Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welsh Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

We've just had a few dark cumulus pass over us in Newport, but it's all sunny again. Seems a bit more dark cloud to the east, but losing hope. wallbash.gif

Posted

We've just had a few dark cumulus pass over us in Newport, but it's all sunny again. Seems a bit more dark cloud to the east, but losing hope. wallbash.gif

Here is a radar pic, hope I don't get in trouble for posting it.

Feel free to remove mods.

post-6426-12611426771742_thumb.jpg

Posted

Dyma fel dwi'n gweld y tywydd o heddiw hyd ddydd Sul.

This is how I see the weather from today to Sunday.

Heno/Tonight

Noson clir ar y cyfan gyda rhew trwchus dros y wlad i gyd, tymheredd ar ei isaf tua -6 ac yn gyffredinol o gwmpas -4/-5. Wrth i'r noson ymestyn disgwylir cawodydd gaeafol yn ymledu draw o'r gorllewin gyda'r gwynt yn troi'n gogleddol/gogledd orllewinol. Dylai siroedd megis Penfro/Sir Gaeryrddin/Ceredigion, Gwynedd a Môn gweld y cawodydd yma cyn i'r dydd gwario gyda ambell i gawod eira drwm dros Eryri a Phreseli.

A Clear night on the whole with a thick frost all over the country, minimum tempreature around -6 and generally around -4/-5. As the night stretches wintry showers are expected to spread across the west as the wind turns north / north west. Counties such as Pembrokeshire / Carmarthenshire / Ceredigion, Gwynedd and Anglesey are most at risk before day breaks with occasional heavy snow showers over Snowdonia and Preseli.

Dydd Sadwrn/Saturday

Diwrnod cawodlyd iawn yn y gogledd a'r gorllewin gyda ambell i ysbaid heulog. Yn sych ar y cyfan yn y diwrnod gydag ambell gawod eira ysgafn yn y bore yn enwedig dros fannau Brycheiniog. Diwrnod oer gyda'r tymheredd ar ei uchel yn 3 gradd C. Rhew caled i ddechrau'r bore yn y de a'r dwyrain ac yn hwyr yn y prynhawn hefyd. Wrth iddi nosi disgwyli'r i system ymledu lawr o'r gogledd gyda eira trwm mewn mannau o'r gogledd. Wrth i hyn ymledu lawr at y dde mae 'na ychydig o gymhlethod ynglŷn a'r system innau eira/eirlaw neu law. Yn bersonol rwy'n rhagweld eira ym mhob man mewn dir o'r arfordiroedd ond mae'n sefyllfa anodd i'w ddynodi ac felly mae pob man yng Nghymru gyda'r risg o weld rhywfaint o eira gyda'r nos.

Very showery day in the north and west with a few sunny spells. It should be dry on the whole with occasional light snow showers in the morning in the eastern half of Wales, especially over areas of the Brecon Beacons. Cold day with high temperatures no higher than 3 degrees C. Hard Frost early and late in the south and east which might not lift. As night falls a front is expected to spread down from the north with heavy snow in parts of North Wales. As this spread down to the Southern half of Wales it's tricky to determine whether it will all as snow/sleet or Rain. I personally predict snow everywhere in land from the coast but the situation is marginal to call, all areas in Wales in my opinion ar at risk of seeing some snow during the night.

Dydd Sul / Sunday

Llawer o gawodydd eira o gwmpas arfordiroedd y gorllewin a'r gogledd heddiw. Bydd rhai yn ymledu ymhell dros Gymru ar brydiau a gellir ddisgwyl i'r eira orffwys mewn unrhyw le i ffwrdd o'r arfordiroedd. Gall tua 10 centimetr syrthio mewn mannau cyn iddi nosi. Y tymheredd ar ei uchaf tua dwy radd C. Eto bydd y tymheredd yn brwydro i godi yn uwch na'r rhew bwynt mewn dir. Gwyntoedd cymedrol tua'r prynhawn ac yn gryf mewn unrhyw gawodydd o eira.

Plenty of Snow showers around the Western and Northern coasts today. These will feed ar inland across Wales at times and a covering can be expected anywhere away from coastal regions. As much as 10 centimeters couldall in places before night falls. The tempreature at its highest around 2 degreees C. Again the tempreature will be struggling to get much above the freezing point inland. Moderate winds in the afternoon and strong in any snow showers.

Posted

Here is a radar pic, hope I don't get in trouble for posting it.

Feel free to remove mods.

post-6426-12611426771742_thumb.jpg

Looking promising, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

BBC Wales weather shows the risk of some sleet/snow showers early tomorrow mostly in the West.

