Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The No Snow Club

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I want some snow and a foot stomping, it's not fair smiley (with a grumpy face).

Posted

Greetings from Shrewsbury, the headquarters of the No Snow Club. One 15-minute snow grain shower on Thursday and the same for 2 minutes yesterday lunchtime, before the front from the north moved in last night and gave nothing but rain. Even though it hadn't been above 2C for three days and the soil was still frozen, it rained and didn't even sleet. Just the latest in a long series of letdowns (eg 2008 no lying snow all year, last Feb a max of 5cm when most places had 10-15, countless times when it's snowed 15 mles away and not here....).

Have you still got no snow there in Shrewsbury?

I've cousins who used to live there and they said they used to often get a metre of snow there about 25 years ago! They lived on higher ground in Shropshire.

Here in Dublin, we just got 1cm of snow on New Year's Eve. Although it's still lying, that's all we've got so far. This cold snap is too dry for my liking!!

Posted

17 days consecutive snow cover, certain to be 18 days because it won't melt by the morning - it's just not funny anymore.

Damn, wrong thread again.

Posted

Have you still got no snow there in Shrewsbury?

I've cousins who used to live there and they said they used to often get a metre of snow there about 25 years ago! They lived on higher ground in Shropshire.

Here in Dublin, we just got 1cm of snow on New Year's Eve. Although it's still lying, that's all we've got so far. This cold snap is too dry for my liking!!

We had 1cm overnight 23/4 Dec and 0.5cm yesterday evening; that's been it. Neither lasted more than 24 hours, although today and Dec 24 were both "mornings with snow lying" according to the official definition so we've been spared another winter with none of those (like happened in 2007/8, 1999/00, 1992/3 and 1991/2).

"Higher ground in Shropshire" is a different planet to Shrewsbury when it comes to snow; I presume your cousins lived somewhere like Stiperstones or Ratlinghope (where the postal address is Shrewsbury)- those areas have had about 8 days of snowcover and 10-15cm of it, to show how different they are from Shrewsbury.

Posted

Well light snow is being reported around the West Midlands and I've got rain again. Washing away the frost that was starting to form earlier.

I don't like this cold spell...its just not working out!

Posted

We had 1cm overnight 23/4 Dec and 0.5cm yesterday evening; that's been it. Neither lasted more than 24 hours, although today and Dec 24 were both "mornings with snow lying" according to the official definition so we've been spared another winter with none of those (like happened in 2007/8, 1999/00, 1992/3 and 1991/2).

"Higher ground in Shropshire" is a different planet to Shrewsbury when it comes to snow; I presume your cousins lived somewhere like Stiperstones or Ratlinghope (where the postal address is Shrewsbury)- those areas have had about 8 days of snowcover and 10-15cm of it, to show how different they are from Shrewsbury.

I'm not that au fait with the topography of Shropshire. However, I can tell you that they used to live in a village called 'Much Wenlock' and owned 'The Wenlock Edge Inn', which, since changing hands, trades under a new name (which I don't know).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Yep no snow here either,but still hoping!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Can i join? lol, we had 1cm on friday night, thats it, i hate it when you see on the news parts of of the UK that have loads of snow, and then here we get nothing. Gets a bit annoying after a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

hello

well im going to join im at the bottom of cornwall and we have had no snow at all......been waiting must passes us by grrrrr......so unfair, and hampshire are gonna get loads come wed thurs fri, bet we will get nothing again...............

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Everything is green outside and ~3 inches of RAIN this week. No proper snow on the horizon either.

I dont think we will get the snow forecast this week!! oh well maybe better luck later in the month.

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Everything is green outside and ~3 inches of RAIN this past 2 weeks. No proper snow on the horizon either.

Bloody hell, you've been unlucky not to get at least some snow at 700ft!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'd like to join the club as well. As having nothing more than a pitiful dusting with showers seemingly avoiding me (unless its rain) qualifies in my book. :):):wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Exactly the same here Rikki. It seems, once again, that if it's cold enough to snow there is no precipitation and if there is precipitation it's not cold enough. CRAP

Bloody hell, you've been unlucky not to get at least some snow at 700ft!

Even worse a town ~5 miles away and at a lower or equal elevation than me had 6-8 inches this week. We did get a light covering from showers in December but that was quickly washed away by torrential rain.

Edited by Barb-

Posted

I'd like to join the club as well. As having nothing more than a pitiful dusting with showers seemingly avoiding me (unless its rain) qualifies in my book. wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

yep grimsby and cleethorpes are the no snow places to livewallbash.gif It mite aswell be summer here dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

With the greatest of pleasure I resign from this club :D

Posted

I'm not that au fait with the topography of Shropshire. However, I can tell you that they used to live in a village called 'Much Wenlock' and owned 'The Wenlock Edge Inn', which, since changing hands, trades under a new name (which I don't know).

Wenlock Edge- 200m+ higher than Shrewsbury. Different planet when it comes to snow normally- haven't got down there yet this month though seeing where the snowline is here I reckon only the very top will have any snow. This county (outside the highest parts) has been No-Snow Central during this spell (read the Midlands winter forum!)

Posted

Wenlock Edge- 200m+ higher than Shrewsbury. Different planet when it comes to snow normally- haven't got down there yet this month though seeing where the snowline is here I reckon only the very top will have any snow. This county (outside the highest parts) has been No-Snow Central during this spell (read the Midlands winter forum!)

LLangollen has took all of todays snow still heavy snow to the north/NW on the radar moving nowhere.

Posted

I was wondering, too. :rofl:

Is there anybody there? :lol:

I left the club before Christmas, and have reinforced my non-membership overnight.

I hope there are no members anymore. :(