Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

Currently -1.1°c, with about a ½ inch of snow on the ground and being periodically added to by passing showers - some of which have been heavy.

Posted

Updated MetO forecast for the East Midlands tonight is much more encouraging.

Edit:

Ooops wrong thread!

Edited by Polar Low

Posted

Heavy Snow showers here most of the day, not bad considerind i'm about 30 miles from the west coast.

I should get some nice photos tommorow if i get time.

Posted

Heavy Snow showers here most of the day, not bad considerind i'm about 30 miles from the west coast.

I should get some nice photos tommorow if i get time.

Absolutly belting it down with snow now! In the space of five minutes the roads are covered.

Snowfall rates of 1-2 inches an hour now :lol: untill the shower moves on

Posted

Don't know the limit to the pivit on the low pressure system to the SE of us, but has anyone noticed an organized band of heavy showers pushing NW :S Could it be that trough, don't make sense. But as it's going its got a b line for N lins and Humberside/East Yorkshire.

Lewis

Posted

Has anyone watched Michael Fish's forecast? Unfortuantely for me it looks like it's going to be a non-event (for my area). Maybe a slight covering of snow but that's it, which is very dissapointing after all the hype and the people opinions I respect saying these synoptics being brilliant etc :-( Good luck to everyone else though, looks like you should see some

Posted

Dusting of snow graupels here but otherwise nothing very notable apart from the wind which is very strong and gusty at the moment

Posted

Absolutly belting it down with snow now! In the space of five minutes the roads are covered.

Snowfall rates of 1-2 inches an hour now :( untill the shower moves on

Nice to hear your doing well too Jed, i did'nt really expect to get a good covering like we have now.

These showers are really penetrating so deep they are reaching the west coast too.

Winter wonderland returns. :(

Posted

Just a slight dusting so far, expecting the odd one or two flurries tonight perhaps leaving up to a cm on the ground. No to bad :( Places further east perhaps seeing up to 5cm IMO

Posted

Ummm,

All the precipitation seems to North or South of us.

I think this will change come later tonight, but at the moment tis not looking great. But i'm happy as i had some snow showers :(

Good luck everyone, i hope your hard earned patience pays off.

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

A few pics from Bents Green in Sheffield.

Persistent light flurries all morning gave way to sunnier, colder conditions this afternoon with 2 notable heavy snow showers giving a dusting.

The side roads around here are atrocious.

post-1042-12610711126854_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12610711237857_thumb.jpg

post-1042-12610711359261_thumb.jpg

Posted

Ummm,

All the precipitation seems to North or South of us.

I think this will change come later tonight, but at the moment tis not looking great. But i'm happy as i had some snow showers :(

Good luck everyone, i hope your hard earned patience pays off.

Lewis

2 mins after posting this, and met office launch a severe weather warning for me and N lins - 5-10 cm :(

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/yh_forecast_warnings.html

Posted

Hail and snow graupels falling yet again. If this wind were to drop then conditions could change greatly.

Posted

Nice to hear your doing well too Jed, i did'nt really expect to get a good covering like we have now.

These showers are really penetrating so deep they are reaching the west coast too.

Winter wonderland returns. :clap:

Yes and from the looks of the latest radar, the real big boys (showers) are just starting to push in :)

Should be an interesting drive to work tommorow at 4:30am lol and even better, il be working outside in addingham at around 900ft lol.

Posted

Radar clearly showing something more organised coming off the coast in North Yorkshire and also North Norfolk. Just this annoying gap in between :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Heavy snow falling here and has been on and off for the last hour. Theres about 2-3cm down atm but doesn't look like stopping. Oh I'm not at home in Derby i'm staying overnight near Halifax up on top of a hill.

Supposed to be back in Derby for work tomorrow... lets hope I get snowed in :clap:

Posted

Radar clearly showing something more organised coming off the coast in North Yorkshire and also North Norfolk. Just this annoying gap in between wallbash.gif

Yes, been watching that gap for some time :clap:

Posted

Radar clearly showing something more organised coming off the coast in North Yorkshire and also North Norfolk. Just this annoying gap in between :clap:

I would not worry about that, your location has certainly got more chance of proper lying snow than mine has. I've currently got a dusting on the grass mostly so i'm sure you can beat that with one heavy snow shower :)

Posted

Just on the edge of a shower at the moment, and there seems to be plenty more, which are waiting in the wings, according to the current radar :clap:

(bows gracefully) Good evening Lord Graupel. Hope you and Lady Graupel are well. Yes I am back and looking forward to seeing some snow, and by the look of the radar your area seems favoured :)

Posted

2 mins after posting this, and met office launch a severe weather warning for me and N lins - 5-10 cm :)

Curse of the weather warnings mate :clap:

Posted

2 mins after posting this, and met office launch a severe weather warning for me and N lins - 5-10 cm :)

If this comes off I would say you have called this pretty well Lewis TBH mate - we have a covering now after a 10 minute heavy shower bang on hometime ! :clap:

Posted

Hi Mark what's it like in Creswell im at my parents in Dronfield & it is snowing pretty heavily.

Just had a really heavy show shower, can report from friends via facebook that its now snowing quite heavy in barlborough. Now just the odd flake with it clearing, should be few more showers over night so a couple of cm's possible i would have thought. What ever is on the ground now is what i have to walk to the bus stop in the morning seems as though its not going to melt biggrin.gif

Edited by mark bayley