The band of rain/sleet and snow coming from the north later on saturday into early sunday.

Then the risk of Snow showers on Sunday for North Wales also showing a fair few further South.

Posted

I am confident most places of Wales away from the West/South West will see a spell of snow tomorrow night. A covering is possible especially over the hills, perhaps an inch or 2 and maybe 3 inches on the mountains.

Posted

I am confident most places of Wales away from the West/South West will see a spell of snow tomorrow night. A covering is possible especially over the hills, perhaps an inch or 2 and maybe 3 inches on the mountains.

new severe weather warning posted on met office site covering most of the country, sorry if its a repost! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_warnings.html?day=3

Posted

Saturday night looking good. :)

The showers heading south west currently and fizzling out by the time they hit the welsh boarder so it's unlikely the south-east will see much Today. Few sprinkles from a passing cloud maybe? :)

Posted

Saturday night looking good. :D

The showers heading south west currently and fizzling out by the time they hit the welsh boarder so it's unlikely the south-east will see much Today. Few sprinkles from a passing cloud maybe? :clap:

Bydd cyfeiriad y Gwynt yn troi heno felly yn dod o'r gorllewin yn lle

The wind direction will turn tonight so the showers will roll in from the West.

Posted

its as dead as a dodo in here

Posted

12z seems okay, but again, that initial Precipitation will probably be rain/sleet except in the north of Wales. I got a feeling it will readily and quickly turn to snow for all of Wales. Maybe coastal locations may suffer a little.

West Wales could be up to 5 Degrees (I heard GFS over does coastal a bit).

Dew points should fall quickly with South East Wales last to get those Dew Points down.

Posted

Winds more North-west now and showers off Irish sea beginning to come a shore in North Wales.

Clear and -0.3C in S. Wales and dew point -3.6C.

Hope this results in some snow showers late evening. :whistling:

Posted

Winds more North-west now and showers off Irish sea beginning to come a shore in North Wales.

Clear and -0.3C in S. Wales and dew point -3.6C.

Hope this results in some snow showers late evening. :whistling:

Beth yw dy leoliad di?

What's your location mate?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

hopefully those showers will beef up in irish sea and push into west wales later

Posted

For Saturday night's snow, Darren Bett on BBC earlier said 2-4 inches and ITV Wales regional weather said 1-2 inches on lower ground and 2-4 inches on higher ground.

Posted

12z seems okay, but again, that initial Precipitation will probably be rain/sleet except in the north of Wales. I got a feeling it will readily and quickly turn to snow for all of Wales. Maybe coastal locations may suffer a little.

West Wales could be up to 5 Degrees (I heard GFS over does coastal a bit).

Dew points should fall quickly with South East Wales last to get those Dew Points down.

So sorry but no chance of 5c max of 2c all day possibility of 3 in west wales.

Posted

From what I can work out from the 12z there's going to be a period of heavy snow overnight saturday for most of Wales and then snow showers on sunday and the 12z also continues the cold theme right through to the new year with a possible snow fall overnight xmas eve!!

Posted

From what I can work out from the 12z there's going to be a period of heavy snow overnight saturday for most of Wales and then snow showers on sunday and the 12z also continues the cold theme right through to the new year with a possible snow fall overnight xmas eve!!

Wow wow pwylla ffrind :whistling:

wOW NOW LOL

That;s a little far ahead hehe but it certainly does look good :unknw:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well, at least there is very cold air in place, did not think yesterday that I would be getting maxima only just above freezing the next day, and could be very low tonight depending on if the cloud keeps away and the wind is light enough.

I think should remain in this type of air we are a safe bet for snowfalls, its just these pesky warm sectors up north (usually we would be grateful of a northerly...no) - at least they are still relatively cold!

Posted

Theres a possibility that tuesday a warm front will try to edge into swales which could cause blizzards weatheronline and other sites had hinted at this taking place.

Posted

Theres a possibility that tuesday a warm front will try to edge into swales which could cause blizzards weatheronline and other sites had hinted at this taking place.

Could you post some links to the pages please

Posted

Wow wow pwylla ffrind tongue.gif

wOW NOW LOL

That;s a little far ahead hehe but it certainly does look good smile.gif

Things may well change (as the low res part of the computer models are only for general trends), but other more experienced forcasters have been talking about the difficulty of moving this very cold air even with a strong atlantic and a possible re-load of what we have now with a high pressure block positioned towards greenland pulling in more cold weather from the continent.