Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Friday 13th / Sat 14th Storms

Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Depends on what you want to drive in. I'm guessing the winds and rain will be worse tomorrow through the morning to lunchtime, than rush hour tonight. However the conditions aren't going to be favourable for driving in the South during the next 24 hours anyway.

Dark and wet/windy or light and very wet and windy? In any event keep safe, enjoy Mother Natures fury and remember to post storm reports here: netweather.tv

Thanks Coast.

If I stay I will of course try and post reports. I had a quick look at the sea but alas left my camera at home. I have my phone mobile camera but no way of adding to the netweather site if i took some; unless someone emails me their mobile and I can send a photo through.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
Posted

You guys in the south west, get yourselves to perranporth beach in cornwall. Previous years that i have visited cornwall i was lucky enough to witness around 5 severe gales, the swell was so great it just came right upto the wall and the waves was lashing over flooding the road and car park, it was fantastic!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

You guys in the south west, get yourselves to perranporth beach in cornwall. Previous years that i have visited cornwall i was lucky enough to witness around 5 severe gales, the swell was so great it just came right upto the wall and the waves was lashing over flooding the road and car park, it was fantastic!!

Last time I was in Perranporth I nearly drowned.

A 6 foot wave came and fell on my head pushing my under the water. I was quite far out too.

Weather is calm and nice atm.

Posted

Hi mate, Im not having `a go ` at you but where did you get this info from ?

Hi, You can see the METO global (not meso) 06Z run on Plymouth(I don't really want to distribute it as the METO are very precious and have recently had this output taken from Bob Hart's page when they learnt about it). and compared to the previous one.

The info came from the Radio I believe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

When I was at Sennen cove it was lashing it down with rain, yet I still played in the sand. :wallbash:

Posted

Wight

Gale warnings - Issued: 0944 Fri 13 Nov

Severe gale force 9 imminent, veering southwesterly and increasing storm force 10 later

Shipping Forecast - Issued: 1130 Fri 13 Nov

WindSouth 7 to severe gale 9, veering southwest gale 8 to storm 10, perhaps violent storm 11 later.Sea StateModerate or rough, occasionally high later.

WeatherRain or squally showers.

VisibilityModerate occasionally poor.

Posted

Hi, You can see the METO global (not meso) 06Z run on Plymouth(I don't really want to distribute it as the METO are very precious and have recently had this output taken from Bob Hart's page when they learnt about it). and compared to the previous one.

The info came from the Radio I believe.

Cheers mate i understand ! and thanks mods.

Posted

looking forward to a very stormy night on the south coast of hampshire . i would suspect that st catherines point on the isle of wight will record the strongest gusts in our area . not a leaf moving here at this time . complete calm :wallbash:

Posted

M3 bouy is now reporting 15Ft waves (this is going up) and lightening is still on the increase under the RI storm.

Hi Iceberg, Could i just ask what the abbreviation "RI" stands for? Seen it in a couple of your posts now.

Many thanks

S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Perranporth is on the north coast. I think Sennen Cove would be the place to be ( not aside from that fact there is a fantastic beach restaurant to enjoy it from!)

Surfing anyone?

Forecasting 6.4m swell offshore.

Posted

Thames Dover Wight:

South 7 to severe gale 9, veering southwest gale 8 to storm 10, perhaps violent storm 11 later. Moderate or rough, occasionally high later in Wight. Rain or squally showers. Moderate occasionally poor.

Portland Plymouth Biscay:

South veering southwest gale 8 to storm 10, perhaps violent storm 11 later. Very rough or high, occasionally very high later except in Portland. Rain or squally showers. Moderate occasionally poor.

Fitzroy:

Southwest severe gale 9 to violent storm 11, decreasing gale 8 later. very rough becoming high or very high. Rain or squally showers. moderate or poor.

Sole Lundy Fastnet Irish Sea Shannon:

South 6 to 8, becoming cyclonic gale 8 to storm 10, perhaps violent storm 11 later in Sole, becoming west 6 to gale 8 later. Rough or very rough, occasionally high in Sole and moderate in Irish Sea. Rain or squally showers. Moderate or good occasionally poor.

Posted

BBC WEATHER 1300 . Described as a " once in a two or three year event " SEVERE WEATHER WARNING . Tonight gusts will reach 60 - 65mph along the south coast of england . The dangerous situation is likely tomorrow as gusts along the coast reach 80mph during the daytime .( Inland stated as 75mph ) . Areas were mentioned such as reading and london . Warnings of travel disruption power outages and trees coming down .

Edited by PeterDoswell

Posted

BBC WEATHER 1300 HRS . GUSTS OF 80 MPH ALONG SOUTH COAST . 75MPH INLAND GUSTS . AREAS MENTIONED LONDON AND READING . POWER OUTAGES LIKELY . TREES DOWN .

Just about to post the same thing. Looks quite serious but hopefully the worst will happen when asleep or indoors at least!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

It is absolutely hammering down here at the moment, no wind yet just rain.

Posted

BBC WEATHER 1300 . Described as a " once in a two or three year event " SEVERE WEATHER WARNING . Tonight gusts will reach 60 - 65mph along the south coast of england . The dangerous situation is likely tomorrow as gusts along the coast reach 80mph during the daytime .( Inland stated as 75mph ) . Areas were mentioned such as reading and london . Warnings of travel disruption power outages and trees coming down .

It is quite worrying that the most dangerous weather will hit tomorrow during the day :wallbash:

Local news has just given possibility of 82 Mph

Edited by PeterDoswell

Posted

Hi Iceberg, Could i just ask what the abbreviation "RI" stands for? Seen it in a couple of your posts now.

Many thanks

S

Sorry Rapid Intensification.

Pressure now down to 981 (there abouts) according to SHIPS reports, with it expect to go down to maybe 972 south of Ireland.

Sferics now just of the coast of Cornwall/Devon.

A load off towards the developing low as well.

post-6326-12581196654362_thumb.png

Posted

If you want to check sea conditions in England click on the location nearest you in this interactive map to get wave height etc: www.channelcoast.org

5 Flood warning now in force across the UK: www.environment-agency.gov.uk

Posted

where it say that then - do you you mean telly?

Yes, the 1.30 bbc weather. I do hope they are wrong.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

It is quite worrying that the most dangerous weather will hit tomorrow during the day sad.gif

Local news has just given possibility of 82 Mph

I think that there is no doubt that there will be gales but I do think there is a lot of hype going on here. Statements like 'once in a two or three year event' etc seem determined to maximise the drama.

I know some people are excited about seasonal gales, but I think a bit of perspective is needed. It is not going to be anything unduly exceptional for weather in the UK from November onwards in the winter.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

We have RACY - Rapid Cyclogensis:

Inst OCCL: Rapid developing storm. Deepening of 18Hpa in a + 18 hour forecast. From CAD merging with frontal cloudband as instant occlusion. Rapid Cyclogensis and all parameters fit. WARNING!

From satrep (hover your mouse over Inst OCCL) http://www.knmi.nl/data/satrep/archive/ZAMG/MANU_20091113_1200.html

Posted

I think that there is no doubt that there will be gales but I do think there is a lot of hype going on here. Statements like 'once in a two or three year event' etc seem determined to maximise the drama.

I know some people are excited about seasonal gales, but I think a bit of perspective is needed. It is not going to be anything unduly exceptional for weather in the UK from November onwards in the winter.

Ahmen to that, the first level headed post of the day! :cray: