Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welsh Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Can't see that image because of the college's firewall. Stupid thing.

Any frozen snow arounf over the Beacons? anyone?

its looking pretty white just north of cardiff shaun! so id sure bet brecon has a good chance.

Posted

Hmm i don't trust the BBC one bit its like SOUTH EAST, SOUTH EAS,T LONDON ,SOUTH EAST, SCOTLAND WALES AND IRELAND OR LIKE FIVE SECONDS THEN TH EFORECAST FINISHES. I have lost a bit of hope today wasn't expecting tomorrow night to pan out so marginal, What about tonight for us here then shaun what are your takes on things? and you Jackone? some showers coming of the west coast dya reckon they will produce anything?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Just took a look at the metoffice site, for us advisories still only North Wales is covered at this moment in time.

Although im still thinking backedge snow early hours of Sunday for Wales with the hills getting a few cm's i think.

Posted

Just took a look at the metoffice site, for us advisories still only North Wales is covered at this moment in time.

Although im still thinking backedge snow early hours of Sunday for Wales with the hills getting a few cm's i think.

That's a downgrade though, yesterday it was looking like a fairly likely snow event now its edging away slowly but surly, just as this whole week has panned out tbh, Yes fair enough its -3 atm and its a very cold day but nothing to get excited about imo.

Posted

That's a downgrade though, yesterday it was looking like a fairly likely snow event now its edging away slowly but surly, just as this whole week has panned out tbh, Yes fair enough its -3 atm and its a very cold day but nothing to get excited about imo.

I doubt we'll get anything significant from it but better than nothing I suppose. You might have a better chance from showers on Sunday/Monday.

Posted

I doubt we'll get anything significant from it but better than nothing I suppose. You might have a better chance from showers on Sunday/Monday.

Even them showers are being played down now? NOT good at all.

Posted

The mild sector in the west has been shown for a while to be fair but a rain to snow event seems quite possible for us. Areas high up always having the best chance of seeing more in the way of snow.

Posted

Can't see that image because of the college's firewall. Stupid thing.

Any frozen snow arounf over the Beacons? ,anyone?

Snow around story arm about a 1cm .Good news met advisory for snow reaching north wales around 7pm saturday aroun 2 to 5cms forecaste,A couple of hrs snow forecasted. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Even them showers are being played down now? NOT good at all.

Agh dissapointed here Adam, clear now and probably for the rest of the day.

There is a system/lump of precip up over Scotland... I don't know what that's doing ...

www.raintoday.co.uk - take a look Adam (PM system not working :lol: again )

Posted

I got to disagree with you because of the timing of the snow (after dark)i cant see anything but snow with daytime temps of 2c.

Posted

I got to disagree with you because of the timing of the snow (after dark)i cant see anything but snow with daytime temps of 2c.

Now That was my initial fought, I'm not a pessimist maybe it's the Met that are handling the situation rather poorly who knows i mean that shower in Portablbot etc would have warranted a warning in the South East, I think I'll start an Anti Met office group :lol:. Tomorrow shall tell i suppose let's hope the band is delayed an hour or so hence increasing the chances of it being snow from the offset.

Agh dissapointed here Adam, clear now and probably for the rest of the day.

There is a system/lump of precip up over Scotland... I don't know what that's doing ...

www.raintoday.co.uk - take a look Adam (PM system not working :) again )

Hmm if that made its way down here I would eat my hat unlikely IMO. Waht about the showers to the West tonight?

Posted

Now That was my initial fought, I'm not a pessimist maybe it's the Met that are handling the situation rather poorly who knows i mean that shower in Portablbot etc would have warranted a warning in the South East, I think I'll start an Anti Met office group :p. Tomorrow shall tell i suppose let's hope the band is delayed an hour or so hence increasing the chances of it being snow from the offset.

Hmm if that made its way down here I would eat my hat unlikely IMO. Waht about the showers to the West tonight?

Good idea with the group but I think BBC are worse as you said! It's disgusting, they go through the day showing South East then quickly skim over the rest of the UK.

Posted

Now That was my initial fought, I'm not a pessimist maybe it's the Met that are handling the situation rather poorly who knows i mean that shower in Portablbot etc would have warranted a warning in the South East, I think I'll start an Anti Met office group :p. Tomorrow shall tell i suppose let's hope the band is delayed an hour or so hence increasing the chances of it being snow from the offset.

No showers tonight -4 to - 6 though clear and dry.Seen sky forcaste said the same 3 to 5cms saturday night reacing s wales around 10pm.

Posted

No showers tonight -4 to - 6 though clear and dry.Seen sky forcaste said the same 3 to 5cms saturday night reacing s wales around 10pm.

Sky arent a rated weather forecaster imo, Met ofice seem to reckon there will be shower reachin western Wales before dawn tomorrow and the radar would seem to back this up because there ae alot of showers in the Irish sea and with the wind switichng to more a northerly/Nwesterly, these should pep up and move inland. That's the usual senario during these setups anyway. Wether it will materialise is a nother thing.

Posted

Meto warnings for snow in every county of Wales, exept Ceredigion (lol, you guys! - I'll be near Bristol anyway) for Sunday. Meto Warnings

Edit: My mistake, the warning is for ice.

Edited by risk of sleet

Posted

Meto warnings for snow in every county of Wales, exept Ceredigion (lol, you guys! - I'll be near Bristol anyway) for Sunday. Meto Warnings

not exactly the warnings we wanted to see though - widespread ice!! lot of cloud built up here in last 30 mins - still minus 4

Posted

Dyna beth oeddwn i'n mynd i ddweud, Rhybudd am ia ac nid eira :wallbash:

That's what i was going to say warning of ice and not Snow

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html?day=3

Posted

Dyna beth oeddwn i'n mynd i ddweud, Rhybudd am ia ac nid eira :wallbash:

That's what i was going to say warning of ice and not Snow

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html?day=3

God sake, got excited and a bit more hopeful for about 30 seconds until I read.

Hopefully the wind will become more Northely as soon as possible... if this happens I have a good feeling there will be some showers,

Posted

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of the south of the UK on Sunday morning. There is a risk of widespread ice on untreated surfaces following a band of rain, sleet and snow which is expected to clear south overnight.

Issued at: 1215 Fri 18 Dec

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wl/wl_forecast_warnings.html

Wintry mix with snow on the backedge i think for South Wales.

Posted

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Wintry mix with snow on the backedge i think for South Wales.

theres a lovely dirty snow cloud building up on the mountains to the east of my house, nothing yet though, but thats being too hopeful!!

Posted

What's your location mate?

i am at upper boat, pontypridd, to my east is eglywsilan mountain and senghenydd, approx 300 asl

i am at upper boat, pontypridd, to my east is eglywsilan mountain and senghenydd, approx 300 asl

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo2.php?nh=&carte=1594&ech=12 is looking very promising for sunday (+48h) morning 1am - look at that band coming down from the north

anyone with more experience able to interpret that?