Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I can see a shower that looks to be on course with Doncaster :good:

Over here and the temp is now -0.4c with mostly clear skies.

How much lying snow have you got mate? :)

Posted

Anyone on here explain why temps aint anywhere as low as expected tonight ??

A warm sector, they will drop eventually, i'm happy with hovering around freezing and heavy snow for now :good:

Posted

How much lying snow have you got mate? biggrin.gif

A good covering of about 5cm biggrin.gif, not bad for falling in just one night! A bit higher were it has drifted. Hows about you?

Now down to -0.5c lol

I hope there is little thaw tomorrow laugh.gif

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

A good covering of about 5cm biggrin.gif, not bad for falling in just one night! A bit higher were it has drifted. Hows about you?

Now down to -0.5c lol

I don't imagine it will get above freezing tomorrow, especially around The Pennines and Peak District with snow cover.

Posted

Now down to -0.5c lol

Yeah about the same here.According to weatheronline the temp has dropped 2c in the last 30mins.

Currently at -1c :cold:

Posted

I don't imagine it will get above freezing tomorrow, especially around The Pennines and Peak District with snow cover.

I certainly hope so! Should ensure we have some very cold night time mins next week. If the mild air keeps at bay i may even have some on the ground for the big day its self...

Posted

I certainly hope so! Should ensure we have some very cold night time mins next week. If the mild air keeps at bay i may even have some on the ground for the big day its self...

Thats what I'm hoping for. Hasn't melted at all today. I am a little concerned about the snow tomorrow night as it looks like rain on the bbc forecast. I would rather miss out and have a frost instead. What are your views on this?

Posted

I reckon Slaithwaite or the m62 footbridge at Outlane will be where Paul Hudson will be tomorrow, or at least some footage.

Still snowing heavily here and some mighty gusts.

Posted

Yeah about the same here.According to weatheronline the temp has dropped 2c in the last 30mins.

Currently at -1c :cold:

Temp rose earlier started to rain, back to light snow now, hope the temps stay low. Hope that stream coming across Ireland brings the goodies. :hi:

Posted

Thats what I'm hoping for. Hasn't melted at all today. I am a little concerned about the snow tomorrow night as it looks like rain on the bbc forecast. I would rather miss out and have a frost instead. What are your views on this?

I think inland anything this far North would be snow, perhaps sleet towards the coast. If its at night then its even better for snow prospects :cold: Just keep an eye on your DewPoint and Watch the radar

Posted

I reckon Slaithwaite or the m62 footbridge at Outlane will be where Paul Hudson will be tomorrow, or at least some footage.

Still snowing heavily here and some mighty gusts.

He's a proper cold weather ramper and is one of the first forecasters on TV to mention anything remotely cold on the horizon. He mentioned this spell at least a week before it begun. Great man!

Posted

Hasn't melted at all today.

It's hardly melted here today and it's great :D this cold spell has definitely delivered the goods :wallbash:

Posted

It's hardly melted here today and it's great biggrin.gif this cold spell has definitely delivered the goods good.gif

It certainly has, I was a little worried on Thursday night/Friday morning when we had missed out completly. Just shows patience is the key.

Posted

It certainly has, I was a little worried on Thursday night/Friday morning when we had missed out completly. Just shows patience is the key.

Yeah that was very frustrating thats for sure,although last night definitely made up for it :wallbash:

Some of the snow last night was the heaviest ive seen in quite a few years, and the flakes were massive.

Posted

Had 2 inch of snow Thursday , only lost about half of that last night with sleet falling ... had a dusting onto that this afternoon ! Still got a covering but it lasting until Friday is going to take some effort now :wallbash:

Posted

When I went to Morrisons this morning the temperature on the dashboard showed -6, I thought it was wrong but just checked on the weatheronline site and it would seem it was correct. Showing -2 now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I went out this afternoon to top town and the temperature was -2c

Considering we are right on the coast it is rather unusual given that some posters have been reporting temperatures in Doncaster (perhaps 40miles away?) reaching +2 today.

Edited by rikki

Posted

Who said it doesn't get cold near the sea! Thats the one thing I find the GFS tempereature charts struggle at, as we are very rarely shown a frost. The forecast radar chart for 2.30 tonight look interesting for us according the the Meteo site.

http://meteox.co.uk/...877&type=expbld

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

What a day i've had.

There was a prolonged fall in Rotherham (which turned out to affect SW S Yorks, NE Derbyshire & Lancashire..) around lunchtime. The roads were totally covered in no time and yes, chaos ensured.

I was even rear ended by some moron at a junction, who was going far too fast. Saw some lass loose control and overturn her mini on the A630...going too fast again, on the slushy ice that now covers most roads in Rotherham and Doncaster....

All in all, been quite fun. Especially seeing everyone just sit there spinning the front wheels.... I just put the car in 2nd, took my feet off all the pedals and let the car do it's own driving. Worked perfectly. Stopping is easy too. Just touch the brakes, leave the clutch alone and the ABS stays off whilst the car slows. When almost stopped, push clutch in. Key is lightly press the brake till it bites then slightly increase the pressure.

Simples.....

Posted

Considering we are right on the coast it is rather unusual given that some posters have been reporting temperatures in Doncaster (perhaps 40miles away?) reaching +2 today.

It's been days since the temp last reached as high as 2c here :)

Edited by sufc

Posted

not been real great for snow in my part of doncaster had about a cm thurs most of that got washed away lastnight with the rain and today got about another cm at about half 2 and abit of icy rain 2night but very light :)