Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather And General Chat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A dry and warm morning with spells of rather hazy sunshine. Sunny intervals lasted for about an hour into the afternoon before increasing high and medium level cloud moved in from the south and eventually brought a few light showers after 1445 g.m.t.

As I look at the NW radar I wring my hands at the sight of heavy rain sitting just a few miles east and south east of me and with very little prospect of it getting here.

At 1800 g.m.t

Temp', 16.1c

Max' today, 20.5c

Min' last night, 12.6c

Grass min', 9.8c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, 0.1 mm

Sunshine today, 5.16 hrs

Mean wind speed, 5 mph W

Highest gust today, 19 mph NW at 0004 g.m.t

8 oktas altostratus and altocumulus

Intermittent light rain falling ( just a few spots really )

Vis', 20 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Well yep it's raining again but that almost goes without saying!

Desperately longing for some warm sunny & dry weather before the descent into darkness & cold again. Summer is brief at this latitude so is very frustrating when it rains in the brief those short few weeks!

18c at the mo which isn't too bad for 10:30pm but when coupled with rain it makes no difference - it's still unpleasant!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Clear periods and cool last night.

Sunny periods and became quite warm this morning. A cloudier afternoon, with hazy sunny intervals.

Largely cloudy this evening. Light to moderate and variable winds.

Min: 8.1c @ 0600

Max: 21.1c @ 1330

Rain yesterday/today: Nil

Currently: Fairly cloudy.

Temp: 13.5c

Pressure: 1020mbar, rising slowly.

As I look at the NW radar I wring my hands at the sight of heavy rain sitting just a few miles east and south east of me and with very little prospect of it getting here.

Don't believe thats all real though after studying the radar for the Midlands this evening. Wet yes, but not the 90mm suggested for parts of the east Midlands- anaprop mixed in there I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Clear periods and cool last night.

Sunny periods and became quite warm this morning. A cloudier afternoon, with hazy sunny intervals.

Largely cloudy this evening. Light to moderate and variable winds.

Min: 8.1c @ 0600

Max: 21.1c @ 1330

Rain yesterday/today: Nil

Currently: Fairly cloudy.

Temp: 13.5c

Pressure: 1020mbar, rising slowly.

Don't believe thats all real though after studying the radar for the Midlands this evening. Wet yes, but not the 90mm suggested for parts of the east Midlands- anaprop mixed in there I think.

I agree Tony, just posted similar on the convection thread.

Light rain here for the last hour or so with a temp' of 15.5c.

Posted

Nice sunny day here today, skies turn much more milky in the afternoon but at least it stayed dry. Could be our most lengthy spell of dry weather of the summer looking at the models.

Posted

Bit of a mix today - woken by heavy rain, then it became very hot and humid for a time, before clouding over and we now have torrential rain. Radar suggests over 30mm in the past 6 hours.

Posted

Another wet and miserable day to add to the stack already this summer. We've had over an inch of rain in the last 48 hours due to that stubborn front which is near enough stationary.

Fortunately it wasnt anywhere near as humid today but still pretty unpleasant apart from a few sunny spells during the afternoon. Max temp was 21.9C after a min of 16.1C.

Currently overcast and (suprise suprise) raining again!

Posted

dry but cloudy with no wind. about half an inch of rain from last evening into the early hours, missing the worst of it really. min temp of 13.3C