Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted

I think, Harry. We are all in for a chance to see something stormwise tomorrow/Friday as a front clears all this s**... Heat and humidity by the weekend. Yaayy!

Phil. (Might be able to get a good nights sleep! I'm running on empty ATM!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
Well convection is finally kicking off here. Hwoever other than Estofex, no one has given anything out for the midlands.

Might be a good thing who knows.

Hey you should be glad about the lack of warnings...dont want the MetO jinxing it again do you? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
Hey you should be glad about the lack of warnings...dont want the MetO jinxing it again do you? :lol:

Well thats what I was thinking, just didnt want to say it LOL

K

Edited by Kane

Posted
Well convection is finally kicking off here. Hwoever other than Estofex, no one has given anything out for the midlands.

Might be a good thing who knows.

well u ever know! maybe! awww cr#p! im so desperate for a storm! im hoping for a massive shower to just appear on the radar, intensify and hit the west midlands :lol: :lol:

I think, Harry. We are all in for a chance to see something stormwise tomorrow/Friday as a front clears all this s**... Heat and humidity by the weekend. Yaayy!

Phil. (Might be able to get a good nights sleep! I'm running on empty ATM!)

im sleeping fine at night! i've been walking around with my leather jacket on in this heat! hubby thinks somthing is wrong with me! i just never feel the heat like everyone else does :D

Posted

WOW our regional was interesting, with storm risks, but the pictures from last nights storm was the best bit, a really good one of a CG ihtting a house accross a road in Blackpool!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!
Little beast gone up West of York

can see this one from Doncaster (work location) with three more Cu cong to the north of it building rapidly.

Posted
I think if any storms will affect the Midlands they will will occur around tomorrow night and into the following morning. The thunderyrain/thunderstorms forecast to push N over the SW looks like affecting the Midlands around the period mentioned above. I've just looked at the GFS and NMM models to see where the heaviest precip will be and as I said before the Midlands has good SB CAPE tomorrow, so with surface heating, which, if temps are predicted to reach the high 20Cs or possibly 30C, this should aid convection.

Only time wil tell what happens but Meto don't seem too concerned about the rest of the country, just the SW.

oh good! that means im gradually learning how to read the charts right because i came to the same conclusion myself :lol:

fingers crossed for thurs/friday then :lol:

Posted
Still may consider the prospect of travelling to the coast tomorrow night

Always welcome Harry!!

The first day off for ages on Friday and I actually want it not to be stormy or rain :lol: (that should do it!)