Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welsh Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

I don't mean to be rude but surly there was more traffic on in february and things just contained themselves this is pathetic atm with the forum with all due respect.

Posted

Both ECM and UKMO look good for extending cold spell until Christmas, much better than GFS.

John kettley on the radio no chance of a white xmas in south uk possibility for glasgow incredible bold statement considering how forecasters hate to give week ahead.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I don't mean to be rude but surly there was more traffic on in february and things just contained themselves this is pathetic atm with the forum with all due respect.

Poeni dim. I think they try their best.

Posted

That was a heavy shower, didn't last long but gave a nice dusting everywhere - all the roofs, roads, paths etc are white. Looks nice and festive. Unexpected too.

As for next week, UKMO and ECM are better than GFS for cold and the GFS 12z op is a mild outlier.

MS_-352_ens.png

Posted

Poeni dim. I think they try their best.

Dwi'n gwybod eu bod nhw'n treial eu gorau ond gyda thwf ddiweddar yn y safle yma basech chi'n meddwl eu bod nhw wedi ystyried hyn ac felly diweddaru'r serfers.

I know that they are trying their best but with the recent grouth of the site you would think that eu would have considered this and updated the servers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just had some light snow here in bridgend, only lasting a few seconds as it was from the edge of a shower, hope to get more snow tonight!

Posted

BBC Wales Today said widespread snow Saturday is possible and showers Sunday. Yay!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

BBC Wales Today said widespread snow Saturday is possible and showers Sunday. Yay!

YAY!! yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Dwi'n gwybod eu bod nhw'n treial eu gorau ond gyda thwf ddiweddar yn y safle yma basech chi'n meddwl eu bod nhw wedi ystyried hyn ac felly diweddaru'r serfers.

I know that they are trying their best but with the recent grouth of the site you would think that eu would have considered this and updated the servers.

New Servers are set be on on line tomorrow morning.

Bydd Serfers yn dod online yn ystod bore fory.

Apparently the A470 is set to be closed between Merthyr and Brecon with 3-4 inches of snow from the 1 shower, with this set clearing Port Talbot shortly.

ECM for Christmas Day looks very interesting indeed with easterly winds ahead of a front pushing up form the south.

Posted

New Servers are set be on on line tomorrow morning.

Bydd Serfers yn dod online yn ystod bore fory.

Apparently the A470 is set to be closed between Merthyr and Brecon with 3-4 inches of snow from the 1 shower, with this set clearing Port Talbot shortly.

ECM for Christmas Day looks very interesting indeed with easterly winds ahead of a front pushing up form the south.

if this came off would ths mean more snow for us?

Posted

All depends when it happens and how strong the cold still is to hold on against the usual Atlantic onslaught - but a lot of snow is very possible

Posted

ECM interesting for Xmas day but FI is Monday at the moment. Certainly good potential for a channel low + battleground snow for Wales though next week...

Posted

That's what Derek said on the forecast just before 7.

I heard him too but I'm in Merthyr near storey arms and got that shower quite well too looking at radar and only had a dusting.

Posted

Ooooh. I think this happened early last year when a system from the south moved up against the cold, further north than anticipated, and gave us a 2nd day of heavy snow (was a Thurs and Fri in Feb). The BBC were apologising for the error that evening :shok:.

But yes all depends on how much the cold air dominates during the period :D.

Posted

Watching the radar closely now as there seems to be a longer spell of snow coming aggressive.gif

Come on lets have a litte teaser before the big thing

Posted

got a covering here in maesteg. seems to be freezing solid as well.

not over the moon about it, because i'm a courier, so tomorrow looks like being FUN! :)

edit - OMG, what's the odds on that? me and CLH above joined the SAME day! :blink: :D

Edited by bennytes

Posted

http://www.meteogroup.com/int/home/weather/radar/united_kingdom.html

Updated every 15 mins.

Doesn't look like we'll get any/much Tonight. The showers from the North fizzle out by the time they reach the Midlands.

Posted

Just saw the Countryfile forecast. Nothing for South Wales until maybe Tuesday / wednesday when there could be a 'battle' between the cold air and a warm front moving up from the SW. I don't think they know whats going to happen - 'watch the forecasts' he said!

Edited by willitbsunny