Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

Oh well,

Over-all the most ever disappointing Easterly/North Easterly.

How and why them showers didn't push south is beyond me.

By the looks of it's they don't wanna shift south this morning aswell! BBC showed them pushing it South.

Bring on saturday lol :p

Lewis

Posted

no event for here also! and its only 30 miles north of here where its all happening!

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Sorry guys we got Snow here and LOTS of it.

Currently about 8 cm deep, and its still snowing, often very heavy.

Fun though was last night. Driving from Bradford to home at 8:30 pm, lots and lots of snow (about 2-3 cm already on the ground) and the wise council in charge of Keighley hadn't gritted! So the Bingley bypass etc was a 'fun' trip at 20 mph driving on ice the wholle way.

Posted

Sorry guys we got Snow here and LOTS of it.

Currently about 8 cm deep, and its still snowing, often very heavy.

Fun though was last night. Driving from Bradford to home at 8:30 pm, lots and lots of snow (about 2-3 cm already on the ground) and the wise council in charge of Keighley hadn't gritted! So the Bingley bypass etc was a 'fun' trip at 20 mph driving on ice the wholle way.

Congrats mate,

No need to be sorry! Mother Nature denied us this time around "again".

Lewis

Posted

any chance that these showers will push further south today?

They will at some point, sooner the better, but they wont penetrate inland, if they get too me, i still expect them to be just light showers.

Lewis

Posted

They will at some point, sooner the better, but they wont penetrate inland, if they get too me, i still expect them to be just light showers.

Lewis

it is hard to be optomistic but im sure there might be a suprise later when the sun gets up?

Posted

it is hard to be optomistic but im sure there might be a suprise later when the sun gets up?

We will start loosing the ENE flow come 12pm dinner time, so most of the showers will be out the North Sea, or sink across EA. Although i think generally they will stay off shore.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Glad to hear plenty in the N have got snow. I'm so annoyed here missing out with just a dusting!

Posted

Oh well,

Over-all the most ever disappointing Easterly/North Easterly.

How and why them showers didn't push south is beyond me.

By the looks of it's they don't wanna shift south this morning aswell! BBC showed them pushing it South.

Bring on saturday lol smile.gif

Lewis

I'd agree with that. I keep looking at the radar and there's a massive area between all the snow and it's typical Sheffield is in line with the blank area, and was exactly the same as yesterday. Even the northerly isn't going to bring anything for us neither! sad.gif

If these synoptics are the best for 20 years or whatever people have said then I'd rather have the 2 day topplers where I actually get something!

Sorry if I sound grumpy, lol. I'm happy (and jealous!) for you all whose got decent snowfall.

Posted

I'd agree with that. I keep looking at the radar and there's a massive area between all the snow and it's typical Sheffield is in line with the blank area, and was exactly the same as yesterday. Even the northerly isn't going to bring anything for us neither! sad.gif

If these synoptics are the best for 20 years or whatever people have said then I'd rather have the 2 day topplers where I actually get something!

Sorry if I sound grumpy, lol. I'm happy (and jealous!) for you all whose got decent snowfall.

Totally agree, we my have the best models in years, but the setups have been very poor, accept for N and S of us. Amazing what a LP system can do to you ain't it!

I think it's gunna be marginal for many round here on Saturday with dews expected to be around 2c when the precipitation hits. That's going by the 00z, so if i don't see any change in today's models i think I'm going to cool it off on here and spend more time with the family.

Over-all I'm hugely disappointed, but I could say I'm use too it lol.

Lewis

Posted

"Some bright or sunny spells but with further snow showers at times, particularly the Humber region. Very cold, inland temperatures close to freezing for much of the day but with lighter winds"

thats just updated for today!

"Further snow showers continue during the night, some heavy with further accumulations. The showers eventually die out by the end of the night."

thats for tonight!

where has that come from?????

Posted

Woke up at 06.30 to see wether a trip out with the camera would be worthit. It was a NO! just light showers overnight.

woke up at 07.30 and it was blizzard like! just easing now but we have 5-6 cm's now.

Temp -0.6C

Some great pics coming up :)

Posted

Woke up at 06.30 to see wether a trip out with the camera would be worthit. It was a NO! just light showers overnight.

woke up at 07.30 and it was blizzard like! just easing now but we have 5-6 cm's now.

Temp -0.6C

Some great pics coming up cold.gif

Where do you live?

Posted

"Some bright or sunny spells but with further snow showers at times, particularly the Humber region. Very cold, inland temperatures close to freezing for much of the day but with lighter winds"

thats just updated for today!

"Further snow showers continue during the night, some heavy with further accumulations. The showers eventually die out by the end of the night."

thats for tonight!

where has that come from?????

Yeah ive just noticed that forecast :) There is a nice dusting here with all the pavements and rooftops white.

Posted

Woke up to an un-impressive 5cm, i know most of you in South/East Yorkshire would love that. But i was really expecting the showers to last throughout the night, but after about 11pm that was it. The showers were further north.

Currently: Light to moderate snow

Temp: -2.4c

Saturday should bring 10cm+ widely to many areas, so something to look forward to.

Edit: Heavy snow now.

Edited by 10123