Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Looks like a nice long band that does

Chris

thats very weird indeed! look out to ireland! more showers going to be passing over the sea and get here in 2-3hours smile.gif

Posted

Are we gonna see anymore snow here on the North East Derbyshire/Sheffield border.

if you look out to northireland theres showers about to go into the sea then all the way down to here! so if they get better then it could happen :cc_confused:

Posted

It must be another sector of milder air, like we got last night.

Have I missed something, It's raining and I'm at 338Ft asl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

12cm of level snow here. About 6.5cm fell this afternoon. Currently dry and quite clear with the temp' at -1.5c.

Posted

Anyone noticed a few showers starting to form off the west coast? With the wind direction going more westerly they would miss here, thats if they even made it! Temp is now 0.9c. Just had a look outside and there is still quite a bit of high level cloud around. Hopefully as this clears temps will drop a little faster :cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Evening all,

Just enjoying a quick read. Just had first power cut of the season, had to dig around for candles and sit around in the darkness for over 2 hrs. Good times. :o

Posted

Anyone noticed a few showers starting to form off the west coast? With the wind direction going more westerly they would miss here, thats if they even made it! Temp is now 0.9c. Just had a look outside and there is still quite a bit of high level cloud around. Hopefully as this clears temps will drop a little faster :)

The temp has been 1c here for a few hours,but hopefully it will start to drop very soon. Hardly any of the snow has melted today :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Anyone noticed a few showers starting to form off the west coast? With the wind direction going more westerly they would miss here, thats if they even made it! Temp is now 0.9c. Just had a look outside and there is still quite a bit of high level cloud around. Hopefully as this clears temps will drop a little faster :o

After todays shock i wouldn't rule anything out i was on my way back to Killamarsh from Creswell earlier when the Heavy snow set in couldn't believe it when i set off from Creswell back to Killamarsh it was bright sunshine when travelling back the clouds to the north & west turned very dark when i i got to Barlborough village it started snowing! then just as i went under the motorway past the Pebley pub it turned into a whiteout the visibility was terrible it had only been snowing 5 mins when the roads were totally covered and became very slippery.

Posted

After todays shock i wouldn't rule anything out i was on my way back to Killamarsh from Creswell earlier when the Heavy snow set in couldn't believe it when i set off from Creswell back to Killamarsh it was bright sunshine when travelling back the clouds to the north & west turned very dark when i i got to Barlborough village it started snowing! then just as i went under the motorway past the Pebley pub it turned into a whiteout the visibility was terrible it had only been snowing 5 mins when the roads were totally covered and became very slippery.

Really was amazing, came down like mad! Went out on the roads shortly after and they were quite bad, especially in the village and the main road to Worksop!

Posted

Well I hope i don't get any more showers as the warm sector may make the showers fall as rain.

Posted

Max during daylight hours -1.9, though day max was -1.4 just after midnight. Now -3.9.

Only just caught the northern edge of showers today which added 1cm, but absolutely no thaw here at all. Roads still very poor in the Wolds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Max during daylight hours -1.9, though day max was -1.4 just after midnight. Now -3.9.

Only just caught the northern edge of showers today which added 1cm, but absolutely no thaw here at all. Roads still very poor in the Wolds.

The roads here are extremely poor too - the extra snow and the sub-zero temps have created some really difficult driving conditions over the highest routes.

Posted

Really was amazing, came down like mad! Went out on the roads shortly after and they were quite bad, especially in the village and the main road to Worksop!

I crashed 3 times because of sheet ice there was nothing i could do i went into the curb twice once as i was coming down cherry tree drive and then once near Drakehouse.

I nearly crashed into a car on the bottom of Walford near the midland pub i was only going between 5mph & 10mph just rolling own and tapping the breaks then i caught a patch of ice near the roundabout and nearly went head on into a car that was stationery in traffic the look on that guys face was a picture he must have thought i was going to run straight into him luckily i managed to stop before i went straight into him a very close shave indeed. :rofl:

Posted

Late country file just showed a lot of uncertainty coming up to the xmas period, they aint sure whether the atlantic will break through, and if it does it only showed south of the U.K warming up slightly.

Tomorrow night looks good for another 5cm of snow for some eastern areas.

Lewis

Posted

I crashed 3 times because of sheet ice there was nothing i could do i went into the curb twice once as i was coming down cherry tree drive and then once near Drakehouse.

I nearly crashed into a car on the bottom of Walford near the midland pub i was only going between 5mph & 10mph just rolling own and tapping the breaks then i caught a patch of ice near the roundabout and nearly went head on into a car that was stationery in traffic the look on that guys face was a picture he must have thought i was going to run straight into him luckily i managed to stop before i went straight into him a very close shave indeed. rofl.gif

My dad nearly skidded out into the middle of a junction, luckily no cars were coming :rofl:

Temp now down to 0.7c, those showers seem to be getting a little better off the west coast! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

who's noticed Topcliffe is already at -7C? Going to be a cold night there!

Posted

Wheewh, panic over (not really panicking but no other word i can think of). Temps going back down, showers really increasing over NW england. Also the band of showers of Ireland have successfully made it into central northern Ireland without dying so something to watch out for.

Edit: It's snowing drunk.gif

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

Temp now down to 0.7c, those showers seem to be getting a little better off the west coast! :rofl:

There seems to be a more organised trough swinging down the west atm. Looks to be just bocing south into ulster and Dumfries and Galloway. Lets see if we get anything from it shall we ? :rofl:

Posted

My dad nearly skidded out into the middle of a junction, luckily no cars were coming :rofl:

Temp now down to 0.7c, those showers seem to be getting a little better off the west coast! :)

I couldn't help but laugh when i hit the curb twice it was like being on the dodgems trying to regain control of the car it was madness' :D i was half expecting my wheel too fall off lol :D i wasn't the only one to crash my dad did aswell he crashed into the curb and nearly lost control of the car because of sheet ice aswell the conditions were especially bad at Drakehouse near the retail park the road that runs behind it was a sheet of ice for the most part it was like driving across an ice rink :D

Shame i didn't have a pair of ice skates might have had ago at it. :rofl:

who's noticed Topcliffe is already at -7C? Going to be a cold night there!

If the skys stay clear i wouldn't be suprised to see it drop to -13 to -14 like it did the other night.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Driving back home from Louth to Grimsby last night at 1.30 was very tricky. Almost as if the minimal amount of grit was put on the roads. ^.^

Turning off at North Thoresby to reach Tetney revealed my first real life sighting of ... wait for it.. a snowplough!

The last time I saw a snowplough it was driven by Homer Simpson. :rofl::rofl::D

Posted

Light snow in Dronfield again doesn't look like it will last long.

looks like the showers will kick off again in a hour