Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 4

Methuselah

Steady snow and graupel, hardly any thaw...Hope you guys near Glasgow just have a 'temporary' warm patch... :yahoo:

It doesn't really matter how warm it is here, there's not even any precip :)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

If this all pans out later, I bet this thread has a few spectators from the English regions. Wouldn't it be funny if we all started speaking in our regional dialects.

eg: "Were startin' tae tak' a fair skelp doon bye!" :yahoo:

Tha sin ceart! Tha e uabhassoch fuar an-diugh!

Don't think they'd understand that at all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Moderate snow been falling for about 10 minutes after a few flakes half an hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Don't think they'd understand that at all :lol:

It's bloody cold to-day!! :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

From a Leith/Embra "my backyard" perspective looking marginal again over the next 12-18 hours. Lots of cloud cover, not convinced we'll see much temperature fall as a result ... or whether there'll be much if any precip left from the advancing blob from the north. We could end up in an anti-climactic situation of having all the right starting conditions for a decent fall, but ending up with a cloudy, cold-ish setup and a marginal thaw of whats already here (currently precious little in terms of depth here, millmetres at best)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Snow is heavy again and temp now 0C

What if this were to continue for 72 hours???? :clap: :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Don't think they'd understand that at all :lol:

is that the scottish language or is it the dialect for your area?:clap:

Posted

From a Leith/Embra "my backyard" perspective looking marginal again over the next 12-18 hours. Lots of cloud cover, not convinced we'll see much temperature fall as a result ... or whether there'll be much if any precip left from the advancing blob from the north. We could end up in an anti-climactic situation of having all the right starting conditions for a decent fall, but ending up with a cloudy, cold-ish setup and a marginal thaw of whats already here (currently precious little in terms of depth here, millmetres at best)

Fear not bt - there's an organised band moving southeast that'll be with us by 4.30/5pm I reckon. Doesn't show any sign of fizzling out and it's in northern Perthshire now.

Posted

What if this were to continue for 72 hours???? :yahoo: :yahoo:

That is a thought no sign of let up on the radar just yet!!

I have a kids disco in Inverness this evening...........just wondering if I will get home if the snow continues. Certainly wont tackle Drumossie Brae!.........LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Snowing steadily in Perth now. Temperature 0.6C Dew Point -1.3C.

Message http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IPERTHAN2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

is that the scottish language or is it the dialect for your area?:yahoo:

That's Scottish (a celtic Gaelic language), Scots is a Germanic language (like Robert Burns) which is more similar to English.

See Pete's post for a translation :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

In Shugee I trust ! :yahoo:

Doing my usual crappy projections of where that band might end up. If it keeps its intensity and stays on that track then we should get something surely !

Fear not bt - there's an organised band moving southeast that'll be with us by 5pm I reckon. Doesn't show any sign of fizzling out and it's in northern Perthshire now.

Posted

That's Scottish (a celtic Gaelic language), Scots is a Germanic language (like Robert Burns) which is more similar to English.

See Pete's post for a translation :yahoo:

ok thanks yea it didnt look like scots because people here in antrim speak not really scots but a bit like that theyll say words like dinny and all that... thats how i worked out it wasnt scots english

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The big snow band is about 5 miles to our northwest now, and the cloudcover is looking very threatening.

Posted

In Shugee I trust ! :yahoo:

Doing my usual crappy projections of where that band might end up. If it keeps its intensity and stays on that track then we should get something surely !

:yahoo: It could still go pear-shaped! I'm down Leith Walk for my tea at a pal's - so will see anything falling from the sky from a Leither's perspective :D

ok thanks yea it didnt look like scots because people here in antrim speak not really scots but a bit like that theyll say words like dinny and all that... thats how i worked out it wasnt scots english

Scots is a completely different language to Scots English, but that's a thread for another day :)

Judging by the radar there is a gap in the precip and I am not going to see any more for several hours. What a rubbish weather warning from the Met-O. Still, the mess off the west coast has to go somewhere, surely??