Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Good to hear heavy snow in the North East, you do deserve the snow and hopefully when it tracks southwards it will keep its level of intensity up. How much has fallen so far?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

How long is this snow band going to last in my area? it started at 5 :)

Posted

Looks like it will last more than an hour to me however the main intensity will soon go however i would not rule out the bacl edge of the front to pep up.

Flakes are slightly bigger here now in Leam Lane and the best covering of the cold spell i have seen now(yes, it has not been as good snow-wise for me compare to others) so let's hope it continues for an hour or two.

Looks like your prediction is coming true, lot more yellows and greens on the back end where before it was blue

Posted

Looks like your prediction is coming true, lot more yellows and greens on the back end where before it was blue

That's good to hear John, the met office radar also shows that the back edge may pep up a little bit.

Intensity has eased up here but i would say it's coming down in the moderate intensity, every snowflake helps. <_<

Posted

How accurate is the net weather 5 min radar ? if for instance there is a red or purple spot over a place can it be taken as gospel or is Met Office radar more accurate ?

iv'e never seen flakes as big as that.awesome lol.

I know I'm gatecrashing the NE party, but I just wanted to see how the front we saw this afternoon was doing now. It is very interesting that you and others have posted about huge snowflakes, some of the Scottish members in the north and east reported huge flakes too. An active front <_< :D:)

Posted

How accurate is the net weather 5 min radar ? if for instance there is a red or purple spot over a place can it be taken as gospel or is Met Office radar more accurate ?

NET WEATHER everytime.

NET WEATHER everytime.

Again, sorry to gatecrash (and this is my final post here) but I thought NW's radar came from the Met-O?? It's just the high resolution version? Maybe TWS can help on this one :) :)

Posted

I know I'm gatecrashing the NE party, but I just wanted to see how the front we saw this afternoon was doing now. It is very interesting that you and others have posted about huge snowflakes, some of the Scottish members in the north and east reported huge flakes too. An active front :) :) :)

they were the size of apples,in 42 years iv'e never seen the like.

Posted

Looks like a reload later for you guys too, those beefy showers off NW Scotland look like they going to head towards the NE and seem to be merging into a much bigger band of snow

Posted

Flakes are tiny now but intensity only dropped slightly, shame the flakes could not be as big all the way through the band as they were in the beginning but never mind.

Decent covering here in leam lane now, going back to Pelaw soon, should be interesting.

Posted

snow started at 4:30. Was heavy for 20 mins, the rest has been light. about 3cm of snow fallen in Newcsastle.

-0.2oC

Posted

Still heavy snow here,must say i'm a bit disappointed with the met office for not getting a warning out sooner,should have had a watch out yesterday,rather than issuing a warning 2 hours before the snow started.:)

Posted

hello all on this thread, i have ralatives coming down from Hartlepool tomorrow, anyone got idea what its like there as i don't know locations to whose close??

Thanks in advance

Posted

hello all on this thread, i have ralatives coming down from Hartlepool tomorrow, anyone got idea what its like there as i don't know locations to whose close??

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Its not too bad, side roads are snowy/icy but the main roads are fine.