Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I just took at look at meteox.co.uk, doesn't show much hope to me unless the wind changes drastically. :cc_confused:

Posted

Yeah i think i'll stay up until about that time and give things a chance to really get going.No later though unless things are looking good. :)

Intensity will not drop off, we still have an easterly feed until 9am tomorrow 12pm later. If you go back on all radars right back until 12pm this afternoon, you will see out in the N sea how the showers just keep reforming and intensifying, if it keeps that up we have nothing to worry about, LP near by still, so there's a lot of instability, convection will keep going all night, no problem.

Lewis

Posted

Wow consistant snow here in Morley leeds looking nice and White and it's getting deeper every hour

Im in Morley too mate, doesn`t look too shabby...sure they`re only showers but a nice covering non the less.:)

Posted

Just been reading the South East thread. (Ok i'm jealous

I'm listening to LBC and they're getting reports in of lightning - so, I'm jealous too :)

Edited by Rob W

Posted

Im in Morley too mate, doesn`t look too shabby...sure they`re only showers but a nice covering non the less.:)

I'm down the road in Normanton

A good fart could blow it away, we have a covering on all surfaces but now't really!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Intensity will not drop off, we still have an easterly feed until 9am tomorrow 12pm later. If you go back on all radars right back until 12pm this afternoon, you will see out in the N sea how the showers just keep reforming and intensifying, if it keeps that up we have nothing to worry about, LP near by still, so there's a lot of instability, convection will keep going all night, no problem.

Lewis

Things are definitely looking much better mate :) It shouldn't belong before you start getting something.

Posted

Things are definitely looking much better mate :) It shouldn't belong before you start getting something.

something is happening now because the wind is picking up here :)

just checked radar and you can see they are picking up a tad further south! more confident now!

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

This post contains radars from the Met office Radar which is Crown Copyright 2009 and should only be used for educational use only.

Right, this is what i mean, imagine all the showers moving SW from 12pm this afternoon, take a look at how for north they are on the 8pm radar

post-2644-12610931395816_thumb.jpg

The orientation changes by some 20-25 miles, with a southwards shift, judging by that i reckon the east Yorkshire and Hull/Humber area will see something around midnight, as i said earlier.

Posted

How much snow have you got where you are mate?

A dusting from earlier but there has been nothing since about 6ish.Looks like i could see some showers soon though or during the early hours.

Posted

Quite a nice covering here now. Again we get told that been at seal level we would get nothing and they are wrong

yet again. Very gusty still.

Posted

A dusting from earlier but there has been nothing since about 6ish.Looks like i could see some showers soon though or during the early hours.

I'm surprised at that, I thought you might have done a little bit better today.

I agree, there's still plenty of time left mate

I'm just getting the odd flurry at the moment

Posted

This post contains radars from the Met office Radar which is Crown Copyright 2009 and should only be used for educational use only.

Right, this is what i mean, imagine all the showers moving SW from 12pm this afternoon, take a look at how for north they are on the 8pm radar

post-2644-12610931395816_thumb.jpg

The orientation changes by some 20-25 miles, with a southwards shift, judging by that i reckon the east Yorkshire and Hull/Humber area will see something around midnight, as i said earlier.

yup yup because we have a light covering here around 0.5-1cm with the gradual shifting!

Posted

I'm in Scarborough too (Osgodby). The BBc got me really excited with their forecast but I must say I'm dissapointed so far! we've had loads of snow but it seems to be the real dry, powdery stuff that just blows away as soon as it lands! The radar still looks great though so fingers crossed for later! I want to get some good wintry pics tomorrow morning and this dusting just won't suffice! :rolleyes:

Posted

I'm in Scarborough too (Osgodby). The BBc got me really excited with their forecast but I must say I'm dissapointed so far! we've had loads of snow but it seems to be the real dry, powdery stuff that just blows away as soon as it lands! The radar still looks great though so fingers crossed for later! I want to get some good wintry pics tomorrow morning and this dusting just won't suffice! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed, i think you should get some better falls during the next 2 hours.

Reason why it's dry and powdery is the dew points are so low, and there's such a big difference.

lewis

Posted

I'm surprised at that, I thought you might have done a little bit better today.

I agree, there's still plenty of time left mate

I'm just getting the odd flurry at the moment

Ive been stuck in that gap all evening mate, but things are looking more promising finally.Could

be a late night tonight :(

Posted
Might get thundersnow from that baby.

It's possible. Several listeners have been contacting LBC, in London, to report they've seen lightning within the the areas of snow in the south east.

Posted

It's possible. Several listeners have been contacting LBC, in London, to report they've seen lightning within the the areas of snow in the south east.

I think i had seen your earlier post regarding that, it's very possible it could happen, where about it makes landfall though is another thing haha.

I still think the met offices "act now warning for the SE" is a lot over the top.

Lewis

Posted

I'm in Scarborough too (Osgodby). The BBc got me really excited with their forecast but I must say I'm dissapointed so far! we've had loads of snow but it seems to be the real dry, powdery stuff that just blows away as soon as it lands! The radar still looks great though so fingers crossed for later! I want to get some good wintry pics tomorrow morning and this dusting just won't suffice! :(

Hi. Live in town and its white over here. Lets hope it peps up tonight.

Posted

Lovely hook shower now out to the N sea, please please please hit me, i bet that holds some of the white stuff :(

Might get thundersnow from that baby.

hehe will hit for sure!