Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

nothing happening here - clear and bitter

Odd Graupel shower - when is the main band expected to hit as radar shows plenty of activity.

Swaton Sleaford

Posted

Halifax had a fairly good blast around half four, around 2 cm, snowing lightly on and off since.

Whats the chances of any more tonight?

Enjoy

rolleyes.gif

Posted

Halifax had a fairly good blast around half four, around 2 cm, snowing lightly on and off since.

Enjoy

rolleyes.gif

:lol:

Posted

Enjoy

rolleyes.gif

I reckon yal get a further 2-5cm tonight but sunday looks like being really good for us near the pennines. Could be a further 3-6 inches..

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

During busy periods when some user profile data is stripped, (location to be more precise)

It would be a great help if everyone finished of their "dittys" with their location?

-1° clear/slight cloud cover & breezy

Sheffield, SYorks. :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Had a really heavy shower 20 minutes ago here on the coast in Scarborough. Very quickly covered the roads but didn't last all that long. They are blowing through quite fast tonight.

Edited by Gorky

Posted

Hi, Browse the forum alot.. Heading over to Liverpool on Sunday from Leeds over the pennies what will the Weather be like? Will it be a no go?

Thanks in advance!

Posted

Anyone in the Scarborough/Bridlington area at the moment? Looks like some heavy snow showers are falling around there at the moment according to the radar

15 miles S of Scarborough, 10 miles due W of Brid and quiet since 1830. Line of showers running to S of Driffield currently, but heavier ones passing to N. Not pleasant driving on top the Wolds earlier, if this continues will be some road closures in the morning.

Langtoft. 70m amsl.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Hearing people are struggling in Sheffield already. This is with 1mm of snow. In the late seventies and early eighties you often had a week or more of much deeper snow and sheet ice on the roads. How did we cope???

Posted

nothing happening here - clear and bitter

Odd Graupel shower - when is the main band expected to hit as radar shows plenty of activity.

Swaton Sleaford

Same here, graupel shower about an hour ago, slight covering other than that very cold and windy, dont think we will get much some how.

Les

Posted

15 miles S of Scarborough, 10 miles due W of Brid and quiet since 1830. Line of showers running to S of Driffield currently, but heavier ones passing to N. Not pleasant driving on top the Wolds earlier, if this continues will be some road closures in the morning.

Langtoft. 70m amsl.

Thanks woldsowl and also to Gorky for his earlier post. The radar has been showing alot of activity around your area :good:

Edited by nimbus20

Posted

A couple of Centimetres now, not much but more than i have expected at this stage near the top of the m62.

Posted

Looks like i'm in the firing line, if it keeps up i would expect well over 15cm, although i doubt it as the Meto hasn't predicted even that much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Very blustery and cold in Louth tonight with light, intermittent snow showers, but no lying snow. yet.

Posted

Looks like i'm in the firing line, if it keeps up i would expect well over 15cm, although i doubt it as the Meto hasn't predicted even that much.

I think we're going to do well out of this: each shower is laying down more snow and this is the overture as far as we're concerned - our best time is over the weekend. Snowing again here at the moment. The model discussion thread is interesting for us northerners

Roundhay, Leeds

Posted

According to the 8:30 radar, I think the precipitation in n yorkshire is heading a little further south now, our showers atleast have become more frequent in the last hour or so.

Showers not moving south yet sadly.

Lewis

Posted

Showers not moving south yet sadly.

Lewis

Evening Lewis , long time no speak.

Hope you have seen plenty of the white stuff today .... showers few and far between here during daylight hours but currently have about 2cms lying and temp at minus 2.6 ... not bad considering its only 9pm ... the local prediction of minus 3 overnight lows will be surpassed im pretty sure !

As for further snow , i am looking at Sunday into monday for anything significant ;)

May I also add ... a white xmas ?? For our part of the world ... I am 70% sure we'll see more than a flake or two on the big day !!

Mike