Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

It does look like the showers are very very slowly working there way southwards.

they are indeed :whistling:, id say 12-1am the fun will start :)

Posted

I really hope you are right, we have had very little here considering all the hype. I would love to wake up to at least a dusting in the morning.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Snowing in Leeds again.

M62 down to one lane in places J26-J24, and closed westbound J24-J22. Quite surprising, may be more to do with ice than snow ?

They designed the M62 24-20 section with the bad weather that the area was known for. It's why there's lighting on it now, as it was deemed necessary in the 80's.

I suspect the weather has caused accidents as people are not used to driving correctly in this weather anymore.

Posted

they are indeed :whistling:, id say 12-1am the fun will start :)

I hope we do get in on the action later mate,as it's been very frustrating so far :)

Posted

I hope we do get in on the action later mate,as it's been very frustrating so far smile.gif

Very frustrating, I always thought we would do quite well out of a North Easterly. North Yorshire seems to be getting a fair old pasting according to the radar.

Posted

I hope we do get in on the action later mate,as it's been very frustrating so far :whistling:

this happend last feb easterly when the humber got it in the morning!! i can confidently say that the showers are moving slightly south because they are starting to clip here in doncaster now! :)

Posted

Very frustrating, I always thought we would do quite well out of a North Easterly. North Yorshire seems to be getting a fair old pasting according to the radar.

We still could do well in the early hours,lets just hope the showers continue to move south.

Posted

2c temp with -6 dew here brrr, when the showers do hit i hope the dew rises closer to the temp otherwise it will be graupel and hail! lol

Your still adament that we will get something ain't you Lewis :cc_confused: I think its all starting to fragment - roll on the next round at weekend for me -very very poor this for a NE'er :bad:

Posted

Are the showers moving south? To me they seem to be heading into the same areas, really hope I am reading the radar wrong.

type in dn5 into the nw radar and look back for the past hour! see how they are starting to clip the location?

Posted

The real frustrating thing for me would be when we turn the tv on in the morning and every tv station will have a reporter out in the snow. Would love to join in on the fun when we all wake up. Can everyone access the NW radar as i thought it was a premium tool. I am using raintoday.co.uk

Posted

Your still adament that we will get something ain't you Lewis :cc_confused: I think its all starting to fragment - roll on the next round at weekend for me -very very poor this for a NE'er :bad:

I think from the very start this was always going to happen due to the LP SE of us, meto fax chart showed the trough starting to head down south around about now/midnight.

It's heading South that's for sure, the 18z showed the easterly feed lasting 3-6 hours longer, and it also showed the snow risk prolonged for our areas "although 9 times out of 10" i don't use the snow risk charts.

We have a chance over weekend, but sadly the 18z downgrades this with slighter warmer 850's and the northerly cutting off very quickly, I'm hoping it's an outlier, it may well be i think.

Next meto radar should show the showers quickly pushing south, i had some intermittent cloud cover here in East Hull, so somethings on the way.

I'll be staying up until 2-3am, if nothing has happened by then i'll go to bed and set an alarm on the weather station when i get sudden drops and sudden rises in temps (normally allocate it with showers).

Lewis

Posted

this happend last feb easterly when the humber got it in the morning!! i can confidently say that the showers are moving slightly south because they are starting to clip here in doncaster now! :cc_confused:

The bbc forecast showed snow showers around lincs and south youkshire in the morning, so they WILL move south at some point,but hopefully sooner rather than later to give us a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Whereabouts in Grimsby are u GSL? In Humberston here, already have a good dusting. And yes after all the hype - missing out yet again.

Edited by rikki

Posted

Wow consistant snow here in Morley leeds looking nice and White and it's getting deeper every hour

Posted

The real frustrating thing for me would be when we turn the tv on in the morning and every tv station will have a reporter out in the snow. Would love to join in on the fun when we all wake up. Can everyone access the NW radar as i thought it was a premium tool. I am using raintoday.co.uk

just clipping the end of the humber now!

post-1104-12610915572434_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

definate, but agonisingly slow movement of shower activity south - though it may take a while before getting this far south.

Posted

I'm using meteox.co.uk as it updates quicker :cc_confused:

Posted

Whereabouts in Grimsby are u GSL? In Humberston here, already have a good dusting. And yes after all the hype - missing out yet again.

Laceby road, near Bradley pub. We have dusting that has been blown about in the wind but nothing major.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

just clipping the end of the humber now!

post-1104-12610915572434_thumb.png

Looking likely that it will all miss us. Don't have premium netweather service here either. Is there any more coming across the North Sea into the wee hours?

Posted

I'll be staying up until 2-3am, if nothing has happened by then i'll go to bed

Lewis

Yeah i think i'll stay up until about that time and give things a chance to really get going.No later though unless things are looking good. :cc_confused:

Posted

Looking likely that it will all miss us. Don't have premium netweather service here either. Is there any more coming across the North Sea into the wee hours?

I ve just been shown this site meteox.co.uk and things look a little more promising for us here in Grimsby.