Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

A dry day here,a reasonable amount of cloud about at times during the first half of the day but generally turning brighter as the day wore on.

Max temp 19.3c,currently 15.6

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Raines all day ,then stopped suddenly at about 6 (ish).Blooming cold for July .BRING BACK THE SUN NOW.Sorry rant over.roll on September.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very heavy rain last night, especially 04-0700, when it constantly exceeded 5mm/ hour. Today saw further rain and showers at times, especially this afternoon, but not so heavy. Just a few late glimpses of the sun 17-1900. Very cool and windy (NNW).

Rivers rose rapidly this morning, and the village stream was the highest in flood I have seen it. Rivers in spate Lampeter/ Tregaron areas too, but further NW towards Aberystwyth noticeably less wet (only around an inch fell there) and rivers containing the water. Quite a notable summer flood:

post-2595-1247863479_thumb.jpg post-2595-1247863557_thumb.jpg

post-2595-1247863614_thumb.jpg post-2595-1247863701_thumb.jpg

Min: 10.9c @ 0500

Max: 14.3c @ 2100!

Rain yesterday: 55.5mm = wettest day locally for over 3 1/2 years when we moved here.

Rain since 10am: 6.1mm

Currently: Cloudy and breezy but dry!

Temp: 14.1c

Pressure: 1011mbar, steady.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
Well, what a day.

Our river has burst its banks and submerged the entire first floor of the riverbank offices and one hotel. The porch roof of our house has collapsed, and we now have leaks in both of our bedrooms.

:D

Oh dear, PP - are you OK? :D Good luck.

Posted
Well, what a day.

Our river has burst its banks and submerged the entire first floor of the riverbank offices and one hotel. The porch roof of our house has collapsed, and we now have leaks in both of our bedrooms.

:D

Good heavens PP,I trust all is otherwise ok with you-although it chucked it down here most of last night and all day until around 4 pm here I wrongly presumed that things were similar elswhere around here- please keep us posted as to what is happening,regards Rollo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very wet last night and yesterday, some local flooding reported, and a Landslide in Caswell caused distruption.

Dry at the moment but rather cloudy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Very cool, dull and not too wet today - perfect :nea:

Posted

the wettest day for a while, 15 May when slightly less than the 22-23mm in my garden today and last evening-so its the wettest day this year for me.

still raining slightly as I came in 30 mins ago.

Posted

I measured getting on for 2 and half inches this morning, pretty much the whole rain event. Tony, what did you get on 14th Jan 08, if your still online. This was Llechryd bridge the next day. post-4119-1247869404_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well it feels distinctly like autumn out there tonight - howling winds, constant rain and definitely the need for a coat.

Everyone is stuck inside with only the smokers quickly running out for their fag break. A horrible waste of a high summer Friday night :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold
Well, what a day.

:nea:

Just been passed the Wear at Milburngate. From the brief view I got it looked like around a 10 year high for the river (summer and winter). Perhaps the rain of 2000/2002 (can't remember the year) is comparable.

It looked to be well up the railings upstream from the weir at Milburngate which suggests a huge depth.

And I've heard locally that we had 100mm in Durham City, can anyone give me an accurate number?

Edited by fozi999

Posted

Felt like a day borrowed from late october or early November - a very poor one for mid July.

Temperatures maxed at 14 degrees, very very woeful, and with persistant light rain all day and dull leaden skies it felt utterly miserable, rank it as the second worst day of the summer so far after 6th June.

Can't moan too much though, NE England and N Pennine areas have had a truely awful day, the intensity of the rain being very notable..

Posted
I measured getting on for 2 and half inches this morning, pretty much the whole rain event. Tony, what did you get on 14th Jan 08, if your still online. This was Llechryd bridge the next day. post-4119-1247869404_thumb.jpg

Hi,

41mm here 13th jan 08

24mm on the 15th.

Cheers.

Posted
Hi,

41mm here 13th jan 08

24mm on the 15th.

Cheers.

Thanks Tony. I did have a quick look at the archived charts just after I posted and could see we had probably been getting a fair bit of rain in the few days before. I didn't get a chance to go look at the Teifi yesterday, so not sure what it looked like at Llechryd.

By the way, if anyone comes in here to post current conditions, this is actually yesterday!