Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow/Wintry Precipitation Reports: 28th February 2004

WeatherGod

Posted

9cm snow last night. Presently 9cm average level depth, but 12cm deep in the back garden where yesterdays snow didn't melt. Very nice. Started snowing again. Kids presently outside destroying it. Drifts against the outhouse and back door nearly 2ft deep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Apparently my parents have confirmed that some 4 inches has fallen overnight on the coastal strip around South Shields and Sunderland.

The last two winters have been noteworthy for the frequency of straight N'ly flows concentrating snow showers down this coastal strip. Hence, their heaviest snows since February 1994 have all occurred in the last 2 winters- January 2003, January 2004, February 2004.

Why, oh why, did they have to coincide exactly with the winters I'm spending away at Lancaster university. I used to live on that coastal strip until October 2002, and it kept missing out on these snowfalls when I was over there!

Posted
Anyone know if any snow is going to appear around Stansted airport area? Dull and cold but not even a flurry.

Hi- welcome to net-weather! If I can just redirect you here-

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/forum/viewtop...t=5426&start=72

This is the snow reports section (snow reports only in here) so please can you repost your question in the thread Ive linked to above? Cheers :( Somone will answer it there for you :)

Posted

hi ds

where you get that culdrose snow depth report from? the max snow depth i can find(1100) is aviemore and aberdeen. mind you the culdrose rainfall amount is quoted as 31mm in 6 hours from 0600.

jh

Posted

Strange. A moment ago at 1:30pm, the sky was bright.. it had a strange white-ness quality to it. Then when i had my back turned, i could hear the pattering of snow hitting the ground outside. White-out! for about 10 minutes, before dyingo ff. Now having light showers on and off. Little is settling though. Temp: 1 C

Posted

we've had showers on and off all day. Now its just turned dark again & is snowing quite strongly.

I saw this coming over on the ribble-valley radar, there are some nice orange colours in the picture :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder and lightning

Hiya Everybody, I can't give you Hertford in Hertfordshires weather coz I have just arrived in Derbyshire.

On the motorway M1 at Hemel Hempstead I had a few flakes of very fine SNOW. It lasted about 20 minutes. When I went further up near Northampton it started again for about 10 minutes.

The weather in Alfreton in Derbyshire has sunny intervals with cloud and a little bit of a breeze.

There is lying SNOW in the shade and had a snowball fight with my mate.

Hooooooooray I get to see and touch S N O W at last. :(:):(:) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted
Hiya Everybody, I can't give you Hertford in Hertfordshires weather coz I have just arrived in Derbyshire.

On the motorway M1 at Hemel Hempstead I had a few flakes of very fine SNOW. It lasted about 20 minutes. When I went further up near Northampton it started again for about 10 minutes.

The weather in Alfreton in Derbyshire has sunny intervals with cloud and a little bit of a breeze. 

There is lying SNOW in the shade and had a snowball fight with my mate.

Hooooooooray I get to see and touch S N O W  at last. :(   :)   :(   :)   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:

very heavy snow in hertford, not settling, could maybe be good tonight.

Evan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Very light snow starting now, gone very dark towards the North of me :(

Posted

Here in Newark, East Midlands, we have had a few snow showers throughout the day which have been rather heavy, but they never settle. Last shower ended around 15 mins ago. Forcast still looks good for tonight and tommorow, and if it does fall tonight then hoopefully ice will have formed allowing the snow to settle..

Posted

We've just had another shower - started off as tiny hail type snow but developed into lovely big flakes. I think that's our lot for tonight now.

Glad to hear you lot down south are getting some at last :D

Posted

Cloud just starting to increase again, and I wouldn't be too sure about you not having anymore snow, it is expected to remain showery in eastern and some central areas throughout the night and into tommorow..