouble is i have just had a major op and cant drive :( .. otherwise i would be on a chase and hunting these babys down.. SO FRUSTRATING.. every time i look at radar im like "hell not again, give me a break" :doh:

hope to see somemore peeps on here today (i feel so alone) SELFISH i know sorry :lol:

lol kaz x

Posted
im 100% sure i will be in the no storms club by tomoz.... I cant believe all these storms are again marching passed me about 5 miles away :doh: ... trouble is i have just had a major op and cant drive :( .. otherwise i would be on a chase and hunting these babys down.. SO FRUSTRATING.. every time i look at radar im like "hell not again, give me a break" :lol:

hope to see somemore peeps on here today (i feel so alone) SELFISH i know sorry :oops:

lol kaz x

It's exactly the same here as everything is missing my area. it's that dry here that the grass is going yellow.

hardly any rain in weeks, and there is nothing coming towards me on the latest radar image as usual :o :lol: :o :wallbash:

IMO scunny is the unluckiest place in the uk :nonono:

Edited by sufc

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

I`m also 100% confident , that i will still be in the No storm club

nigel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

I can't believe it either.Lovely convection here this morning and now scattered clouds and really hot and sunny. Believe me,you two are certainly not alone. :lol: :o :wallbash:

Posted
I can't believe it either.Lovely convection here this morning and now scattered clouds and really hot and sunny. Believe me,you two are certainly not alone. :lol: :doh: :lol:

I just want some rain for the garden :o a storm would be a bonus :oops: it just won't rain here :wallbash:

All the bad luck started when i changed my username about a month ago :nonono:

Edited by sufc

Posted

i think i might have spoke too soon ROFL some huge Cbs to the South East of me, developed from nowhere mmmmmmm

Edited by stormchaser1

Posted

look how close and yet so far away heard a rumble of thunder but that of course was moving away from me :lol: ...

post-206-1245074826_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
look how close and yet so far away heard a rumble of thunder but that of course was moving away from me :lol: ...

Yep seems to be hugging the main land, almost like it does'nt want to get it's feet wet. Maybe the water is to cold, and stopping these storms travelling over it.

Posted
My bad luck continues :doh: not even a drop of rain today :)

Surely you heard the thunder as the cell exploded to life just to the east of us :) . Yes we have been very unlucky today :(

Posted
Surely you heard the thunder as the cell exploded to life just to the east of us :doh: . Yes we have been very unlucky today <_<

yep i sure did. I never saw any lightning though

Posted
Well what a day! Cannot believe I didn't get to see a storm. At around 1pm I gave up simply because a pattern was emerging. That pattern was that every single cell which developed west of B'ham intensified rapidly as it moved east of B'ham. Then you have your monster storms in Lincs and EA.

I'm am just fed up of not seeing any storms. June 10th was good but it wasn't directly over me, it was in the distance. April 15th is the last storm I've seen and that was fairly average.

Will definately be chasing next year because this is just not me. I need to be on every storm opportunity this country gets, I cannot be sitting and hoping a storm comes right over me, that's just not the way to do it, if you want to see storms.

Really tired of this. Rant over!

It could be worse.

You could be living in Tyne&Wear east of the pennines, i.e. the most thunder-free location in the whole UK.

I should move, but quite frankly I cannot afford to leave my parents' house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
It could be worse.

You could be living in Tyne&Wear east of the pennines, i.e. the most thunder-free location in the whole UK.

You can see the Durham affect in action this afternoon on the net weather radar. The heavy downpours are forming to the West, splitting and moving North or South around Durham as they gradually head East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
It could be worse.

Try moving to Tynemouth. On numerous occasions when I was at school there, it was sunshine, showers and thunderstorms at Cleadon, yet stayed bone dry at Tynemouth (and to add insult to injury, it often contrived to end up dry and cloudy). I suggest that Tynemouth, due to its sticking out into the North Sea, is probably the most thunder-free place in the Tyne & Wear/Durham area, and certainly the most sunshine-and-showers free. However, storms are even less frequent in central and eastern Scotland and probably some coastal parts of Northumberland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

i join this club :mellow::doh: .

waiting for the channel storms none so far this summer mind you plenty of time yet.

cant beat nice hot thundery plume from the south. :D

Posted

No overhead thunderstorms this year - was speaking to an older person yesterday that said they had so much thunderstorms when she was younger! Now we have nothing! The Mountains dosen't help either - Im Moving to Florida...!!! :doh:

Posted

I wonder if scunny is the only place in the uk to have yellow grass from hardly any rain

in the last 4 weeks :D came close to having a storm today but not close enough.