Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

I think we're going to do well out of this: each shower is laying down more snow and this is the overture as far as we're concerned - our best time is over the weekend. Snowing again here at the moment. The model discussion thread is interesting for us northerners

Roundhay, Leeds

Hi Skywatcher , I'm just down the road , so i take it you'll have about 2cm's of lying snow at the mo ? ;)) its all good , bring on them showers as i dont see much , if any melt tomorrow ... even in the sunshine !

Posted

Don't want to sound greedy, but I wish these showers were longer lasting. When a shower does arrive, the snow lays very

quicky.

I can't complain though ;)

Same here, but very nice covering :) even from the short showers... I little further north must be really bad now, shower feeding through the same locations for a few hours!

Posted

Don't want to sound greedy, but I wish these showers were longer lasting. When a shower does arrive, the snow lays very

quicky.

I can't complain though :)

Your lucky your getting something mate ;) I know it's early yet but i can't see the gap changing for at least a few hours yet,if at all.

Posted

Don't want to sound greedy, but I wish these showers were longer lasting. When a shower does arrive, the snow lays very quicky.

I can't complain though smile.gif

At least you have actually got some ;)

Posted

Blizzard conditions in Morley/Leeds already seen a bus struggle up Main Road! Hopefully it was continue for a while!

Posted

Radar is indicating one or two larger and more potent cells moving towards my area. This could be the first real significant snow, but they wont last long.

Posted

Don't want to sound greedy, but I wish these showers were longer lasting. When a shower does arrive, the snow lays very quicky.

I can't complain though :)

Oh go on Brian. Spoil yourself ;)

Posted

has noticed that the energy in the showers have transferd southwards a little so looking better for doncaster ;)

Posted

First time poster. In Grange Moor,nr Emley Moor Mast, white out up hear and looking lovely.

Good evening katieb1972 and welcome to the forum.

Snow always looks lovely when it falls fresh. Glad you are enjoying it ;)

Posted

Currently 1.4C with a dewpoint of -5.3C, but a shower hasnt passed over in hours. We have a slight dusting and thats it, cant believe we're in a gale force north-easterly with a warm North Sea and -10C 850hPa air and still theres no showers over us.

Hopefully those potent ones will move south overnight.

Posted

Good evening katieb1972 and welcome to the forum.

Snow always looks lovely when it falls fresh. Glad you are enjoying it :diablo:

Thanx Nimbus20, I am going outside for a ciggi, will not think its that lovely when I am outside I bet. Brrrrrr!!!

Posted

Currently 1.4C with a dewpoint of -5.3C, but a shower hasnt passed over in hours. We have a slight dusting and thats it, cant believe we're in a gale force north-easterly with a warm North Sea and -10C 850hPa air and still theres no showers over us.

1.4 !!! Geepers .... where are you ?? its minus 2.8 here now !

Not looking forward to 6am and trying to scrape the snow and ice from the car :diablo:(

Edited by mickpips

Posted

1.4 !!! Geepers .... where are you ?? its minus 2.8 here now !

Not looking forward to 6am and trying to scrape the snow and ice from the car :diablo:(

Hedon, East Yorks.

The higher temperature is due to the warming effect from the North Sea and the strong wind, we're around 9 miles away by crow here.

Posted

That gap is quite funny, everywhere from edinborough just to the north of hull is seeing showers, then there is a massive gap, then it starts from Norfolk right down the South East :diablo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looking nice and white in my locale, if only the showers would keep going for longer than we really would have a nice covering. Very gusty outside so I guess drifting would occur if we did have continuous snowfall. But for now nothing more than a generous dusting... and the added bonus is no sleet or hail.

Locale: Grimsby..... how come I can't see Locales today and I can't change my profile? :diablo: Well correction; I can in a roundabout way.

Edited by rikki

Posted

Hedon, East Yorks.

The higher temperature is due to the warming effect from the North Sea and the strong wind, we're around 9 miles away by crow here.

Yeah it's 2C here in immingham, my dew point is -6. Had a few decent snow showers earlier but nothing since about 4pm, shocking really how the showers have avoided this area. Atleast it should be an easy trip to Grimsby in the morning.

Edited by Matt Jones

Posted

The area of precipitation over North and East Yorkshire seems to be getting its act together and looks rather more organised than earlier. It is moving very slowly but very erratically south.

Posted

Took a couple more pics about ten minutes ago smile.gif

Blame my daughter for the quality - Mark Bayley will know

what I mean biggrin.gif

I might tell her you said that when i next speak to her shok.gif:diablo:

Good pic though, you seeing frequent snow showers then?

Posted

I agree mate -We seem to be in a groove down the middle of a snow fest and in that groove is jack - unreal I've never known a NE like it ! :diablo: