Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Todays Weather And General Chat

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Dense fog and light drizzle to start the day after light rain overnight( 1.9 mm). The fog cleared by 1100 and it's now mild, cloudy and dry with the temp' at 13.1c.

Posted

Not much sigh of the sun that was forecast for this afternoon, and it remains cloudy and very mild

with light winds.

Posted

A mild damp start, but the cloud soon cleared during the morning leaving a glorious sunny day with a few cirrus clouds in the sky and a moderate SE wind. I'll check the temperatures when I get home later - expect around 18-19 was reached.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

After a mild and misty morning following a very mild low of 13.1C, this afternoon saw the sun come out very nicely and the temperature rose up to 19.lC. This afternoon's clouds were mainly cirrus and cirrocumulus but a lot of altocumulus castellanus and floccus around at the moment, a sure sign of thunderstorms to come if it was May-September.

Posted

Quite a lot of cirrostratus/altostratus covering most of the sky. A few gaps allowing some late sun at times, this has generally been the theme for the whole day from what i've noticed, with skies a bit clearer for a time late this morning I think.

Temp: 14.4C

Dew point: 12.3C

Humidity: 87%

10 min avg. Wind: 8mph (SSE)

gusting last 30 mins: 16mph

Pressure: 1015.0mb

Max today: 16.2C @ 11:18

Min today: 14.0C @ 04:02

Rain today: 0.2mm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

14.9c the max under cloudy skies. Trying to clear now the sun has gone down - typical!

Posted

Peaked at 12.12pm here with a 17.6c. It's been on a downhill trend since. Currently a bit overcast, temp has dropped quickly down to 13.8c. Tomorrow looks like it might be the warmest day, if more cloudy than the last. Looks like the weekend its all change with rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Another dull dull day, one of those days where it looks like it's going to rain but doesn't. Very mild though, max of 16.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Today's weather

Pressure 1016.1hPa

Current Temp 13.7c

Highest Temp 19.3c

Lowest Temp 13.6c

Humidity 82%

Dewpoint 10.5c

Windchill 13.6c

Min Windchill 9.6c

Current Windspeed 0.0mph

Max Windspeed 12.9mph

Wind direction SSW

Rain Total 3.1mm

Monthly Rain Total 101.0mm

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Thick fog and light drizzle to start the day, the drizzle dying out by 0900 and the fog lifting by 1100 to leave a dry and cloudy day. The cloud has broken since 1700, much too late for any sunshine.

At 1800;

Temp', 12.7c

Max' today, 13.6c

Min' last night, 9.0c

Grass min', 4.4c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, 0.1 mm

Sunshine today, nil

Mean wind speed, 19 mph S

Highest gust today, 34 mph S at 1550

6 oktas stcu, alcu and ci

Vis', 35 miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

another mild evening with current temperature of 11.1c

Is anyone else getting anoyed by constant flys that come in for the warm at the moment?

They are driving me mad, we get them every year in autumn as they go for warm places to live out there last few anoying weeks ect. I do hope for a cold spell soon to kill them all off before they send me mad. I even have a can of Raid sat by my computer for when they land on my screen.diablo.gif

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 12c

Outdoor humidity 88%

Pressure 1003mb

Wind direction South East

Wind speed 24mph

Gust 34mph

Cloud Height 965ft

Wet Bulb 10c

Rain in last 24hours 0.0mm

Total rainfall This Month 63mm

Dew Point 8c

Wind Chill 4c

Weather Cloudy rain dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature dropped 0.6c

Pressure dropped 2.1mb

Humidity rose 2%

Average wind speed 26mph

Dewpoint rose 0.8c

Average wind direction South East

Moon age 8 days 67%

Sunrise and Sunset 7:28am - 5:01pm

Moonrise and Moonset 2:58pm - 11:34pm

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Rather cloudy and fairly windy today (SE/S).

Very mild indeed for the end of October- the highest reading for at least 6 years!

A few showers during the night, with some sharp showers this evening. A few sunny intervals throughout the daytime.

Min: 12.4c @ 2000 yesterday evening

Max: 18.9c @ 1400

Rain yesterday: 0.4mm

Rain since 0900: 1mm approx.

Currently: Very mild, moderate showers.

Temp: 12.5c

Pressure: 1012mbar, rising slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

another mild evening with current temperature of 11.1c

Is anyone else getting anoyed by constant flys that come in for the warm at the moment?

They are driving me mad, we get them every year in autumn as they go for warm places to live out there last few anoying weeks ect. I do hope for a cold spell soon to kill them all off before they send me mad. I even have a can of Raid sat by my computer for when they land on my screen.diablo.gif

Yes I was chasing one around for ages - a massive fly that managed to survive a whole night & day then reappear again as I was making dinner. Opened all the windows to try to shoe it out but no luck - it just kept following me around! Then it made the fatal mistake of following me into the tiny downstairs toilet... it was cornered!

The first proper frost will kill 'em but no frost coming so I suspect they won't be going anywhere just yet!

Posted

One of those strange abnormal feeling days which didn't fit how many would expect such a day to feel. We had dull leaden skies all day with no brightness, however, it felt very humid indeed even close just like how it feels before a thunderstorm on a warm summer afternoon.

It felt very odd leaving work in the dark at 5.30pm and stepping into very humid warm still air with no wind whatsoever.

This evening has been fairly miserable though with current heavy pulses of rain. I'll be very glad to see the back of this very mild southerly airstream.. don't like it one bit, its wasted in late Oct, who needs it when its dark at 5pm.. doesn't feel right.