Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Friday 13th / Sat 14th Storms

Harry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Rain has just started up again here... I took the brief lull as a chance to go and clear up the mess (well, some of it) There is an impressive amount of debris around!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Welcome to netweather forum stormboy,

I hope you join in on many many discussions, and enjoy your stay, its a very warm and friendly community.

My names Lewis and my favourite weather and field i consider myself most experienced in is during the winter months "snow".

Hello Lewis,

Thanks for the kind comments. My post count says 8 or something so perhaps I'm not such a lurker as I thought. I sure learn loads in this place and it is such a friendly place as you say. Heres hoping for an interesting night ahead.

Stormy Cheers

Stormboy

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Our bush's keep moving , it's terrible here!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

N-W Convective/Storm forecast issued until 15z tomorrow, moderate risk of severe convective weather:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=72da33df8e41c4e0cb5a99d91d1c1f0a

Posted

Just had a very interesting PM from Roger J Smith, he said that the Low appears to be a bit deeper than progged, and its already 970 mb in southwest Ireland about three hours ahead of the low centre.

So looking good :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

N-W Convective/Storm forecast issued until 15z tomorrow, moderate risk of severe convective weather:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=72da33df8e41c4e0cb5a99d91d1c1f0a

thanks Nick, very nice, and unusual, from a meteorological perspective to see areas under a moderate warning...Lets hope there're no reports of accidents/casualties by tomorrow...I think I speak for everyone on here, that whilst the prospects of severe weather can be exciting, there is always a more sobering side to these forecasts...

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Cheers Nick,

It's not often that you get that red pen out is it?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Leave the bush alone...... :lol: Watch the weather :p

Lol needed that :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Wind picking up here now, just recorded a 57.2 mph gust, been gusting around 50-55 mph for a while now, average around 35-40 mph. I wonder what tonight's max will end up being.

Edit: just topped 60 mph

Edited by Pennine Ten Foot Drifts

Posted

interesting update Nick

More than 20 flood warnings have been put in place, with many further areas on flood watch.

A lane on the original Severn Bridge was closed due to strong winds and restrictions put in place.

West Wales has been particularly badly affected, with fire crews called to flooding in Swansea, Carmarthen and Tenby.

Mid and West Wales Fire Service has responded to a number of incidents, which ranged from people getting rescued from vehicles to flooded houses.

In Pembrokeshire 2,500 sand bags were despatched and fire crews dealt with incidents in Pembroke Dock and Pembro

There are reports of water up to 2ft (60cm) deep in many places and some roads are now impassable.

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Just a reminder about John Holmes excellent blog on how the LP system is developing.

John Holmes Fri/Sat LP Blog

His latest post has the Met Office chart on which shows in pretty vivid detail the complexity of this LP system.

Posted

Cheers Nick,

It's not often that you get that red pen out is it?

Nope, think it's the first time, the MODERATE mainly for damaging gusts in any convective downdrafts but also despite favourable dynamics that more difficult to forecast tornado threat.

P.S. hope you gained something from our storm chase talk in London last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

79mph in Capel Curig I suspect due to a funnelling effect considering its location in the valleys of Snowdonia.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

I think Cornwall tops it, flooding in Perranporth, Crantock, Redruth, Padstow, and Pool. Penzanze sea front was closed and there are dozens of roads impassable according to the BBC.

On the plus side, the Animal event at Newquay should be good this weekend... 11ft waves!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Hello again PB.

Yes, i have some equipment ermmmm.. sorry i've had a drink! Anyway, indeed there are a fair few weather stations shown on the web around our area. Go checkout wunderground.com. As for the guy you mention in Thatcham, I actually know him, his name is Steve Kelly. Enjoy the wild weather and stay safe.

Now 12mm here @ 21:22 and 990.7 hpa.

Take Care

Stormboy

yo storm boy.

Ah wunderground of course. Will do.

You stay safe too heh.

BTW lloks like we is about to get some water pumelling judging by the radar....

PB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Nope, think it's the first time, the MODERATE mainly for damaging gusts in any convective downdrafts but also despite favourable dynamics that more difficult to forecast tornado threat.

P.S. hope you gained something from our storm chase talk in London last night!

Certainly did thanks. Pity it took 3 hours to get home!

I may get a chance to go down the sea front tomorrow. Always good on windy days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

http://www.netweathe...b5a99d91d1c1f0a

Wow ive never seen moderate risk used before, only slight! Moderate chance over southern England is awesome!!

hope i get to see high risk of severe convection used one day!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

message to any Mods viewing thread....in light of thundery/severe weather activity during the forecast period, any chance of merging this thread and the 'convective discussion' threads together, saves duplicate threads, and/or diluted posts...

cheers

AJ

Posted

Certainly did thanks. Pity it took 3 hours to get home!

I may get a chance to go down the sea front tomorrow. Always good on windy days.

Bad luck with your journey home!

I'm tempted to head down to Newhaven Harbour to watch the waves crash over the sea wall. Paul Sherman and I have been there before for the very same reason. Also may see some interesting convective skyscapes and you never know a tornado or waterspout . However, it maybe best to stay at home if the winds are too strong, as the roads will probably be covered in branches, flying debris, etc.

Posted

Wow ive never seen moderate risk used before, only slight! Moderate chance over southern England is awesome!!

hope i get to see high risk of severe convection used one day!!

Having seen a friends roof stripped to the rafters in a tornado in Bognor some years ago now I am afraid I don't look on them with such gleeful anticipation. Just a F10 possibly F11 is plenty for me thanks very much.

The wind has settled down here to a steady Gale 8 gusting 9 at the moment. I wouldn't mind it rising a bit more though, at the moment it is a bit boring with just the letterbox rattling.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The wind here seems nothing compared to what other stations near here are reporting? :lol:

Update

Saturday 3am,

Saturday 9am,

Saturday 9pm,

This is a wind map I have made it predicts the highest gusts for Saturday.

Now that you have a map of where to expect wind speeds you can also look here http://maps.google.c...01&ll=55.478853,-3.47168&spn=11.748729,28.256836&z=5

That is a map I created it shows all the members who wish to be listed on it, its useful for times like now to check who's near your location or who is in the storms path.

Hope you enjoy this and find it helpful it takes a lot of time to do.